Sa'cea Mont'yr (Updated 07-19-2017)

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Sa'cea Mont'yr (Updated 07-19-2017)

Post#1 » Mar 14 2006 01:28

EDIT: See newest post at the bottom for updated info.

Real first name: Michael

Age and gender: 26/M

Occupation: Guidance and Control Systems. I make sure the sensors are talking nicely to the computers, and the computers are talking nicely to the pilots. Basically, if Doom was real pilot instead of a Marine playing with remote control toys ;), I'd be the one to make sure his gauges and dials worked. :P

How did you get into wargaming? Friend of mine dragged me into the local gameshop and said, "You're playing." I said, "Okay."

How did you get into Tau? Started out with Space Puppies, decided I didn't do well with the C/C type, and then the Tau came out, the exact opposite of what I used. Fell in love with the everything for the Greater Good, as well as the general feel of the army in general.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Never be afraid to ask questions on something, just do it respectfully.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Codex Grey Armor plates, black cloth, Fiery Orange sept markings.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Found a link to it on 40K Fight Club by TTD's name

What are the origins of your ATT username? It's the name of my Shas'o, along with one of the main characters in my 40K fan fiction.

Where and how often to you usually play? Not very often right now, as I'm still settling into the new house.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I also have a small Red Scorpions strike force that I'm working on.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite:Imperial Guard
Least Favorite: 5th ed Space Marines

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best: In one game, three broadsides took down 12 tanks in four turns (playing IG Armored Company)
Worst: Deepstriking 12 Crisis suits, only 2 without plasma or fusion less than 6 inches from five Chimeras, and hitting with everything, and never blew up a single Chimera

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? They tolerate, but can't understand why I'm so addicted. My Grandparents think it's a little kids game. I've given up trying to explain.

What are some of you other interests? Paintball, Airsoft (when I get a chance), reading all sorts of sci-fi, drifting, Dawn of War, and the occasional d20 Star Wars RPG. I'm also a big fan of the Society for Creative Anachronisms (recreating the past) and Amtgard (lighter version of the SCA with more fantasy, ie. magic involved).

Do you have any pets? I have two Alaskan Huskies, named Inara and Kaylee, after the TV show Firefly.

What is your favourite band? Lindsey Stirling
Last edited by Sa'cea Mont'yr on Jun 29 2007 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#2 » Mar 17 2007 10:43

So, here's an update. I've got orders, and I'm headed to Alaska!
========

Age and gender: 22/M

Location: Dover AFB, Delaware. Then I'm taking leave to go to Kansas City, then I'm headed up to Elmendorf AFB, Alaska. (If you know anyone up there, PLEASE tell me! :P)

Occupation: Instrument and Flight Control Systems technician.....basically I make sure the computers and instruments are talking to each other nicely.

How did you get into wargaming? Friend of mine dragged me into the local gameshop and said, "You're playing." I said, "Okay."

How did you get into Tau? Started out with Space Puppies, decided I didn't do well with the C/C type, and then the Tau came out, the exact opposite of what I used. Fell in love with the everything for the Greater Good, as well as the general feel of the army in general.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Never be afraid to ask questions on something, just do it respectfully.

What is your Tau colour scheme? It used to be a fairly decent camoflauge scheme, then I got drawn in to do cityfight colors. But now that everyone is doing the Shadow Grey cityfight scheme in one form or another, I'm trying to decide on a better scheme. Currently I'm looking at doing a black-lined Codex Grey.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Found a link to it on 40K Fight Club by TOnka's name.

What are the origins of your ATT username? It's the name of my Shas'o, along with one of the main character's in my 40K fan fiction.

Where and how often to you usually play? Depends on whether or not I'm on base. In England, I played at least once every other week, even managed to get to Warhammer World (GW world headquarters) in Nottingham a couple of times. Here in the states, I've played a lot less than I would have liked, but I should be getting in a lot of time while I'm home on leave.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Nope, used to have Space Wolves, but donated the models to be stripped and repainted as Black Templar for a friend's new army.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Favorite:Imperial Guard
Least Favorite: Ulthwe Strike Force

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Best: In one game, three broadsides took down 12 tanks in four turns (playing IG Armored Company)
Worst: Deepstriking 12 Crisis suits, only 2 without plasma or fusion less than 6 inches from five Chimeras, and hitting with everything, and never blew up a single Chimera

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? They tolerate, but can't understand why I'm so addicted. My Grandparents think it's a little kids game. I've given up trying to explain. My wife just takes it in stride, and wants to paint one green. It's how I'm going to get her hooked :evil: .

What are some of you other interests? Paintball, Airsoft (when I get a chance), reading all sorts of sci-fi, driving fast, Dawn of War, and the occasional d20 Star Wars RPG. I'm also a big fan of the Society for Creative Anachronisms (recreating the past) and Amtgard (lighter version of the SCA with more fantasy, ie. magic involved).

Do you have any pets? Bird and dog....both died while I was in England, so no.

