[Fio ATT Work] Tael's Workbench

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
DGF
Shas

Re: [Fio ATT Work] Tael's Workbench

Post#11 » Apr 19 2013 03:50

Most excellent. A fresh Tael thread drew out of my several year-long Tau hiatus. I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of your outstanding work, Tael. It's rather inspired me to go dig up the stuff I have buried in my room and work on some space fishies.
"Hmm..." Attributed to Commander Farsight

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#12 » Apr 19 2013 05:24

The master has returned! Oh man I can't wait to see what he manages to pull off; heck, it may actually end up being a -good- thing that I wasn't able to get the new Tau stuff yet... :crafty:

I met a man from Brussels~

Tael
Fio'O

Post#13 » Apr 20 2013 02:46

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great feedback - projects forthcoming - but I drew up a comic the other night because with all the new chatter I've been watching auto-correction play havoc with..

russ29
Shas

Post#14 » Apr 20 2013 03:22

Oh my god, this is going to be so cool! Seriously, I can't wait to see your WIPs. I'm gonna imagine myself drooling over your stuff again. ;)

Oh and hilarious comic as well. :D
Strike hard and fast, and let no enemy come unto us.

shadow kat
Shas

Post#15 » Apr 20 2013 04:18

*nonchalantly strolls into the workshop wearing a grotesquely over sized afro. Leaning casually against a wall; sheepishly scans the room making sure the coast is clear before delicately parting several curls of hair exposing a rotating camera lens amongst the afro*

Oh... don't mind me :D

Mauler
Shas

Post#16 » Apr 20 2013 04:23

shadow kat wrote:*nonchalantly strolls into the workshop wearing a grotesquely over sized afro. Leaning casually against a wall; sheepishly scans the room making sure the coast is clear before delicately parting several curls of hair exposing a rotating camera lens amongst the afro*

Oh... don't mind me :D

Haha!! Classic.

*subscribing engaged*

Tael
Fio'O

Post#17 » Apr 20 2013 09:19

Hi all,

I've been dabbling with this idea for awhile, I've seen a couple of variations of this about the internet, but merely slapping on a tau torso and some pulse rifles didn't quite fit with me. It seemed to shove them into the force rather than have them as varied addition like the Kroot.

Whilst browsing some Dark Eldar parts, I noticed the glyphs and indented sigils - immediately an idea was born. Using Dark Eldar torsos, merged with Eldar backs and DE Rifles given some TLC - I present the test models :

The El'drasil

No one is quite sure where the El'Drasil appear from, yet all are in agreement, to begin creating a landing is to invite complete destruction.

Drasil is a heavily forested world, abundant with wildlife. Despite being surrounded by races who would normally covet such a virgin world, it remains untouched for fairly obvious reasons; any who mark it's soil are interred beneath it.

There are rumours of a bio-genetic experiment gone wrong, a long forgotten race merging with their biosphere. Another is an organic automaton defense system for the original claim makers of Drasil and the most exotic, a long lost colony of the Eldar which died out, the El'Drasil being the spirits who merged with the great alien forests of the beautiful but deadly world.

For a tau cadre which intercepted Ork raiders and brought them down onto Drasil; the discovery of the be'gel being destroyed by fluxing and twisting elemental warriors, brandishing ancient armor and lance bolt firing weapons was quite an introduction to the mystery. When all was done, they had the impression it was time to leave, but not before a question was asked psychically by the natives; were there more?

The tau stated the whole spiral arm was at war; from the be'gel to the Y'he and the Gue'la. This world and many of the tau worlds were in danger. The El'drasil silently considered this, revealing a cask of stones from the ground itself. Should the need to quell a foe require their aide, a stone was to be placed and the El'drasil would come for a brief time. And so they have, several times since, great rents in the fabric of reality disgorging a host of El'Drasil into the battle, their banshee wails and lancing shots turning the tide of battle each time.

Image Image

I'll work on merging the parts more, but so far I like the theme.

- Seb.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El

Post#18 » Apr 20 2013 10:12

These look great, Tael. What are you using them as counts-as for? Eldar, Dark Eldar or Necrons? From the fluff, they could count as any of the above.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

happy_spike
Shas'Ui

Post#19 » Apr 20 2013 10:21

Wow, they look great. You truly are the master. Can't wait to see more.

Vet Sgt
Shas

Post#20 » Apr 21 2013 07:48

Very interesting, the Tau Empire gets a Legion Of The Dammed? I’m not sure which is more interesting the fluff, or the models!

Return to “Modelling”