New defender of the Greater Good from Barcelona!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Dabaren
Shas

New defender of the Greater Good from Barcelona!

Post#1 » Nov 07 2017 01:26

After a few weeks of reading and lurking around, I've decided to show myself and start participating!
I currently own a small T'au army (about 80 PL or 1500+ points) and I forced myself to not buy anything else untill I've painted everything I have (20% as today). If I feel confident enough maybe I'll post some of the pictures here at ATT!

Real first name: Ricard (yes, Richard)

Age and gender: 23, male

How did you get into wargaming? My old brother and a friend of him used to play WHF (7th edition I think) and I inherited an old Khemri army. Later on I started collecting my own High Elves army.

How did you get into Tau? Alien robots shooting energy beams for The Greater Good. Come on. How could I say no? The idea of super-suits falling from the sky and unleashing hell is just too much for me. Oh, and the KV-128.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Mag-ne-tize. I didn't do it with my XV8 and now I regret it.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Purple armor, black uniforms and orange/yellow sigils and "shiny energy things"

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I've been a member and reading this site for almost 2 months now, and I found it thanks to a Youtube comment on a Battle report.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Just my usual Online alias, nothing special. Thinking about turning it into something more... T'au-ish.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes, and I'm afraid of using GWIP names now.

Where and how often do you usually play? Mainly at one of the local GW stores in Barcelona.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Khemri and High Elves for WHF, and a good amount of LOTR figures.

PS: As you can see my english is not great, so I'll apreciate any kind of correction!

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Re: New defender of the Greater Good from Barcelona!

Post#2 » Nov 07 2017 02:31

Your english is great! I wish my Tau was as good :D

Look forward to seeing your army pics, a rather striking colour scheme by the sounds of it.

You are very self-disciplined to deny yourself any more models until you finish painting what you already have. I hope you are aware of the danger? It is well known that whan a gamer finishes painting his last model he dies? :dead: So make sure you have a good sized pile of unpainted (preferably unboxed) plastic/metal set aside somewhere... ;)

Welcome! :biggrin:

Ca'Tau'la
Shas

Re: New defender of the Greater Good from Barcelona!

Post#3 » Nov 09 2017 01:36

Welcome from Girona my friend :biggrin: Good to see other catalan members on ATT fighting for the greater good :fear: :fear:

Maybe if you show us your WIP I will finally foun courage to start painting my own army... My approach was more of a HEYY! I don't have this miniature yet and I think I can use it in my lists.. and spend some cash on it immediatly (2nd hand mostly, and when I say immediatly I mean when I have enough €€), and I now own a quite respectable and mostly unpainted collection... maibe some pics in a few weeks, just to be ashamed of my own lazyness :sad:

Return to “Membership Profiles”