Greetings from the UK

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Greetings from the UK

Post#1 » Aug 29 2017 08:18

Real first name: Jamie

Age and gender: 24, Male

How did you get into wargaming?
My friend Lewis has been playing 40k for a long time. I originally started playing D&D (still do and love it!) but branched out into the various other games (Dark Heresy as an example) and eventually into wargaming.

How did you get into Tau?
Weirdly enough, we were at a point in my D&D campaign where I needed some Warforged-style miniatures. My friend had just bought the Kill Team box when it came out and suggested I use the "funny looking robot dudes" as my Warforged for D&D. After that part of the campaign concluded, he taught me Kill Team and the rest is history!

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Watch Gundam Seed and Code Geass, you might see the inspiration (or get some!).

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Brass/Copper and Stainless Steel (read: Balthasar Gold and Leadbelcher with Warplock Bronze and Runefang Steel highlights).

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Googling Tau tactics for 8th edition, so I've only been a member for about a day!

What are the origins of your ATT username?
I honestly don't know where the name originated, but it's been my go-to username for everything! (Xbox Live, Steam, Instagram...)

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Of course!

Where and how often do you usually play?
Usually every fortnight at my FLGS and games with friends whenever we can in between!

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I have a small amount of Eldar (maybe about 1000 points worth?) that I enjoy suplementing my Tau with.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I love playing against Eldar! Hate playing against Chaos forces, but that seems to be all I actually get to play against right now.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best moment is either tabling a field of Eldar Jetbikes with a Manta Strike Crisis Squad, or one-shotting a Maulerfiend in Overwatch with a Fusion Blaster Stealth suit (back in 7th when you could do that!).

Worst moment is losing an entire campaign against Chaos due to me just not being experienced enough! (4 losses to 1 win!)

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Some encourage me, some choose not to talk about it :-?

What are some of you other interests?
I'm a musician and sound engineer!

Do you have any pets?
1 fish, 1 russian dwarf hamster!

What is your favourite band?
Paramore, but there are way too many amazing bands to name honestly! I'm a real Alt Rock and Metal freak, but I love most kinds of music in all honesty!
:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :evil:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Greetings from the UK

Post#2 » Aug 30 2017 03:57

Welcome to the forum and ATT Community :)

Thanks for the write up, fun read through. Russian Hamsters!? Google-time :D

Nice mix of interests, web, music and sound engineering - the next SoundCloud? ;)

Ghostly Daemon
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 30 2017 07:58

Thank you!

Yeah, they're odd creatures I must say but sufficiently adorable (when my one doesn't bite me anyways :? )

Haha who knows, we may be needing it soon!
:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :evil:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Aug 30 2017 05:44

True that, I've heard the future for Soundcloud may be dim.

As for Russian Hamsters, he sounds about the right temperment :D

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#5 » Sep 05 2017 04:30

Greetings Ghostly Daemon,

Ghostly Daemon wrote:What is your Tau colour scheme?
Brass/Copper and Stainless Steel (read: Balthasar Gold and Leadbelcher with Warplock Bronze and Runefang Steel highlights).

This sounds really interesting, do not keep us waiting on pictures here!

Ghostly Daemon wrote:Watch Gundam Seed and Code Geass, you might see the inspiration (or get some!).

Friends always said to me "You play Tau? you must love Appleseed" and such ... I had never seen Appleseed. I did watch it last year and do totally understand that assumption, it did have the Tau vibe.

Ghostly Daemon wrote:Do you have any pets?
1 fish, 1 russian dwarf hamster!

Well the addition of 'russian' makes it sound dangerous. :P

Enjoy your Stay here at ATT!

Tau'va

Gue'el Che Gue'vesa

Return to “Membership Profiles”