Senexis

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Fio El's Workshop
Fio

Senexis

Post#1 » Mar 10 2006 08:04

Real first name: Andrew
Age and gender: 42 Male
Nationality: Australian

How did you get into wargaming? When I was very young, I discovered a set of Modern Infantry rules my father had written (no, really). So from that age it was always in the depths of my subconsciousness to find wargaming. And then one day Space Hulk came along....

How did you get into Tau? They blew me away immediately. They look amazing and play very differently to other armies. The greater good is also a very fresh concept for GW.

What are the origins of your ATT username? It's not very Tau - it's the Latin translation of my surname, which came about back when I was working at GW in 97-98. This was before Logons AND passwords, so your logon was your security (thus no real names).

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Definitely ATT. I've only been here a couple of days and I can feel not only my Tau mind, but my overall 40k mind expanding by the minute...

What is your Tau colour scheme? My Tau are based on a world that orbits a White Dwarf star. This gives me the artistic licence to bleed the "yellow light" of our sun out of the colour equation. Thus, instead of a world of greens and browns, it's a world of blues and reds. Being a dwarf it's also a dim light, so the colour scheme is a mix of reds and blues in a camouflage pattern over a black basecoat.

Where and how often to you usually play? I'm married and I have two sons and a fairly demanding job, so I get in my 8 games at Cancon every year, and usually another six or so in one or two hits with a good mate from Sydney who visits a couple of times a year.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Oh yeah. I ran a GW for the two years immediately following a minor financial windfall. For those who don't know, GW staff get a 50% discount. Thus I can throw together an army for any race in 40k (and about 6 in WFB). Not that I can play any of them particularly well...

What is your worst 40K moment? The first time I went to Cancon and discovered just how little I truly understood, despite having 'been playing' for longer than some of my opponents had been alive.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife would like to get 'all that sh--' out of the garage...

What are some of you other interests? I played gridiron for eight years and am a keen supporter of the Buffalo Bills. As an IT geek I'm also required by my professional guild to play insane amounts of Playstation games...

Do you have any pets? A stunningly BLUE budgie called 'Cookie'.

Fio El's Workshop
Fio

Post#2 » Mar 10 2006 08:06

This is Senexis' profile - he posted it as a reply to mine.

Senexis
Shas

Post#3 » Mar 10 2006 06:40

It was late, I got confused, I'm new here...

I saw Fio El's post in the index and thought "hey, what a cool idea" :roll:

Return to “Membership Profiles”