ZettaCrash

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
ZettaCrash
Shas'Saal

ZettaCrash

Post#1 » Sep 04 2017 09:18

Real first name: Luke

Age and gender: Male, 25

How did you get into wargaming?
I've always had an interest in the game since about 4th edition. A family friend had a collection of space marines and I was able to browse through the different factions. Tau in particular stuck out to me and in 2010, I finally had enough of a steady income to slowly build an army!

How did you get into Tau?
Perhaps one too many mecha anime or a fascination with robots, I've always leaned towards technological factions. However, it was primarily the robots at the time.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Make sure your army is somewhat diverse. When I first started, I tried going a full battlesuit army reflecting the Farsight Enclaves. However, it has become apparent that such powerful machines can only work with the addition of other units to act as buffers and workhorses.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Red, White, and with golden accents. Pathfinders and stealth-suits, however, are blue, black, and silver.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I came across ATT when browsing for more input and ideas for what can better a tau army. While I've been a guest for quite a long time, it was only recently I decided to sign up.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It is the username I use for most things. However, it's from a game called The World Ends With You. It stuck with me.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Of course. I would need to as to not do anything that isn't wanted.

Where and how often do you usually play?
I play at Game Empire near my house. Perhaps once a week or so.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Now that I have collected a rather large collection of Tau, I am starting to collect Harlequins so I can experience the brutality of melee combat in it's fullest and to actually use psychic powers. :P

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I enjoy fighting most armies as every battle is learning experience. However, I have to admit fighting armies consisting entirely out of Imperial Knights rather trying and droll.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?

My best moments are whenever well planned attack executes perfectly with minimal dice interference.

The worst one, by far, was my very first game against a Dark Eldar. My hammerhead detonated, dealing maximum mortal wounds to at least 4 units and wiping out the commander. I have replaced my dice since then.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
They all think it's great! They're happy I have some creative outlet to paint and work on outside of schoolwork and work.

What are some of you other interests?
Cooking, Games, Computer technologies, Cosplay. The list can go on.

Do you have any pets?
I have a single dog named Bella.

What is your favorite band?
Currently, it is a Japanese rap band called Midocronica.

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Re: ZettaCrash

Post#2 » Sep 05 2017 03:16

Greatings ZettaCrash,

ZettaCrash wrote:What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Make sure your army is somewhat diverse. When I first started, I tried going a full battlesuit army reflecting the Farsight Enclaves. However, it has become apparent that such powerful machines can only work with the addition of other units to act as buffers and workhorses.

I have to say, that is a really solid advice and that is the most important thing for Tau, they work best in synergy. I always try to build my armies so that the different units benefit from each other ... but then forget to use most of their benefits ... :fear:

Anyhow, enjoy your stay here and I am looking to see more from you around here.

Tau'va
Gue'el Che Gue'vesa

Return to “Membership Profiles”