IceFall - Soon i'll upload my Army

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
IceFall
Shas

IceFall - Soon i'll upload my Army

Post#1 » Nov 16 2017 01:50

Real first name:
-James

Age and gender:
-Late Twenties, Male

-Finance

How did you get into wargaming?
-I don’t actually game – just the collecting and painting for me.

How did you get into Tau?
- When I was young I bought some Tau pretty much when they came out. I never played and promptly butchered them with thick turquoise blue paint.

Fast forward 15+ years and I wandered into a GW shop earlier this year on a whim and thought ‘well I can afford this nowadays’. Now a quick set of calculations tells me I am at around 13,000 points before I buy some big flyers.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
-Buy hundreds of magnets for weapons and arms etc: I can make every possible iteration of a given model; It makes sense for re-sale value; It is easier to store / transport magnetised models.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
-French Blue up to Electric blue (Vallejo AIR) on any given armour plate (gradient) with Retributor Armour Gold and Wolf Grey here and there. My boys come from an Ice world – or would if they had a back story.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Googled ‘TAU forum’ looking for ideas for colours to paint my army. Been 'lurking' for a few months.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
I can remember it. My army is blue.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes.

Where and how often do you usually play?
I don’t, given my working hours I would have to do this on weekends. Weekends are the only times I can really indulge my other hobbies.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
I basically bought an entire Space Wolf army so I could cut them up and use them as parts e.g. drape cut up wolves over Riptides (and keep armour warm?!). I never did that because it turns out I like my army to be clean. Pro move.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Not applicable.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Bad: Totalling up how much it all cost. I spent by any measure a very large amount for something which serves no real practical purpose or gets the heart racing. It’s not a pair of crampons which will get you up some icy waterfall, you know.

Good: when I finished painting the KX-139. There is still a little detail work to do but it looks the mutts.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Somehow seems to be a hit with the ladies which was a surprise.

What are some of you other interests?
Ice Climbing (helped inspire my army theme) and every other kind of [rock] climbing, gymnastics (rings and calisthenics… not so much the flipping stuff).

Most of my hobbies are just there to break my fingers and tear my tendons. When I get injured then this is a perfect PARTY FOR ONE indoor hobby.

Do you have any pets?
I live in Central London and don’t keep decent or in any way predictable hours. I couldn’t even keep a fish alive right now.

What is your favourite band?
This week, Yelawolf. Try Till It’s Gone, Daylight, Sam Trocki & Yelawolf – Louder, etc.
Last edited by IceFall on Nov 16 2017 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

IceFall
Shas

Re: IceFall - Soon i'll upload my Army

Post#2 » Nov 16 2017 02:03

Here is my colour scheme to serve as preview ...

https://imgur.com/a/4cKoy
My Project Log and Army: viewtopic.php?t=26860

Lostroninsoul
Shas'Saal

Re: IceFall - Soon i'll upload my Army

Post#3 » Nov 17 2017 05:18

Your color scheme is freaking sweet

Return to “Membership Profiles”