A neutral shade of black.

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Shas

Post#1 » Feb 22 2006 01:40

A cautionary word of introduction: my nickname is not abreviated "NSB" but "Ansob," "Neutral" or "blackie." Any other form you chose to call me by will be ridiculed and will see you marinated in a bath of acid.

Note: calling me "the French guy," "Frenchie," "Napoleon," anything related to my nationality in a postive/neutral way or anything which is meant in jest (as in "SOB" ;)) is acceptable. Foo's!

Real first name: Alex(ander).

Age and gender: 18, M.

How did you get into wargaming?
and
How did you get into Tau?
Picked up the Tau as my first ever army back when they were originally released. I've struggled to find opponents since then, but anyway. I originally thought they were "neutral arbitrator space robots come to kick man's ass for being bad guys. Took me a year to find out those were the Necron. I've always been a fan of the dystopian view of the Tau, even if recently won over by the "Tau are good guys, oppose the zomgleetg0thd4rkn3ss of the 40k wurld!!!11!!" movement.[/i]

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
T0nka, Azra and Spooky are your gods. O-B and the other mods are Jesus Christ, though.

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Shadow Grey with Codex Grey details and Chaos Black cloth. Scab Red used to denote rank (or danger areas in the case of vehicles). Ice Blue for lenses.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
I vaguely remember someone somewhere pointing me to the tactica website, which I naturally followed to the MTT MSN boards. I was then one of the people in favour of creating these forums, so obviously ended up here.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
It's the username I have everywhere on the net (from online games to every forum I frequent to my email address). It has no meaning: it was derived as a bunch of cool names strung together, and still is. It always makes people say "zomg that's deep!" though, which is an added bonus.

Where and how often to you usually play?
Two to twenty times a year. Yes, that little.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
Not for 40k, though I plan on starting some Chaos eventually (with a nice Révolution Française theme to them).
I play Druchii (dark elves for the weak-minded) in WFB. -ish, since I don't have the cash to buy anything at the moment.
I also play Confrontation, where unfortunately my army are the Dirz alchemists and my dream army being the orcs of Bran-Ô-Kor.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Favourite has to be dark eldar, who just so happen to be practically anathema to us. Least favourite is, of course, MEq, particularly vanilla marines.

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
I can't remember them, truth be told. Best one probably has to be wiping out my friend's DE with a crappy 1k static Tau list. Worst would be sounding like an utter new person at a GW in the UK by boasting about how leet mech Tau is and losing eight out of eight games thereafter.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
They're an expensive hobby, as far as my family's concerned. All my male friends are wargamers (I converted them; I have the zeal of an Imperial priest when it comes to my hobbies); my female friends tolerate them but often regard them as "another of those weird things boys do." :roll:

What are some of you other interests?
A good book or a thought-provoking movie are what I also like to spend my spare time on. I love learning stuff, and aesthetics (be they in the form of physical beauty or the beauty of words). Oh, and I'm an existentialist prick with a definite chip on the shoulder and an ingrained stream of arrogance, commonly described as crazy by the rest of society due to believing in Machiavel, Rousseau and the death of God (so Nietzsche too, I guess).[i]

Do you have any pets?
[i]I have a thirteen year old dog whom I no longer live with (my parents are divorced and I was exiled to my father's this year - obviously against my will. He has a female cat, though it isn't mine.

What is your favourite band?
That is such a bland question. Muse an A Perfect Circle, I guess. Anything with guitar riffs and smart lyrics, in general (also, jazz and classical music).

Return to “Membership Profiles”