Sunbreak signing on

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Sunbreak
Shas

Sunbreak signing on

Post#1 » Jan 20 2018 11:17

Age and gender: 26, male

Occupation: Post-doctoral research fellow in next generation PV and characterisation (that’s the short version)

How did you get into wargaming?
Saw some fantasy battles in year 7 at school. Was an experienced player in the old days of WHFB, with large Bretonnia, Wood Elves and High Elves prior to the 8th Edition, which ruined it for me. I’m very fond of conversions and had some fantasic Lustria themed Brets (knights errant on cold ones and such). Used to compete regularly in the English Schools League. Thought now I’m finishing my doctorate I’d get back into the hobby…. And found they’d killed fantasy.

How did you get into Tau?
In terms of experience, I’ve never played a 40K battle. They killed fantasy so thought I’d give 40K a try. And Tau are awesome.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
What happens if a planet had it’s surface based primarily of copper as opposed to Silicon? That pretty much describes my scheme. As such it’ll be greens (Malachite) and reds (cuprite) primarily, with some blue (azurite) for sept markings.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
Google, been lurking around for a few weeks.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
I can’t remember, Sunbreak has been a characters username for a while, just like the imagery. Spark of hope on a cloudy day

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes.

The intro:
Hey all,
Completely new 40k player. Lots of experience of modelling but I’ve had a 8 year break whilst getting my degree and doctorate. I’ve managed to pick up a Start Collecting box and the Rapid Insertion Force initially, so I can probably be running around 1500 points with only a few new models. (Only cost me £130 for both so really chuffed)
If anyone has any advice on making lists out of these I’d love the advice.
Was planning on customising and hand making a load of drones (and sniper drones) to fill the units and points. I’ve already made a custom Fireblade (as I really hate their model). Planning on basing the models around a copper surfaced planet. As such it’ll be greens (Malachite) and reds (cuprite) primarily, with some blue (azurite) for sept markings.
I’m based in Swansea, South Wales so if there are any good clubs and stuff over that area hit me up.
--Sunbreak

Return to “Membership Profiles”