Greetings from Drim

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Drim
Shas

Greetings from Drim

Post#1 » Nov 07 2017 07:02

Hello everyone, new blood here, found out about this site through reddit after asking about some Tau fluff. Recently started to collect Tau and would like to try the actual tabletop at some point. I have collected Warhammer miniatures for years but never really got into the game itself as I found the rules rather complex plus no one nearby to play with. After years of collecting I have managed to get together several Fantasy/AOS armies, Mainly Lizardmen as my main army then I have Greenskins, Bretonnians, Chaos, Stormcast, Wood elves etc. Among other models from other tabletop games. Been using these armies for DnD mainly but now that I step into 40k I would like to try the actual Warhammer game.

The name's Simon but do call me Drim, I'm 26 and I'm from a little town in the middle of nowhere in the southern part of Sweden. Joining up here to find our more about the Tau lore and rules. I'm a sucker for reading up fluff and lore around the warhammer universe. Want to flesh out my Tau army and hope to find someone to play with in narrative battles. My color scheme is black and grey with some gold. I'm no pro at painting but atleast I'm pleased with my take on it.

Currently my Tau army consists of:
20 Fire Warriors
10 Breachers (+10 unassembled)
10 Pathfinders
1 Ethereal
1 Ghostkeel Stealth suit
3 Crisis suits
1 Broadside
1 Hammerhead
1 Devilfish Transport
2 Piranhas
3 XV15 Stealth suits
1 Deep Strike Veteran Ranger Gunslinger (wargameexclusive.com)
1 Deep Strike Veteran Far Taker (wargameexclusive.com)
Tons of Drones.

Currently waiting for some kroot knarloc riders to arrive, aiming to buy some kroots and turn some Imperial guard into Gue'vesa. No idea if it's worth it gameplay wise but for my army fluff.

Harkus959
Shas'Saal

Re: Greetings from Drim

Post#2 » Nov 07 2017 12:18

Hey Drim, welcome to our little corner of the internet.

That's a pretty impressive collection, hopefully we'll get to see some pics over in the gallery. Painting has never been my strongest suit, but I can relate to your interest in the fluff and rules. You should check out the library here on ATT, it's got plenty of background and lore, both official GW stuff and user-created submissions.

Drim
Shas

Re: Greetings from Drim

Post#3 » Nov 07 2017 12:58

Harkus959 wrote:Hey Drim, welcome to our little corner of the internet.

That's a pretty impressive collection, hopefully we'll get to see some pics over in the gallery. Painting has never been my strongest suit, but I can relate to your interest in the fluff and rules. You should check out the library here on ATT, it's got plenty of background and lore, both official GW stuff and user-created submissions.

Thanks :) Will take some time one day and read up on stuff there and once the majority of my stuff is painted I will take some photos for sure.

Return to “Membership Profiles”