Esphareph

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Esphareph
Shas'Saal

Esphareph

Post#1 » Oct 09 2017 03:25

Real first name:
Patrick

Age and gender:
31, Male

Energy Calculation Engineer

How did you get into wargaming?
I started playing PNPs and Magic in 5th or 6th class. Wargaming came closely after this since my classmate played Demonworld

How did you get into Tau?
I really like the style of the miniatures and the fluff. I used to play Imperial Guard but since I'm starting from nothing again, I don't want to paint so many boots again

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
I'm here to get advices, not to give them XD. At this point I have no concrete idea what kind of army I'm going to built.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
I'm going to paint them in the classic ochre scheme

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
In the 4th edition of 40k I played with the thought of beginning a Tau army and found this Forum at google. But since my gaming group broke up these days it never happened. Shortly after that i sold all my 40k stuff. I want to build up an army again just for fun and for me as for now I've got noone to play with. I'm a member for about a week or two

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Its the Name of my first PNP character who was an elemental magician. I thought it would sound kinda mystical XD So this name is kinda 18 years old oO

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Good that this stands here. I will do so after submitting this post

Where and how often do you usually play?
Like I said, I haven't found someone yet. I want to build up slowly and after I have reached about 500-750 pts I will start looking for players in my area since I just moved her in june

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I have about 4000pts of Russian Strelkovy and 3000pts of British Tanks for Flames of War and my wife and I have just started with Malifaux. also some Ariadna (Infinity) are in my shelf somewhere

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
I don't like to play against Necrons (Just don't like them. In 4th edition they were very hard to beat for me) and my favourite enemy would be Orks as I like their style

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
The best was a full hit with my Basilisk on a Landraider full with a Terminator Command Squad. Almost everyone died.
Don't know how many pts this where but my enemy bought some new dice afterwards an threw his old ones in the thrash. The worst was one of my many game against Necrons where I maneged to kill 3 Warriors in a 1750pts game while my army was whiped out completely

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
I haven't told anyone. My wife is a bit afraid for the money but I will take it slow, and only buy models when everything is painted

What are some of you other interests?
I play Bass and Guitar, go climbing and start with historical european sword fencing

Do you have any pets?
Indeed, Kelzo. He is a Gaigo, Doberman-mix and about 3 years old. We fetched him last year in October from spain where he lived on the streets. He his a nice dog and likes to cuddle a lot and wants to please. I think he kinda knows, what we do for him

What is your favourite band?
This changes. At the moment I like to listen to Amon Amarth an Type O Negative a lot
Last edited by Esphareph on Oct 23 2017 02:43, edited 1 time in total.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: Esphareph

Post#2 » Oct 17 2017 04:14

Hi and welcome to the 'Orbital'

Classic Ochre? My man! Same here, though with desert blue accents. :)

Well, certainly a good time to sign up to ATT - the gang is considering all rules furiously and there is some active debate on good tactics.

Look forward to seeing some photos as you collect and pin down your first games

regards
Tael. :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”