Talo

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Talo
Shas

Talo

Post#1 » Nov 10 2017 03:34

Real first name:
-Brandon

Age and gender:
-26 (M)

-Utility Custodian for the school district

How did you get into wargaming?
-I was interested in the hobby for years but the initial investment was a bit steep for me. Luckily I had a surprise influx of expendable cash so I decided to take the plunge.

How did you get into Tau?
-The aesthetics of the troops drew my initial interest when I was picking an army. The thing that won me over though was the fluff. I like the idea of having a variety of aliens in the same army and the T’au support that vision.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
-Be an enjoyable opponent, don’t let your mood sour someone else’s enjoyment of the game.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
-Black cloth, dark blue armor with silver accents, light blue lights/lenses and orange markings

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
-While I was researching interesting projects my Google searching often lead me back to this site. I started lurking during 6th edition when I made my initial investment. After a long hiatus from the hobby I finally joined on November 8th 2017.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
-It is the name I use for characters that I pour myself into to feel more immersed in a game. The first notable Talo was a DnD character that I made a few years back. I already have a model lined up for the Warhammer version and he will likely be a proxy for Darkstrider.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
-Yes

Where and how often do you usually play?
- Despite having the supplies for years I have yet to finish my army and play. I often seem to get stuck in the planning phase. I will likely play at my house or a friend’s until I have a good grasp of the rules then I may venture into our local comic shop.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
-Once the T’au models I have are finished I intend to make a small fighing force of Tzeentch daemons and Death Guard.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
-They think they are great. Though I think they get tired of hearing me gush over the fluff.

What are some of you other interests?
-Video games are the biggest draw for me and often occupy my free time. I’ve played casual Magic off and on for about 15 years now; nowadays it is almost exclusively EDH. I have a fair number of heroclix but only play on rare occasions. I love to craft stories but I rarely am motivated to write them down. It will likely be years before I ever finish my DnD campaign.

Do you have any pets?
-Yes I have an Orange Baboon Tarantula, a couple cockroaches, a few stickbugs and a playful cat named Mufasa

What is your favorite band?
-If I had to pick one it would be The Presidents of the United States of America, I always smile when one of their songs starts playing.

Harkus959
Shas'Saal

Re: Talo

Post#2 » Nov 10 2017 03:58

Hey man, welcome to the ATT orbital, and welcome to the hobby.

If you're into the fluff, be sure to check out the library forum here on the site, there's loads of great stuff there. I'm sure you'll be able to put that creativity and fluff to good use in creating backstory for your army and some truly epic campaigns.

So welcome, and I hope you enjoy yourself here on ATT and in the hobby in general.

namegiver
Shas

Post#3 » Nov 10 2017 04:43

Talo wrote:What is your favorite band?
-If I had to pick one it would be The Presidents of the United States of America, I always smile when one of their songs starts playing.

Heh, that's awesome. When I want to get under my wife's skin, I start singing "Peaches" and it drives her bonkers. Love 'em.

dethclau
Shas

Post#4 » Nov 11 2017 02:56

Hey welcome, I lurked as well. I found the Tau aesthetics really cool as well.

Return to “Membership Profiles”