RoboBonobo. Not much of a T'au name I admit...

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
RoboBonobo
Shas

RoboBonobo. Not much of a T'au name I admit...

Post#1 » Feb 07 2018 12:55

Real first name:
Curtis

Age and gender:
34, M (the twilight of my life)

Military Police Soldier :fear:

How did you get into wargaming?
A 'natural progression' of being a general nerd seeking minis to use in D&D/Pathfinder RPG.

How did you get into Tau?
Oddly enough I stumbled into 2 boxes of fire warriors for $1.99 each at a Goodwill. After doing some Googling and having my Robotech/Mechwarrior memories tickled I was hooked. This was in 2014. I have been slowly spiralling out of control with my collecting of models.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
As a new player myself :nice: it would be don't be afraid to re-read those freakin' rules 3 or 4 more times...

What is your Tau colour scheme?
GW Sprue Grey. In both the older slightly creamy grey and the newer current lifeless slate grey.
Ultimately I am aiming for a ceramic/brick red armor over khakis uniforms for my Firewarriors, something similar but muted with camouflage for my Pathfinders, and the same base colors with white accent and black panel lines for my suits/vehicles. Oh and the off-grey of old chicken for the skin of my Kroot Kontingent.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
The Google. Always with the Google. More than a few inspiring pictures of conversions, minis, even whole armies to be found. That drew me in. Plenty of theory craft, tactics, and list building sealed the deal. Member as of yesterday.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
The most recent season (2017) for MST3K (if you don't know you can't afford it) had a one-off throwaway joke whith various animals/disaster mashup ideas in the spirit of Sharknado... I loved it. :)

Have you reviewed the ATT Membership & Forum Rules?
Yes. In doing so I was led to making this post actually.

Where and how often do you usually play?
Where: my living room. How Often: Once. Ever. In 7th ed... as Orks :?

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
3500 points of Orks (80%)
2750 points of Dark Eldar (80%)
3000 points of Craft World Footdar (95%)
2500 points of 100% counts-as Imperial Guard converions (infantry 100%, vehicles 20%)
2500 points Crimson Fists (80%)
2000 points Space Marines (insert generic chapter... probably Black Templar or White Scars)
500 points actual Imperial Guard (100%)
500 points Gemnestealer Cults (90%)
3 interesting Chaos Space Marine character models
Old Necromunda Goliaths (90's style plastics) (100%)
And about 40 other Necromunda or counts-as Necromunda gangers
***Percentages are estimated forces completed through assembly and modeling. Nothing is painted.***

My Tau are probably 90% and 2500 points. They are my first army up in the paint booth. The last mini I painted was Hero Quest monsters (with Testors enamel paint :( ) in 1999. We shall see how those 'skills' have aged...

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
As I have managed 1 whole game in 3+ years of collecting vs. Ad Mech I would say... Ad Mech. (Not an objective answer by any means)

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best: the find that got me started! (also included a DE battleforce 2011 style for $3.99!)
Worst: Moving. Oh sweet greater good... so much expensive plastic/pewter/resin to pack... :::(

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
My wife... disapproves. Let us never speak of this again :dead:

What are some of you other interests?
For all of my nerdery I really love to fish. Fresh water. Saltwater. River, lake, ocean. Shore, wading, canoe... basically if it will take a fly/bait/hook I'm game! Also I collect firearms with the same reckless abandon as I do WH40k minis. :neutral:

Do you have any pets?
A beagle named Snoopy (originality 10/10!)
A cat name Cat Meats (don't ask)
And a 30 gal fresh water aquarium of mostly shrimp with a fatty sausage sized bright orange loach named Cheeto.

What is your favourite band?
Tool. Sadly they release an album as often as I paint a mini...

TL;DR: I am a new guy with more minis than I know what to do with and high hopes of painting my first (of many?) army for the greater good... Also I laid down a wall of text with better cover saves than a Tidewall Shieldline for my intro.

Return to “Membership Profiles”