Fireblade

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Fireblade
Shas

Fireblade

Post#1 » Feb 22 2006 02:43

Real first name: Gene

Age and gender: 45-ish, male (that's right I'm an old man)

How did you get into wargaming?
AD&D, SJ's Melee, Avalon Hill, and SPI circa 1978

How did you get into Tau?
Loved the look of the models (and the rules ain't bad either)

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Collect and build the models you like and learn how best to play with what you got.
You can then buildup from there.
(works for any 40K or WFB army)

What is your Tau colour scheme?
Primary is Light Blue with Tan as a counter colour

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member?
New site via a post by Tonka.
Old site from a Google search for Tau boards.

What are the origins of your ATT username?
Fireblade was one of the original special characters for the new codex (Tau Empires). She was in the draft copy of the codex, equipped with an XV72 battlesuit that came equipped with a Stimulant Injector, Failsafe Detonator, Vectored Targeting Array, Laser-Induced Nucleonic Blaster, Doppler Node. She was replaced by Shadowsun for the final version of the codex.
Man I miss that Laser-Induced Nucleonic Blaster.
(Almost as much as I miss the Open-Core Mass Driver, now that was a Special Issue Weapon System).

Where and how often to you usually play?
At least once a month, usually try for more.
Plus I run, or help run, a number of 40K and WFB tournaments every year, and usually work Games Day-Baltimore, and help at Baltimore GTs (well when they were running them).

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system?
40K - Tau, Tyranids, Space Marines (custom), Daemonhunters, & Necrons
WFB - Empire, Ogre Kingdoms, & Dwarves
BFG - Imperial, Chaos, & Tyranids
Necormunda - Delaque
Mordhiem - Reiklanders and Skaven

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against?
Favourite - Orks (not Speed Freaks)
Least Favourite - Speed Freaks

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Actually they have all been good, though the best may have been winning my first RTT (back when they gave out the resin skull piles for Overall Champion)

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'?
It surprises none of them (I grew up playing AD&D and wargames), though they all agree that it does keep me mostly out of trouble.

What are some of you other interests?
Volleyball, cooking, sci-fi/action/thriller books/movies/shows, computer games (preferring turn-based games), pen & paper RPGs, board games (Twighlight Imperium, Battlemist, etc).

Do you have any pets?
Currently just a pair of cats (who enjoy batting and chasing the 25mm bases around the house)

What is your favourite band?
No one favourite, just a wide but eclectic selection - from Weezer to Devo to Offspring to Bob Marley to ACDC to Jack Johnson to Reel Big Fish to Madness etc., though I do have a tendency to lean towards Ska.

Return to “Membership Profiles”