Kelandis

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Kelandis
Shas'Saal

Kelandis

Post#1 » Dec 13 2017 05:44

Hello all!

Real first name: Sean

Age and gender: 21 and Male

How did you get into wargaming?
So, I've never actually played wargaming before recently, but ive been a tabletop rpg player for yeeeaars. I learned about the Battletech franchise in 2013 and I've always been a mecha fan(grew up on Gundam Wing). So, I've recently started working at a FLGS and am around Warhammer a lot. In addition my older brother picked it up about a month ago so thats why I've gotten into Warhammer 40k.

How did you get into Tau?
The same reason anyone else? Because they are the nicest people in the galaxy with the most technologically advanced mechs of course! That and I don't like the aesthetics of any of the other factions, especially Space Marines.

What is your Tau colour scheme? I've only recently gotten my army, last friday to be precise, and I haven't started painting yet. But I think I'm going to go with something along the lines of a medium-dark blue with bronze for the sept color. This will look great on commanders with the inverse color patterns I think!

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I just found the site through google and made my account last night.

What are the origins of your ATT username? So it actually comes from WoW's random name generator! I just really liked it and have used it ever since.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes I have.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I don't have enough experience here, just 4 games against my brother's Space Marines (1st black templar at 1k points was my learning game. Came out to a draw. The last 3 were all stomps on me versus Salamanders.)

Do you have any pets? Yes I have a great 4 year old Australian Cattledog/German Shepherd mix.

What is your favourite band? The Killers

Also, I'm going to start up a cadre building thread once the 48 hours are over and start working on lists, strategies and tactics there, but I'll also add in a spoiler here of what units I have access to in my army. TL;DR is a lot of suits, some infantry, zero vehicles and 40ish drones.

Spoiler!
HQ
Crisis Commanderx1
Cadre Fireblade x1
Ethereal x1

Troops
Fire Warriors x17
Kroot x10

Elites
Crisis Suits x10
Stealth Suits x10
Ghostkeel x1
Riptide x3

Fast Attack
Pathfinders x10
Piranha x1
Kroot Hounds x1

Heavy Support
Broadside x1
OOP Broadsides x9

Lords of War

Stormsurge x1

Drones
Recon Drone x1
Stealth Drones x2
Assorted Tacs x40ish (unknown count, i think its something like 10 gun drones, 12 marker drones, and a lot of shield drones)
Also unfinished drones in sprues, sorry my count here is a bit odd.

Alright, I suppose that's everything that needs to be said so once again Hello All! :D

Commander Deffblade
Shas

Re: Kelandis

Post#2 » Dec 13 2017 06:30

Another Battletech fan! Welcome.

Kelandis
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Dec 13 2017 08:05

Thanks for the welcome :)

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Dec 13 2017 09:41

Sounds like a great collection! I look forward to your list and tactics thread!

By the way, nine OOP Broadsides? Those are my favorite models in 40k. Right now they're pretty poor models rules-wise, but they're beautiful models.

Kelandis
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Dec 13 2017 10:12

Arka0415 wrote:Sounds like a great collection! I look forward to your list and tactics thread!

By the way, nine OOP Broadsides? Those are my favorite models in 40k. Right now they're pretty poor models rules-wise, but they're beautiful models.

Thanks I look forward to your tactical advice! And yeah, I got them in a fantastic Ebay lot which I got almost all of my army in. The cool thing is that they're all metal too im p sure, and the former owner attached metal beads to the bases so they stay upright and don't fall over! :D My favourite model is the Ghostkeel, it just looks so awesome to me.

EDIT: The Ethereal and the Kroot Hound are also metal.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#6 » Dec 13 2017 10:57

Kelandis wrote:Thnaks I look forward to your tactical advice! And yeah, I got them in a fantastic Ebay lot which I got almost all of my army in. The cool thing is that they're all metal too im p sure, and the former owner attached metal beads to the bases so they stay upright and don't fall over! :D My favourite model is the Ghostkeel, it just looks so awesome to me.

EDIT: The Ethereal and the Kroot Hound are also metal.

Yeah, the old Broadsides were a plastic chassis with metal guns, arms, feet, and backpack covers. Heavy models. Back in 5th Edition they had to roll for their movement distance, to represent their slow, lumbering gait, and somehow the heaviness of the model made that feel a little more realistic!

With so many XV8s and Stealthsuits, I assume you'll want to run an all-battlesuit army or something like that? And by the way, are the suits magnetized?

Kelandis
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Dec 13 2017 11:02

a lot of the suits are magnetized fortunately! The stealthsuits are not, but I don't think thats a huge deal. A couple don't have weapons attached yet so I can pretty easily magnetize them should I feel the need to. The main issue I have in regards to most of the larger suits, is that they don't have any weapons attached. I really need to just spend an evening and look through all the boxes and containers and take stock of what guns I do have. Unfortunately I doubt I have any CIBs, which so far i really like using on the crisis suits, but I still have to look into it all. I'm taking it slow and trying not to get overwhelmed xD

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#8 » Dec 14 2017 01:59

Kelandis wrote:a lot of the suits are magnetized fortunately! The stealthsuits are not, but I don't think thats a huge deal.

