failedparachute

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
failedparachute
Shas

failedparachute

Post#1 » Mar 13 2006 09:04

Real First Name: Martin, Felix, Failed, d*mn sniper, coward, sniping new person, camping new person, other game related terminalogy
Age and gender: 17 Male

How did you get into wargaming?
One of my friends who, I am quite certain plays a Tau army, showed me a White Dwarf magazine that featured a Tau Devilfish, which I thought, looked bad a**, so I was hooked...no pun intended.

How did you get into Tau?
See above...

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
My advice would be find some vets and get some tips and/or come here.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
I'm thinking a white and red, or maybe black and red... I want it to look intimidating. Or possibly some crazy camo scheme, like seeing if I could make a stealth team look like the active camo from halo...oh man that would be sick...though probably hard to do in practice...duh.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I found this from a link on the games-workshop site and I've been a member for a little bit.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Long story about a paintball costume contest, but I've liked it, almost as much as I like the name Felix...Felix sounds cool...and is a major character name in a novel I'm writing, as well as a screenplay of a machinima (I'm about 3 episodes in, but I've thought out a lot more).

Where and how often to you usually play?
I haven't played once, but I can't wait to get my army. Do you think it's too early to start designing a table, cause I've been drawing up a large city (upwards 10 multistory buildings).

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
No

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Well, my new Russian friend has a EDIT: Dark Angels army, which by the sounds of it, would rip me to shreds (teleporting Termies w/dreadnought, a land raider, couple Predators, Whirlwind, and a whole bunch of other nasty crap and something about a ton of models having a 2+ armor save), but I've got other plans...wink! ;)

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Don't have one yet.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
Most of the above don't know. I've been trying to convert some of my friends who play D&D into 40k, but no luck. I do have a friend who plays the old Warhammer, but I prefer the future of 40k... I do know of two people who are geographically close to me who play, one owns the aforementioned DA and the other owns a 'nid army of which I have heard very little about.

What are some of you other interests?
I like to play paintball, and I've been debating about going into Airsoft, but I don't have a lot of cash so that's more or less a dream at the moment. I snowboard and wakeboard, both of which are fun. I blow a lot of money on video games though... I do read, mainly sci-fi and manga. I have a lot of ideas for my novel I'm working on, but getting off the ground is hard, I'm still on the first page of the Prologue, ugh. I also write some fan fiction, but I haven't posted anything in a while.

Do you have any pets?
1 cat and 1 dog...there's another cat, but she's my brother's so I didn't count it.

What is(are) your favourite band(s)?
Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Blindside, Three Days Grace, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, The Killers, Sum 41, Green Day, Switchfoot...just about anything rock/punk/alternative

Return to “Membership Profiles”