Shas'el Tur'in

Tell us about yourself, and find out more about our other members.
Shas'el Tur'in
Fio

Shas'el Tur'in

Post#1 » Apr 13 2006 11:30

Name? Nooo! Too much information!

Age and gender: 19/male

How did you get into wargaming? Played a game in a GW store, back in 3rd edition.

How did you get into Tau? Thought about playing 40k for a really long time, then this new team called the "Tau" came out, and I was like, "whoa! Cool! Battlesuits! And Railguns!" Come Christmas time I had begun collecting.

What would be your second piece of advice (after "read the freakin' rules") to a new Tau player? "Join ATT. Great bunch 'o' guys who love the game and love to help out.

What is your Tau colour scheme? Currently changing. Was a base white with black fatigues/joints/weapons, switching to a mostly black SWAT team kinda look.

How did you find this site/the old site, and how long have you been a member? I found the old MTT because someone mentioned it on the GW forums, so I searched MSN until I found it.

What are the origins of your ATT username? Well, this is a two-fold question. My ATT name is as it is because it was (well basically) my MTT name. It was my MTT name because MSN only lets you use the same name for all boards, and previous to MTT I'd joined a LotR Roleplaying board; it was then that I picked Turin_Trambar as my name.

The other 'origin' of my ATT name is from 'The Silmarillion' by J.R.R. Tolkien. Turin Trambar was the greatest warrior who ever lived, but who's life is also filled with some of the most sadness. 'Turin' means 'Master of Doom', whereas 'Trambar' continues to say 'By Doom Mastered'.

He also wielded a very powerful sword by the name of Anglachel; a black blade forged from iron found in a meteor that crashed to earth. It is for this reason that I am considering using him as a proxy for Farsight later on- but for now he is only a newly-promoted Shas'el.

Where and how often to you usually play? Most of my games are at either my friend's house or my house, as the "local" store is about an hour's drive away. I don't play terribly often at the moment, as the friend I usually play with sold his necron army (but will be starting DE soon. THAT will be fun)

Do you have any other armies, for 40K or another system? Starting an IG army as soon as I've "finished" my tau army.

What is your favourite and least favourite army to play against? Least favorite is Necrons, most favorite is probably IG.

What is your best and worst 40K moment? Hahaha. Can't think of a worst actually, but the best was when my brother first bought his Stormtrooper squad. He deployed them in a chimera, but before he could get them out my deep-struck Gun Drone squad hit it in the rear armour and destroyed it outright. All the stormtroopers died.

What does/do your family/significant other/friends think about your 'funny toys'? Family: Mom thinks of it like a Chess game, but more involved. Dad thinks it's a silly game with models and a waste of time/money. No significant other at the moment. Friends either play or watch with interest.

What are some of you other interests? Photoshop-ing things, writing music, chillin' with my friends.

Do you have any pets? Yes, one italian greyhound and many cats.

What is your favourite band? At the moment? Falling Up.

Return to “Membership Profiles”