[Fio ATT Work] Tael's Workbench

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
boomwolf
Shas'La

Re: [Fio ATT Work] Tael's Workbench

Post#21 » Apr 21 2013 08:52

Sweet models, but what are they supposed to be PLAYED as? (or are they just some random models for the heck of it?)

On another note, it has nothing to do with the parts shown on the first post!

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#22 » Apr 21 2013 10:49

Tael wrote:immediately an idea was born

You have to love when that happens. :D

I've always wanted to get dryads, but I had always envisioned them more at home in Daemons army. This is a nice twist, and you could pretty much call them whatever you wanted.

Great conversion Tael!

modelglue

Chillrend
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Apr 21 2013 02:27

Great work. I've always loved the Dryad models, and have always wanted to find a way to bring them into 40k with style. It appears you have beat me to the punch, with these sleek, interesting auxillaries that I have the compelling urge to imitate. Not to mention the very intriguing backstory, well done Fio'O! :) I will be even more interested to see how you paint them. Will you be going for a traditional tree-esqe scheme or attempting to mimic a skin hue?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#24 » Apr 21 2013 04:21

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses ./bow :D

Yes indeed these are not comprised of the pieces I showed in the first post - I am a tricksey fio. :P

Game wise I could happily replace my gue'vesa with these in a pinch, but I feel to do them justice - something akin to Necrons/Eldar - I'll have to peruse some unit rules. I'm going to work through a few concept ideas, so bear with me.

@Chillrend - I'm aiming to paint something different, elemental and possibly energetic - looking about for inspiration presently.

Lastly, certainly I appreciate the titles bandied my way, however ATT has an array of brilliant modellers; Xeones, Vet Sgt, Warhound, Li'Now, Phineos and pretty much anyone on
[Model Guides & Tutorials] Official ATT Modelling Resource. Certainly, there is good company to be found in modelling on our community forum. We're not wanting for inspiration and ideas that's for sure!

Thanks all, more shortly :)

Che Gue'vesa
Gue'El

Post#25 » Apr 22 2013 04:51

Tael wrote:I'm aiming to paint something different, elemental and possibly energetic - looking about for inspiration presently.

now that sounds interesting, a little bit like the Unity Crystals from stargate, even though those where immobile ... and in that case they would most probably would inhabit one of Vet Sgt's Crystal-Jungles.

This is very inspiring.

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#26 » Apr 25 2013 01:52

These look interesting. Will you be covering a small tutorial later on when your done with your conversion and perhaps painting?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#27 » Apr 25 2013 05:59

Will do Vash, they're not as straightforward as it appears - a bit of cutting and fitting to be done. The fingers will be removed and re-sculpted also.

Presently working on something else whilst I await extra parts now that I know the idea works. :)

Vash
Shas'Ui

Post#28 » Apr 27 2013 03:13

Thats what I suspected. They look "simple" but there usually is more to it than meets the eye. A well executed conversion will make the model it self look like nothing hard was done.

Phineos
Fio

Post#29 » Apr 27 2013 05:08

Your alien looks very nice, although, at first I didn't liked the hands. But … maybe if you bend the fingers so as if they were grown together with the weapon? Maybe you also can connect the thumb or index finger (or whatever) with the little ripped piece on top of the gun? This way it would act as a trigger. Just my two cents.

Great work and a sweet addition to the growing Empire ;)
Do you plan to do even more Vesas?

Phinn
Join the Cult of Smile

Tael
Fio'O

Post#30 » Apr 27 2013 06:52

Your alien looks very nice, although, at first I didn't liked the hands. But … maybe if you bend the fingers so as if they were grown together with the weapon? Maybe you also can connect the thumb or index finger (or whatever) with the little ripped piece on top of the gun? This way it would act as a trigger. Just my two cents.

This is almost word for word what I intend to do with a couple of variations ;)

For example, this was me trialling the Naga idea back in the day :

which evolved into this :

Essentially, not everything I do is a finished idea - it's just a progression - hence the new work log ;)

Return to “Modelling”