What is your favourite band? Linkin Park, Big & Rich, Montgomery Gentry, Limp Bizkit, Godsmack, Nickleback, 3 Doors Down

Quex
Shas

Post#3 » Mar 18 2007 03:07

Can we have pictures?
It's been way too long.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#4 » Mar 18 2007 03:16

Pictures of.....?

Quex
Shas

Post#5 » Mar 18 2007 05:29

You!

Put a face behind the name.
It's been way too long.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#6 » Mar 18 2007 05:43

Quex
Shas

Post#7 » Mar 18 2007 06:56

Good enough.
It's been way too long.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: Sa'cea Mont'yr (Updated 07-23-2008)

Post#8 » Apr 11 2010 03:33

Hey, folks. Update time on the little one. Moira Jade was born on 17 January at 2000 hours exactly (8pm, for you civilian types). She is now almost three months old, and here are some of her best pics:

She has definitely inherited my eyebrow of DOOOOOOM

Best. Picture. Ever.

El'Myen
Shas

Post#9 » Apr 11 2010 04:30

It's good to have some news and definitely, your daughter is your best mini!
Especially the eyebrow of doom!
Apprentice Converter

TatteredRagDoll
Shas

Re:

Post#10 » Apr 11 2010 05:20

Sa'cea Mont'yr wrote:What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?My wife just takes it in stride, and wants to paint one green. It's how I'm going to get her hooked :evil:

So... how did that trying to get her hooked work out for you? ;)
The wifey of Sa'cea Mont'yr

Eiglepulper
Shas'O
Shas'O

Post#11 » Apr 11 2010 10:24

viewtopic.php?p=133864#p133864

Note the very last line in the linked post above ...... :crafty:

E.

Prophaniti
Shas

Post#12 » Apr 11 2010 03:30

Congratulations. I'm sure you're having a tough time with baby-stuff (directly or otherwise) so good luck. I'm assured my friends have all got through eventually.

All the best, Proph'
Nach dem spiel ist vor dem spiel

TatteredRagDoll
Shas

Post#13 » Apr 12 2010 04:38

eiglepulper wrote:http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?p=133864#p133864

Note the very last line in the linked post above ...... :crafty:

E.

I actually never got around to finishing that suit in question. :sad:

Prophaniti wrote:Congratulations. I'm sure you're having a tough time with baby-stuff (directly or otherwise) so good luck. I'm assured my friends have all got through eventually.

All the best, Proph'

Actually she's a pretty awesome baby, and generally pretty easy going. We definitely got lucky with our pip-squeak.
The wifey of Sa'cea Mont'yr

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El
Gue'El

Post#14 » Apr 12 2010 06:05

That one is really photogenic!

Best wishes for your family.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#15 » Aug 04 2010 08:50

So... update time. The OP has been updated with the new stats.

Feyblade
Shas

Post#16 » Aug 04 2010 10:18

Sad we lost ya, Alaska won't be the same with one less tau player... But anyway, hope you're enjoying your new, warmer climate!
Sincerely,
Jeff

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: Sa'cea Mont'yr (Updated 08-05-2010)

Post#17 » Jul 19 2017 04:57

So much has changed...holy crap.

Age and gender: 32/M

Occupation: I'm an Avionics Technician. I make sure the computers go "beep, boop, beep" in the correct order.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Codex Grey Armor plates, black cloth, Fiery Orange sept markings. This is soon to be updated, once I have a painting station complete. I'll know more when I can finally start painting again.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? Found a link to it on 40K Fight Club by TTD's name. It's a very old site that I don't even know if it works anymore.

What are the origins of your ATT username? It's the name of my Shas'o, along with one of the main characters in my 40K fan fiction.

Where and how often to you usually play? Not very often right now, as I'm still settling into the new house. But the girlfriend is super-interested in Necrons!

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I also have a small Red Scorpions strike force that I'm working on. As of 2017, it's got two squads of tac marines, a chapter master, a librarian, a devastator squad, vangaurd vets and....some sturmguard dressed up as Deathwatch.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
-Favorite: Used to be Imperial Guard. Now...? I just enjoy playing.
-Least Favorite: Sixth and Seventh edition Daemons.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? They tolerate, but can't understand why I'm so addicted. My Grandparents think it's a little kids game. I've given up trying to explain.

What are some of you other interests? Paintball, working on my car, planning my next computer upgrade, exploring Florida after having just moved here, and setting up my new house to be super dope.

Do you have any pets? Nope. One dog just died, and the other was given to a friend that could better care for her up in Colorado.

What is your favourite band? Hmmmm, right now, I'd have to say it's a tie between Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, and Flyleaf.

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Sa'cea Mont'yr (Updated 07-19-2017)

Post#18 » Jul 20 2017 06:53

Sa'cea Mont'yr

Okay, so you're one of the old timers as see your rank is Shas'El, and I've seen your posts over the time I've been here; but didn't know you wrote. I did a Library search to find your posted stories, but it looks like you haven't written anything for awhile. When did you last write anything?

And will there be any new fiction coming down the pike? :nice:

TauMan
PS The U.S. Army was going to send me to Alaska, but then Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, and that was the end of that.
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Return to “Membership Profiles”