La Tau's Greeting

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
La tau
Shas

La Tau's Greeting

Post#1 » Sep 10 2017 08:55

Real first name:
Me real name is Joshua (everyone just says Josh)

Age and gender:
18 and Male last i checked

Australia, NSW. Anymore would be telling :D

Sadly just a student as of present

How did you get into wargaming?
Got into warhammer years ago when i was much younger, only did it as more an interest but within the last two years struck back up my keen interest into playing 40k, especially as a store opened up nearby to do games with other fellow players.

How did you get into Tau?
Uh i must confess i myself am not a tau player (i know how dare i?). I myself run a Deathwatch and recently a Necron army still in it's infant phases. I have helped one of my close friends get into 40k and grow his Tau army.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Do research on treasure trove sites like these, veteran players of factions are almost always willing, and enjoy helping those new to the game/race and are your best way to ensure you have a enjoyable time with you're fancy new tau. :evil:

What is your Tau colour scheme?
*cough* erhmm Well given i don't actually own a tau army i shall instead say that i do find the more earthen colour scheme to be quite pleasing to the eye.

In case you were curious (which you weren't dam non tau player) My DW are painted in standard colour scheme and my cron's are a deep blue w/ gold trims (or are in the process of, painting goes slowly for me)

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I found this site through my friend who told me of his find when looking for tactics for tau/colour schemes himself. I've been a member for less than a day.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Well it was going to be Le Sneaky Robot, But somehow it turned into La Tau. Was meant to be a joking reference to my non tau playing status

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Indeed i have read over the rules and find them more than acceptable

Where and how often do you usually play?
I play on a weekly basis at my local store

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Death Watch, my first and forever faithful love.
Necrons, My new, exotic and exciting edition

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Ohh that there is a tough one to answer. I'd have to say my worst army to play against is 100% Genestealers. Reason being whilst playing a Deathwatch list he got good roles had almost his entire force within 3-9" away from mine turn 1, shot at me before turn 1 and killed most of my army by the end of turn 1 (was not a happy xeno hunter).

My favourite army to play against? Well really i don't have any one army in particular, i've fought Tau plenty, IG, Nids, Chaos, Crons, and Skitarii. All have been enjoyable to play against, i mainly look for a fun game that is both challenging and stimulating.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
My best moment? Oh that's an easy one. Fighting my Deathwatch V Tyranids (3000 pts game i believe). Had lost a large portion of my force backed into a corner desperately last standing against his advancing hoard. My only way to hold him off was to charge my Watch Master in. This glorious model survived attack after attack, charge after charge decimating any who dared get into range of his Guardian Spear. His actions were the sole reason the remaining forces could rally and turn a crushing defeat into a heroic victory. He shall forever be honoured and loved.

My worst? it pains me to say (i'm sure will make you lot giddy) But asides from that genestealer event mentioned earlier it was against Tau (Deathwatch fighting them around 1k points i believe). Had most of my points into a large Kill Team with supporting elements around them. Had a forgeworld suit smash down next to me, flamer my entire army, reduce me down to a single model and my watch master, shot gun blasted my remaining man, take my watch master down to 1 wound. The biggest insult? he refused to let me die in honourable melee, Jumped back into reserves denying me death in trying to avenge my fallen comrades.
Stupid suit.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My friends? Dirty DW/Cron Player
Family Wallet Emptier 2000
What are some of you other interests?
Space stuff, Reading, Gaming, Pondering all manner of random things and just in general chilling with friends.

Do you have any pets?
I have myself a Golden Retriever named Molly, she is 11 years old
What is your favourite band?
Too hard, i present a list of some of my favourites.
Sabaton, Nickelback, Alestorm, not a band but Electro Swing music.

Thanks for reading! :D :D
The double tap rule must always be upheld, especially when fighting necrons :dead:

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: La Tau's Greeting

Post#2 » Sep 20 2017 06:18

Ahhh.. a spy eh? haha - All good, be interesting to hear your thoughts in discussions on competing against your preferred forces too.

Your Best Moment is brilliant, love it when the dice decide, no.. we're rolling Epic. :evil:

Top stuff, see you about the "Orbital" :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”