Kerrygan

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Kerrygan
Shas
Posts: 25

Kerrygan

Post#1 » Nov 06 2017 09:31

Hello, I'm from Argentina. I play WFB and want to Start with 40k.
I allways have been in love with the Tau asthetics, and for God sake, the names of units and wargear! They are amazing.
Well, I don't own any 40k model yet, because the hobby is not very popular here, and the models are hard to get. And very expensive. A LOT.
I have been lurking the forum for about a months.
I'm in love with it.
I love the rules about grammar and such (I'm very perfectionist in my languaje) and the ones about quality content.
Also love the topics discused and the level of conversation.
Well, I will complete the pre-form:
Here we go!

Real first name: Francisco

Age and gender: 31, male.

Location: Bariloche, Argentina.

Occupation: electrical technician

How did you get into wargaming? A friend of mine bought a WFB 6th Ed box.

How did you get into Tau? Well, how could it be otherwise? It was love at first sight.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Enjoy the game and purge them all!

What is your Tau colour scheme? I don't own any model yet. But I like withe/red.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Google point me here with a "Tau forum" search. Although I'm lurking for about a month now, I registered yesterday.

What are the origins of your ATT username? A modified version of an StarCraft's character: Kerrigan.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes. And I love it. And love all the time and dedication.

Where and how often do you usually play? Sad question...

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Yes, Chaos Daemons from WFB.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I don't know. I didn't play any game yet. I would love to!

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Another sad question.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? I explain it very well, I think. My mother ask me to give her a Bloodletter to put "as guardian" in her car.

What are some of you other interests? Cience, maths...

Do you have any pets? No.

What is your favourite band? Nightwish. Love. The old one, with Tarja.

User avatar
Harkus959
Shas'Saal
Posts: 131

Re: Kerrygan

Post#2 » Nov 07 2017 12:21

Hey Francisco, and welcome to the orbital :)

I'm from South Africa, and I can certainly relate about models being expensive and games being hard to arrange. Hopefully, ATT can help with that and I look forward to hearing about what your war stories turn out to be as you spread the Greater Good.

Kerrygan
Shas
Posts: 25

Re: Kerrygan

Post#3 » Nov 09 2017 03:14

Hello Harkus, thanks for the welcome and for your comment in my other topic.
One great thing about this hobbie is the connection that it make possible.
South Africa! Is at "la loma del traste"!
See you in the fields of ATT!

User avatar
Harkus959
Shas'Saal
Posts: 131

Re: Kerrygan

Post#4 » Nov 09 2017 03:46

You're gonna have to explain that phrase to me I'm afraid, because google translate isn't being very helpful and I've never learned Spanish :P But I definitely agree, the internet is great for long-range connections, and ATT is great since it doesn't have a lot of the toxic behaviour of other sites.

Kerrygan
Shas
Posts: 25

Re: Kerrygan

Post#5 » Nov 10 2017 07:31

Well, it is used to refer to a place that is very far.
A "loma" is a knoll, and "traste" means butt.
So the phrase refers to the buttock as it is far from oneself's head.
I don't know, is a very common phrase here, although finding the meaning is something far-fetched.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 1944

Re: Kerrygan

Post#6 » Nov 10 2017 08:08

Kerrygan wrote:Well, it is used to refer to a place that is very far.
A "loma" is a knoll, and "traste" means butt.
So the phrase refers to the buttock as it is far from oneself's head.
I don't know, is a very common phrase here, although finding the meaning is something far-fetched.

In English, the best equivalent idiom could be "a way away." As in, "South Africa? Wow, that's a way away!" "A ways away" is also used by some people, but it sounds a little odd. Another option is "in the middle of nowhere," though that refers to a hard-to-reach or unpopulated place, not a far-away place.

Kerrygan
Shas
Posts: 25

Re: Kerrygan

Post#7 » Nov 10 2017 08:43

Arka0415 wrote:
Kerrygan wrote:Well, it is used to refer to a place that is very far.
A "loma" is a knoll, and "traste" means butt.
So the phrase refers to the buttock as it is far from oneself's head.
I don't know, is a very common phrase here, although finding the meaning is something far-fetched.

In English, the best equivalent idiom could be "a way away." As in, "South Africa? Wow, that's a way away!" "A ways away" is also used by some people, but it sounds a little odd. Another option is "in the middle of nowhere," though that refers to a hard-to-reach or unpopulated place, not a far-away place.


Hello, thanks for the note.
Yes, we do have "en el medio de la nada" (in the middle of nowhere). Also "donde el diablo perdió el poncho" (where the devil lost the poncho).
"En la loma del traste" or "en la loma del orto" are a very common phrase, very coloquial and may be used with caution since "traste" is butt, and "orto" is like "ass" but more kinda bad word.
But "en la loma del traste" is accepted and means no offense.

User avatar
Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui
Posts: 1944

Re: Kerrygan

Post#8 » Nov 11 2017 05:10

Kerrygan wrote:Hello, thanks for the note.
Yes, we do have "en el medio de la nada" (in the middle of nowhere). Also "donde el diablo perdió el poncho" (where the devil lost the poncho).
"En la loma del traste" or "en la loma del orto" are a very common phrase, very coloquial and may be used with caution since "traste" is butt, and "orto" is like "ass" but more kinda bad word.
But "en la loma del traste" is accepted and means no offense.

Okay! I'm trying to think of an English equivelent for "donde el diablo perdió el poncho". I think "in some godforsaken place" or "in a godforsaken place" might be the best translations. "A godforsaken place" has a very negative meaning. "Godforsaken" means "something god has forgotten about" or "something god has given up on." So it means a place that (a) is very far away, or (b) nobody wants to go to. Think of a city with lots of crime- that might be a "godforsaken place."

Return to “Membership Profiles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest