Hi from south UK

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Farsight86
Shas'Saal

Hi from south UK

Post#1 » Sep 21 2017 04:20

Real first name: Ash

Age and gender: 30 Male

How did you get into wargaming?: University, introduced by a friend

How did you get into Tau?: After playing Space Marines wanted a more shooting based Army so Tau seemed the logical choice.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?: Buy the units you like the look of and get playing. You can always build a list around your favourite minis.

What is your Tau colour scheme?: Red and Black

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?: Just signed up but have known people who use this as a resource.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Leader of Farsight Enclaves army then birth year

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? Once per week at houses or local games store. Then once per month at tournaments.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?: 40K; Raven Guard and Tyranids. Sigmar; Orks. Infinity; Haqqislam

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?: In 8th Magnus / Mortarian Daemons.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? : Winning best Grey Knight player at a Throne of skulls with the assist of Tau. Worst was being matched up vs 5th edition flamer and screamer Daemons and not knowing what it did.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?: They don't mind as its what I like and they know I enjoy it.

What are some of you other interests?: I'm a keen 10 pin bowler and play at league level. I'm also a 2nd Dan in Karate and participated at National Level.

Do you have any pets?: No

What is your favourite band?: Don't really have one. I listen to music and say that's good or that's bad.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Hi from south UK

Post#2 » Oct 17 2017 04:35

Hi and Welcome to the 'Orbital' :)

Apologies for the delayed welcome, manic few weeks and well, Orc Waaghs, Imperium entanglements etc the usual.

Great to see the variety of armies - certainly add to the community discussion for counter tactics against such forces :)

So yes, hope you've been enjoying the past couple of weeks here, any issues shout and thanks for becoming a member!

regards
Tael. :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”