Malice_SWD

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Malice_SWD
Shas

Malice_SWD

Post#1 » Sep 15 2017 10:34

Real first name: Steven

Age and gender: 36 Male

How did you get into wargaming?

A long time ago (as a child) I painted WH fantasy (Greenskins BTW) never really played as didn't have a group of friends as geeky as me :D but recently fell into a gaming group (work colleagues) where we play games like x-wing, dead of winter etc and this has lead us to start playing D&D. Recently underwent an amputation and needed something to concentrate on to help deal with the phantom pains and the wife suggested painting miniatures (which turns out to be really good). As a couple of the guys in our group had played 40K in the past and showed an interest in getting back into it that seemed a logical place to start.

How did you get into Tau?
Is I thought they looked cool a good enough reason?

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Read the rules again.. As a new player with a grand total one 1 unit painted and 0 games played. Learning the rules is a major undertaking :)

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Its a mix of shades of Grey with red. Looks better than it sounds and I will post pics.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?

Less than an hour though I've been reading several threads trying to soak up as much info as possible over the last few weeks. Found via Google while looking for good sources of info on list building.

What are the origins of your ATT username?

Two parts to this - Malice is a shortened handle from an online game I used to play at uni that has just stuck around.
- SWD are my initials.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?

Yup and will no doubt read them again.

Where and how often do you usually play?
will be at home and as we haven't played yet no idea on how often. The group are all starting fresh, there will be Thousand Sons, Primaris Space Marines and Grey wolves as well as my Tau in our group.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
nope

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Looking forward to finding out

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Expensive like my other hobbies but as my wife suggested it no ill feeling (she has even painted some of my old Orcs from fantasy).

What are some of you other interests?
Photography, Music mainly rock/Metal but will give anything a chance, Film/TV, General Board Gaming

Do you have any pets?
nope

What is your favourite band?
Probably Metallica or Pantera but I like too many to list.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Malice_SWD

Post#2 » Sep 20 2017 06:11

Hi and welcome to ATT :D

Man, trash talk in the office must be rife! Haha. Worked in a AAA Gaming studio doing some art and each lunch they played things like Starcraft etc, and the banter for the rest of the afternoon was livewire haha.

Enjoy browsing the site, do check out all our Resource articles, usually in the top bar of each major forum and sub forum.

See about the "Orbital"!

Return to “Membership Profiles”