Member Profile

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Keester1

Member Profile

Post#1 » Feb 22 2006 01:52

Real first name: Keith

Age and gender: 39 years old and Male

Occupation: Today I'm a Verizon Business Trainer/Developer. Tomorrow, who knows.

How did you get into wargaming? I got into wargaming when my parents bought me a boxed wargame on the Battle of Crete. I was just a tad to young to understand the rules then but it fascinated me. Then in High School I had a History teacher that used Napoleonic miniatures to help teach Waterloo and then he started a miniatures Wargame club. I was hooked.

How did you get into Tau? I had moved to NJ and wanted to find somekind of miniature wargame to get involved with. There was not much in the way of Historicals so Warhammer 40K and its Sci-fi theme interested me. The Tau best fit my temperment. All the other armies are just way to dark.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? Read this forum...lots of tips and tricks to assimilate and make your own.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Burnt Umber and Burnt Sienna with Black under garments

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I found the original site through the Internet about a year ago.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Keester is just an old nickname my friends had given me.

Where and how often to you usually play? I've not gotten to play much. Its hard to get away to play.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I've not collected anyother 40K armies yet, but if I do it would be IG. From what little I know they seem to have a great deal of flexibility. I've also recently gotten into Flames of War (15mm WWII).

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I've gotten to play the Orcs once and were an interesting challenge. Most other foes have been SM. They just seem to have a lot of special rules piled up to help them against all other army types.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? I've had several worst moments as I've been slowly building my army, which has been static. So I get whooped a lot by my foe and my dice. I like to think I put up a good fight though (ignorance is bliss in this case). I always enjoy killing Terminators with FW pulse volley fire...the faces my opponents make...

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife thinks I'm crazy.

What are some of you other interests? I enjoy reading history, especially military history. I enjoy Church.

Do you have any pets? Yes. Emily the cat and Gizmo and Gidget our Japanese Chins.

Return to “Membership Profiles”