Sm'eik for the Greather Good! :)

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Smeik
Shas

Sm'eik for the Greather Good! :)

Post#1 » Jan 12 2018 07:15

Real first name:
Max Gloogla

Age and gender:
27, male

Logistics Manager in the Automotive Sector

How did you get into wargaming?
Age 12; when i walked by the local GW and saw the cool painted Minis in the Window I got interested, but couldn't afford the minis/paint. Month went by, went camping to Spain with my Family, Neighbour at the Campinglot was Painting Minis in Front of his Camper xD Got very excited. When he noticed how much i wanted to get into the hobby he gave me some of his old High Elves. (like 5 Spearmen) I painted them up with this horrible Revell Color. xD Addicted till then, but with big brakes in between.

How did you get into Tau?
At first i was only into Fantasy, 40k seemed very dark and Gory. Played the Elves till first big break at age 16. Found my Minis 2 Years later, not interested in Fantasy anymore --> started collecting/playing 40k Orcs for 3 Years. Second big break --> Always loved the Whole Mecha thing (Ghost in the Shell, Mechwarrior, Gundam, Escaflowne... Scifi in General)
Got back into 40k last November. Not being held back by budget problems anymore but still not agreeing to pay the amount of money GW wants me to, i got some kind of addicted to finding cheap ebay deals. So here i am sitting on about 5k Points of T'au which i acquired for about a quarter of GW prices, painting, stripping and remodelling my cheap ebay minis :D

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
1. try out ebay :D
2. Use the nice Armybuilder Tools like Onlinecodex (it's in german though), Battlescribe or the nice Excel sheet from a nice fella of this Forum
3. Play a lot of small Games in your first Months into the Hobby
4. BATCHPAINTING
5. Always prime Black , Spray paint white over it for nice/easy Shadows on your Minis and nice coverage

What is your Tau colour scheme?
i will add pictures in the next Week

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
was googling around for tactical advise. Have been a silent Member for 2 month or so? finally got the spare time to write some Words about me and my list :)

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It's a character in the Novel Universe of Walther Moers's stories about the Continent "Zamonia"

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
for sure!

Where and how often do you usually play?
about once every two Weeks right now... planning on adding in some smaller games more often

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Orcs! (which are a side project atm)

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
my last match against Necrons was pretty devastating... :/

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
best: the feeling when i completed building/painting my first playable Army.
worst: when i dropped my scratch build Morkanaut and it shattered into one million pieces xD

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
that i'm the most childish grown up they know... ;)
You win in battles with the timing in the Void born of the timing of cunning by knowing the enemies' timing - Musashi

Return to “Membership Profiles”