Fox of stone!

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Stonefox
Shas

Fox of stone!

Post#1 » Mar 13 2006 10:52

Just noticed this was in here. Putting it up for anyone interested.

Real first name: John Louis

Age and gender: 20, M

How did you get into wargaming? Through 40k. It's the same story as getting into the Tau for the most part. Cousin showed me his IG and marine models back in '95. Thought they were cool but gawked at the prices. (Silly me.) Friend got into Tau in '01. At the end of '03, I was thinking of a new hobby to start up. Then it hit me.

How did you get into Tau? I've always loved the Eldar since my cousin showed them to me a few years ago. Sleek lines, beautiful imagery, space elves. Tau had the futuristic look, however, and it won me over. I also love to laugh at the superficially dystopian 40k universe and anybody who claims it's somehow deeper than star wars. Thus, the Tau are the champion in that respect; they are the "ZOMGGUDGUYZIN40K!!11!" rather than the other typical lameassed "DUHGOTHREBELPUNKDISMALWAHWAHWAH" races.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Read the maths first. If you still like the Tau after figuring out they'll never win a GT, then you're good to go. Also, don't listen to anything I say in terms of tactics.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Dark green with brown jumpsuits. Crises suits are all based on robotech, gundam, or EVA patterns.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I found the old site through pure whim. Google, if I recall. I did not consider it (TotalTau) a serious site at first and only asked for advice regarding painting. Then I found out about the sister site MTT. I did not post regularly on MTT until much later, about 2-3 months before the decision to split TT into a new site.

What are the origins of your ATT username? I love Neon Genesis Evangelion. EVA is an alias I use, second to Stonefox. I've used Stonefox for a good while but it wasn't available to MSN groups. So I chose EVA. I keep it as a prefix so people know who I am.

Where and how often to you usually play? Springfield GW store, Springfield VA. Used to be once a week, or when they had a campaign perhaps 3-4 times a week. Now it's mostly twice a month, if that.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Space Marines. Yay.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Least favorite: Necrons. Favorite: Space Marines.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best. Anytime I shoot a SM character in the face with a railgun. Worst: Recent 60-man tournament, GT-style. Winner got a free ticket to this year's Baltimore GT should it be held. Game 2, GT veteran Patrick Vetter. Had rules arguments about skimmers moving fast and CC, wrecked vehicles and area terrain, and had a generally bad time. Painful.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My brothers love them though the second-oldest hates the idea of playing with them even though I know he'll succeed. He's in high school and wants to be with the cool kids, so I understand. I have nerdy friends, so they like it.

What are some of you other interests? Piano, Trumpet, Video games, drawing, D&D, Philosophizing, and not-Philosophizing. I'll never get anywhere with any of those since I concentrate on them all too much.

Do you have any pets? One, Brownie. Cocker Spaniel and Corgie mix. Looks like Ein from "Cowboy Bebop" except his ears aren't pointy.

What is your favourite band? I love Classical, Opera, Jazz, Country, Oldies, and some forms of "easy" rock. The favorite genre is Classical and any good orchestra can perform those. Thus, no one band.

Return to “Membership Profiles”