That's not a worry at all. 90% of the time Stealthsuits will carry Burst Cannons, which I'm sure they already have, and maybe one will carry a Fusion Blaster. Since you have 10 Stealthsuits, I'm sure at least one has a Fusion Blaster?

Kelandis wrote:he main issue I have in regards to most of the larger suits, is that they don't have any weapons attached. I really need to just spend an evening and look through all the boxes and containers and take stock of what guns I do have.

No weapons attached in that those guns are entirely missing, or that they simply haven't been stuck on yet?

Kelandis wrote:Unfortunately I doubt I have any CIBs, which so far i really like using on the crisis suits, but I still have to look into it all.

If you're looking for a nice 3rd-party alternative to the CIB, may I suggest Red Dog Miniatures?

http://www.reddogminis.com/catalog/item ... 338245.htm

Kelandis wrote:I'm taking it slow and trying not to get overwhelmed xD

Take your time! Modeling is all about patience after all. :biggrin:

Kelandis
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Dec 14 2017 02:38

Arka0415 wrote:
Kelandis wrote:a lot of the suits are magnetized fortunately! The stealthsuits are not, but I don't think thats a huge deal.

That's not a worry at all. 90% of the time Stealthsuits will carry Burst Cannons, which I'm sure they already have, and maybe one will carry a Fusion Blaster. Since you have 10 Stealthsuits, I'm sure at least one has a Fusion Blaster

At least 2 models have fusion Blasters so it's no worries there :)

Arka0415 wrote:
Kelandis wrote:he main issue I have in regards to most of the larger suits, is that they don't have any weapons attached. I really need to just spend an evening and look through all the boxes and containers and take stock of what guns I do have.

No weapons attached in that those guns are entirely missing, or that they simply haven't been stuck on yet?

The weapons are unattached. Four of my crisis suits I purchased without weaponry, the other 6 came in the Ebay lot with sprues and weapons. The seller stated he kept all the parts so I just need to go looking for them.

Arka0415 wrote:If you're looking for a nice 3rd-party alternative to the CIB, may I suggest Red Dog Miniatures?

http://www.reddogminis.com/catalog/item ... 338245.htm

I've stumbled into those before I even purchased my army since I've been reading on ATT for at least 2 weeks, maybe 3. I was just hoping perhaps there was a cheaper option xD

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#10 » Dec 14 2017 03:39

Kelandis wrote:At least 2 models have fusion Blasters so it's no worries there :)

Great start then!

Kelandis wrote:I've stumbled into those before I even purchased my army since I've been reading on ATT for at least 2 weeks, maybe 3. I was just hoping perhaps there was a cheaper option xD

Yeah, they're a little pricey, but they're the best option I think. The only real alternative is to go hunting on eBay for months and months... and CIBs don't come cheap online, since they're only available in the Commander boxed set.

K'Pokk
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Dec 14 2017 07:26

You've a mad amount of battlesuits. Love it! :P

bl4ckc00k1e
Shas'Saal

Post#12 » Dec 14 2017 07:39

Welcome Dude!!

Kelandis
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Dec 14 2017 12:47

Thanks for more welcomes! And yeah I do have a lot of battlesuits but at the moment that's not so great a thing due to price xD! I think I need some more fire warriors minimum.

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Dec 14 2017 02:28

K'Pokk wrote:You've a mad amount of battlesuits. Love it! :P

I'm currently at 21 crisis suits, 3 riptides, 1 stormsurge, 6 metal and 6 plastic stealth suits, 4 OOP broadsides and 6 new ones, 2 commanders, shadowsun, and old farsight as far as suits go. Waiting to see if Farsight gets some love in the codex and I'll buy the new one. But I don't think that's a MAD amount. Ok, so maybe a few too many crisis...

Kelandis
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Dec 14 2017 02:32

Yojimbob wrote:

I'm currently at 21 crisis suits, 3 riptides, 1 stormsurge, 6 metal and 6 plastic stealth suits, 4 OOP broadsides and 6 new ones, 2 commanders, shadowsun, and old farsight as far as suits go. Waiting to see if Farsight gets some love in the codex and I'll buy the new one. But I don't think that's a MAD amount. Ok, so maybe a few too many crisis...

That is definitely a mad amount of crisis suits xD. So with my broadsides, theres 1 or 2 of the OOP ones with magnetized arms, but they all have fixed shoulder mounted rail rifles and arm mounted missiles. The 1 newer broadside I have is a missileside though unfortunately xD

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#16 » Dec 14 2017 06:19

Yojimbob wrote:

Are those all painted? I'd love to see a group shot!

Yojimbob
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Dec 15 2017 09:01

Arka0415 wrote:
Yojimbob wrote:

Are those all painted? I'd love to see a group shot!

DEFINITELY not painted. I have painters block for sure. My army has always been fairly large and I just can't get myself to paint it all yet. I have something like 20 pathfinders, 90 firewarriors, 20 kroot, 10 hounds, a krootox and I just can't get myself to paint that much infantry AND that many suits. Plus I have another 6 hammerhead/skyray/devilfish, 4 piranhas, and now a ghostkeel. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me want to vomit.

Return to “Membership Profiles”