From a little place I like to call Taucastle

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Wilson1989
Shas

From a little place I like to call Taucastle

Post#1 » Jan 19 2018 05:20

Hi there guys and girls, I've been a long time member of this forum (mainly posting in the background - not even sure how long I have had this profile to be honest) but never really got around to posting about myself. So without further adieu...

Real first name: Chris

Age and gender: 28

How did you get into wargaming? Was walking past Games Workshop 1 day went in with my Dad and it went from there.

How did you get into Tau? I first heard about the Tau the 1st time I went into Games Workshop. Needless to say I was drawn to them immediately. I mean what kind of 11 year old doesn't love Battlesuits?

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Just play nice, this is a game, it should be fun and enjoyable

What is your Tau colour scheme? Red for the main armour, black for cloth... I have not yet finalised on a Sept colour

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Google (its a wonderful thing)... if I'm guessing I'd say 2 years but honestly I am not 100% sure.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Honestly I'm lame and went with my surname and the year I was born... :roll:

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules? I'm half way through, I needed to take a break... But I promise I will finish

Where and how often do you usually play? Mainly at home or my friends house

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Yeah I have Eldar but i rarely play them I like their models more than their play style (especially in 7th edition)

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I don't have a least favourite army to play against. I'm more into the fun side of the game so I'll take any challenge on... But if I had to pick armies, I'd say Dark Eldar are my favourite to fight against because I think they look cool and my least favourite are Space Marines (they totally don't deserve all the love they game)

What is your best and worst 40K moment? My best moment, after nearly 18 years I have had so much fun, I couldn't possibly pick a best there's too many to chose from. My worst moment... this is easy, about a year ago when my dog decided that one of my first Crisis battlesuits was a chew toy!! I was gutted. That suit and I have been through a lot together.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife thinks I am a total geek, nerd, freak and child... but we all have our flaws. Nevertheless she loves me anyways :)

What are some of you other interests? I play guitar and being from Newcastle I love football (that's proper European football) - COME ON THE TOON!!!

Do you have any pets? 1 dog called Toby... He's about the height of a riptide but way more destructive!! I need to tell Games Workshop about him so he's hit with the nerf bat :P

What is your favourite band? at the moment, although this could change tomorrow... Linkin Park (RIP Chester)

If you guys want to chat more or get to know me just get in touch,
Cheerio for now,
Chris

Arka0415
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Re: From a little place I like to call Taucastle

Post#2 » Jan 19 2018 07:00

Welcome to ATT!

Wilson1989 wrote:What is your best and worst 40K moment? My best moment, after nearly 18 years I have had so much fun, I couldn't possibly pick a best there's too many to chose from. My worst moment... this is easy, about a year ago when my dog decided that one of my first Crisis battlesuits was a chew toy!! I was gutted. That suit and I have been through a lot together.

Wow, that's terrible. Do you still have the battlesuit? It might make a nice terrain piece or something. :neutral:

Wilson1989
Shas

Post#3 » Jan 20 2018 03:28

Thank you for the welcome Arka.

Unfortunately not, there wasn’t an lot left to make a substantial terrain piece. Unfortunately that suit had to go the way of the bin.

PeeJ
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#4 » Jan 20 2018 10:18

Welcome to the party pal!

I'm from Middlesbrough myself, but I work in Newcastle, for an engineering company as it happens!

Wilson1989
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 20 2018 03:56

PeeJ wrote:Welcome to the party pal!

I'm from Middlesbrough myself, but I work in Newcastle, for an engineering company as it happens!

@PeeJ, thank you, who is it you work for?
Who that must be a canny commute especially with how bad the tyne tunnel or the bridge can be!!

Return to “Membership Profiles”