Greetings from Oregon

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Nooch'un
Shas'Saal

Greetings from Oregon

Post#1 » Aug 29 2017 09:51

Real first name: Matt

Age and gender: 27 year old Male

How did you get into wargaming? ....

When I was 12 - 13 I stumbled into a model store with a friend looking for Magic or Pokémon cards; this place had a wide variety, and after looking over the trains we noticed a basement and asked the owner. It turned out to be 4 huge war gaming tables one for every season, he showed us his painted elder army and we were hooked, he borrowed us a rule book, we both looked over the armies, he picked the Dark Angels, I picked the brand new army at the time the Tau. Been hooked to the 40k universe ever since.

How did you get into Tau? ....

When I Started they were just getting models and I saw the old Crisis Suit on the box with the Plasma and was immediately hooked, had been growing up on Gundam Shows so the appeal was there but I felt like they were the cleanest army not all elfish, war like regal, or straight barbarous.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? ....

I am relatively new myself since most of the game has changed and I have no army, but in this Information Age it's a great way to get out and hang out with some people and get into it, there is so much detail in the 40k universe it's wicked interesting and imaginative.

What is your Tau colour scheme?

Bronze armor with a Teal as a secondary, I use my own paints until I can afford the actual model based ones.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?

Googling up the Tau, I've poped in and out for a long while sneaking around in the shadows

What are the origins of your ATT username?

Nooch'un =
Nooch (Vegan Slang for Nutritional Yeast)
Un (Remember as Prefix from Old Codex and relate it with one, which I am, Only Child, live alone pretty solitary and happy to be)

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?

Yep

Where and how often do you usually play?

Hoping weekly soon, done some skirmishes with people's secondary armies just working on getting mine together

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?

Nope just rolling Tau right now, I like others but want to focus here for now

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?

When I was younger I struggled against chaos so we will see, I enjoy playing the space marines, makes me feel good to put the imperium down a peg

What is your best and worst 40K moment?

I won my first local tournament, killing a bloodthirster in a chaos scenario where we all 12 were on the board and how we did tournament wise set how many points we could use. Finished him off with my last stealth suit and I was in the bottom half, took home a huge gift certificate it was ridiculous and I was maybe 8 months into playing.

Anyone remember the Kroot Carnivore Army List, with the winged Kroot and all that Jazz, yeah that army handed it to me 14 times, only beat him in the above tournament at the end by rushing his Kroot before he could get to me, stealth suit spam it worked back than

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?

Just one of my quirks to those who know me, hey it's better than blowing lines all day, that's what my dad used to say

What are some of you other interests?

Art, Books, Hiking, Anime, Movies, Cooking, Drawing, uhhh stuff

Do you have any pet?

Yep, cat

What is your favourite band?

Daft Punk

Awesome template, hey everyone and thanks for reading
https://imgur.com/user/SpiltNooch
(Elsy'eir Sept Honour Division) [WIP]

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Greetings from Oregon

Post#2 » Aug 30 2017 03:50

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the intro - interesting to read - also a Daft Punk fan myself the 2007 tour was epic.

What did you pick up with your Gift Cert post game? :D

Nooch'un
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Aug 30 2017 07:52

I actually had another friend at the time who was hovering over my shoulder but couldn't afford it so I told him to pick and army and got him everything he needed, sadly I made another Space Wolf but hey we could now game 3 way in my basement and again blow away two imperium chapters :crafty:
https://imgur.com/user/SpiltNooch
(Elsy'eir Sept Honour Division) [WIP]

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Aug 30 2017 05:31

Massive respect, that's a great way to spend it. :)

But yes, one needs target practice for our advanced rail and pulse weapons. :crafty:

Return to “Membership Profiles”