Upgrade

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Upgrade
Shas

Upgrade

Post#1 » Feb 22 2006 03:26

Real first name: Allen

Age and gender: 35/M

Occupation: Multiple Business Owner (Pawnshop/Computer Consulting)

How did you get into wargaming? I used to play roleplaying games and many board based games such as Risk. I then had a 10 year period where all I played were PC based games like Civ2 & Civ3. As my two teens got interested we started playing Mechwarrior clix game which swiftly transistioned into WH40k last year.

How did you get into Tau? I liked the look of the Tau army and I really liked the way they seemed to play

What would be your first piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Know your army and learn to judge 12" and 18" you will need it.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player?
Don't allow your opponents taunts bug you to much into playing thier game. Becasue we all know they will make fun of your Tau for JSJ and hiding behind terrain after shooting thier tail off each turn!

What is your Tau colour scheme? Tan and Brown

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I searched for Tau Tactics and came accross the MTT site in June of '05. I have been a member here since it's creation Febuary '06

What are the origins of your ATT username? I am a computer consultant and have always used Upgrade as my call sign and PC game nickname since I "upgrade" peoples PC systems.

Where and how often to you usually play? I play at Gamers Getaway in Douglasville GA. I usually play on Thursday nights everyweek but somtimes my wife lets me go on Saturdays for a all day splurge.

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? I have 2700 points of Tyranids and 2000 points of Black Templar

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? I just really hate Necrons. They to me are the cheesiest army list in all of WH40K

What is your best and worst 40K moment?
Best= Playing against a Necron army my opponent attempted to veil in to rapid fire my FWs to death. He actaully drifted directly into my FWs killing his entire squad by landing dead in the center of my squad.
Worst= Playing against Space Wolves for the first time. My opponent succesfully infiltrated his scouts on turn four into my deployment zone catching my HQ off gaurd. Well that game didnt go well and he assualted me to death.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? My wife is OK with my "toys" as long as I exercise controll and don't let this game interfere with our family life. My kids who are 14 and 15 love playing this game. We have three armys and a gamming table in our basement so we play anytime we can.

What are some of you other interests? PC games BF2, CS, Dawn of War.

Do you have any pets? Dachshund named Oscar

What is your favourite band? NONE

Return to “Membership Profiles”