Fio El's Workshop

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Fio El's Workshop
Fio

Fio El's Workshop

Post#1 » Mar 10 2006 06:59

Real first name: Matt

Age and gender: 29 Male

Nationality: Australian

Location: Currently Alford Forest, NZ... I tend to get itchy feet and move about a lot.

Occupation: Currently working in a factory cleaning seeds, but I am also an internationally trained professional chef, a qualified ski and snowboard technician, halfway through a computer engineering degree, a bartender, and a forklift driver.

How did you get into wargaming? Started out with D&D, progressed to TMNT and Rifts RPGs, then discovered a White Dwarf magazine and never looked back.

How did you get into Tau? I loved the crisis suits and started an army straight away. However....

What are the origins of your ATT username? Just after painting my second crisis suit I was offered a head chef position in Tokyo and had to pack up my cadre and leave it with my brother. Since then I haven't had the time or the opponents to play, and have only just begun to get back into the hobby - mainly fluff and converting a piece at a time, hence the Fio...

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? definitely read the posts on this site - you guys are amazing!

What is your Tau colour scheme? Experimenting with many. My favourite so far is black (under) and white (armour) with green and brown camo inserts and red markings.

Where and how often to you usually play? I live on a farm and work six days a week...umm, never?

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Used to have Orks (40K and WH) but then I discovered the greater good (and RAILGUNS!)

What is your worst 40K moment? Giving up the hobby for so long.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? Boys and their toys...

What are some of you other interests? Snowboarding, sleeping and the Simpsons.

Do you have any pets? Jack Russel Terrier called "Roxy"

Senexis
Shas

:eek:

Post#2 » Mar 10 2006 07:25

:-?
:-(

P'Shar's Rifles
Kor'O

Fio

Post#3 » Mar 10 2006 12:11

Welcome, welcome! If you haven't already, snoop around for posts from Shas'El Tael. If your primary Tau activity right now is modelling and painting, you'll find his advice and the photos on his site truly inspiring.

Post#4 » Mar 10 2006 09:08

Cheers P'Shar, but i'm way ahead of you! A lot of Tael's conversion tips were tried and tested by me well before I found this, his or the old sites!!

Of course this does not mean I am claiming to have invented them first or anything.... I have no evidence to support me in any case!! ;)

But I must say that Tael has done a phenominal job putting them it such a user friendly and graphically detailed format, and his paintwork makes it look like I'm using grandma's undies and housepaint on my models!!

P'Shar's Rifles
Kor'O

Perfect.

Post#5 » Mar 10 2006 11:25

I couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly how his paint work makes me feel. Undies, House Paint, etc. Well put. :)

Return to “Membership Profiles”