Martensite

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Martensite
Shas

Martensite

Post#1 » Dec 25 2017 06:20

Real first name: Tim

Age and gender: 27, male

How did you get into wargaming?
Started collecting Fantasy and 40k with my friends when we were about 13 years old. Didn't really play until we were 16-17. Then dropped it for a few years but started again sometime during my university studies when I found other people who had old models laying around.

How did you get into Tau?
My friends were like: "These guys look cool, they have battlesuits." - And I was like: "Ok." :D

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau players?
The dice always betray you, bring more guns.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Good ol' T'au sept, brown/tan for armor, white sept markings, dark brown for undersuit and some dark red-ish brown for individual markings on larger models.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Can't remember, probably Google. :D I've been a member for a while, but I enjoy lurking.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It's a microstructural phase in steel. I studied materials science at university and now I work in the steel industry... so... yeah.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes.

Where and how often do you usually play?
At the moment only with friends a couple of times a year. Usually we get together for a weekend and play 3-5 games and drink some beer.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Nope, sold my old High Elvis years ago. I've been thinking about starting another 40k army. But I can't decide which one.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Hmm, I usually have fun and balanced games against my friends Black Templars in 8th.
Worst I guess is Necrons - that reanimation stuff is really annoying.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best: A small 500p game in 6th or 7th. 3 stealthsuits with burst cannons outflanking behind my friends Leman Russ and blew it up in one turn of shooting. That juicy rear armor. :evil:
Worst: Back in 4th when Emperor's Champion wiped half my gunline solo with sweeping advances and consolidation moves.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
They don't seem to bother too much.

What are some of you other interests?
Gaming, Cooking, Alpine skiing and Airsoft.

Do you have any pets?
Nope, parents have dogs and a cat though.

What is your favourite band?
Springsteen or Queen, can't decide.
A roll of 4+ fails 75% of the time... every time.

Return to “Membership Profiles”