Commander Deffblade

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Commander Deffblade
Shas

Commander Deffblade

Post#1 » Nov 29 2017 04:05

Real first name: David

Age and gender: 35 and Male

How did you get into wargaming? I started playing Battletech while I was a cadet at USAFA and continued with just that game until 2014 when I finally bought my first 40k set. It was a Tau starter box with Crisis and Stealth suits along with a Piranha and Fire Warrior team.

How did you get into Tau? I had been painting Battlemechs for a long time and the Crisis suits looked fun to paint so I really got into the Tau faction based on the models. I had no experience or knowledge about the faction lore or the 40k universe prior to buying the starter set. I was just interested in trying to paint something new.

What is your Tau colour scheme? My miniatures are currently painted in T'au Sept colors.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I joined today. I've been aware of this site for a few years. I discovered the sight while perusing for conversion examples.

What are the origins of your ATT username? This is the name of my army's commander. I'll post pictures later, but her story is that she carries around a sword/blade made from an ork Deffcopter helicopter blade.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes

Where and how often do you usually play? I play one or twice a month with a group that frequents a local game store.

namegiver
Shas

Re: Commander Deffblade

Post#2 » Nov 29 2017 07:57

Heya, welcome -- I love the concept of your Commander, both the name and the reason. Really looking forward to seeing pics... Tau and Orks are my current fav armies, so the crossover is irresistible!

This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined.
namegiver's Shi'ar Sept Project Log

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Post#3 » Nov 29 2017 08:20

Thanks. Once my probationary 48 hour period is over I'll try and post a photo

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Nov 29 2017 08:45

Commander Deffblade - welcome to the A.T.T. Orbital :nice:

Your name translated in Tau'sia would be Kunas'nan or if you prefer Kunas'r'nan. The difference being the second translation could be read as Deff Longblade; otherwise they're the same.

TauMan
PS I'm the Lexicon guy. ;)
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Post#5 » Nov 30 2017 11:18

Thanks TauMan. Where can I learn more about the Tau language?

Also, what is the translation for "Angel of Sa'cea"?

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#6 » Nov 30 2017 11:58

You can find out more about Tau language, culture and other lore-related aspects in our background subforum, the Library, along with a range of Tau fiction.

The two main threads on Tau language are the Living Tau Lexicon, found here, and Tauman's Expanded Tau Lexicon, found here.

Welcome to ATT. :)
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Post#7 » Dec 08 2017 11:41

Here's early work on my Commander

Last edited by Commander Deffblade on Dec 08 2017 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Dec 08 2017 12:37

Commande Deffblade
Your photo is showing up because your tags are wrong. Instead of [image][/image], they should be [img][/img]

TauMan

PS I was able to drop the photo address into the address bar and view your photo. Way cool! ;) What did you use for the sword?
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Post#9 » Dec 08 2017 01:14

Here is a better view of the Deffcopta blade. It's from a model helicopter

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Post#10 » Dec 11 2017 08:35

Return to “Membership Profiles”