BFT9000

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
BFT9000
Shas

BFT9000

Post#1 » Jan 07 2018 01:30

Real first name: Anthony

Age and gender: 29, Male

How did you get into wargaming? First saw 40k at a game store when I was a young teen. Didn't know much about except I couldn't afford it. In 2012, I noticed 40k being played at a local game store where I played MTG. Hung around watching games here and there, and eventually I decided to start an army.

How did you get into Tau? I spent a good few weeks looking through the lore and play styles of several all the different armies. In eventually narrowed it down between 3 of the factions: Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle, and Tau. Grey Knights were first to go since I heard that they were currently overpowered. I'm not a fan of curbstomping opponents so I cut them. I then learned that Sisters of Battle were not well supported. I didn't like the idea of playing an army that doesn't get much treatment every now and then (I'm still hoping for Sisters getting some updates). That left me with Tau who I liked the idea of having really powerful guns and awesome battlesuits flying around the field. Once I settled on Tau, I sold my entire Yu-Gi-Oh card collection for store credit and bought myself the rulebook, Tau Codex, glue, paint, tools, carrying case, and of course the Tau Battleforce. Almost 6 years later and a giant to do pile in the corner I have no regrets choosing T'au.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Magnetize everything you can. You will save a ton of money in the long run for minimal additional work, and you'll have more gear options to try out as you learn the army and your preferences with it.

What is your Tau colour scheme? I use a dark red primary color with a dark green secondary color. Areas I leave black I've started dry brushing with a silver. "Bolts" (don't know if there is an actual name) I paint gold.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? This site has always come up on searches, and is often referenced in other online forums. I just joined this site today.

What are the origins of your ATT username? It's a screen name I've used since late 2006/early 2007. The initials are a mystery to all but a select few.

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? Yes I have.

Where and how often do you usually play? I play at a local game store in central Massachusetts. I try to play a couple times a month or 2. Really depends on what my work schedule is like.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I have the start of a Space Marine army for 40k. I have a T'au team for Shadow War along with Night Lords just needing to be built and painted. Other than that, I have a couple of crews for the Batman Miniatures Game.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I hadn't been playing for very long (thank you work schedule) before 8th edition came out. I've mostly enjoyed playing any army so far, but the only ones I don't like are psyker heavy armies. With no psyker defense currently available to T'au (I want my talisman back), The psychic phase were I typically pack up a good chunk of my army.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? My best 40k moment is when one of my crisis suits defeated a charging Space Marine captain in cqc. My opponent was very salty. My worst moment was during the first week of the Konor campaign. I had just finished painting 4 drone sentry turrets in preparation for the campaign and I was super excited to use them in a game. Opponent got first turn and destroyed 3 of the 4 during the psychic phase. :::(

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My parents think it's stupid like my other hobbies and my sister thinks it's ok. I've actually managed to get 5 of my friends into the game to various degrees.

What are some of you other interests? I like video game and board games. I also enjoy fishing, shooting, and mountain biking.

Do you have any pets?
No.

What is your favourite band? I don't have a favorite band. There is so much great music out there, and my preferences always change depending on my mood.

Return to “Membership Profiles”