[Fio ATT Work] Tael's Workbench

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Shas'O T'Ar'Cha
Shas

Re: [Fio ATT Work] Tael's Workbench

Post#31 » Apr 29 2013 01:08

Tael wrote:For example, this was me trialling the Naga idea back in the day :

Where did you get those guns from?

Phineos
Fio

Post#32 » Apr 29 2013 03:28

Some strange symbiotic technology suits these aliens. I guess, that I was on the right track, or lets say that the dryads parts you used subconsciously put me onto the right way. Dryads are, after all, symbiotic forest spirits, which suggests that this model needs something comparable to the fantasy counterpart (and glowing eyes). Darn subconsciousness. ;)

Tael wrote:Essentially, not everything I do is a finished idea - it's just a progression - hence the new work log ;)

Of course, I just want to throw in my 2 cents and see what you think of them. If someone does not like my suggestions, I do not take it personel :)

I am curious how this turns out, so feed me with some pictures, or I'll die of visual deprivation :P

Oh, on a side note: If a Tau's face turns teal, doesn't that mean that said Tau is sick? ;)

Shas'O T'Ar'Cha wrote:Where did you get those guns from?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the back part is from a IG lasgun and the front part is a Slugga form an Orkboy.

Phinn
Join the Cult of Smile

Tael
Fio'O

Post#33 » Apr 30 2013 08:50

Phineos is on the money there - I much prefer my Pulse Blasters now!

And that'll be enough Teal teasin' thank you :P

In hobby news I have been distracted by completing some 15mm sci fi, a genre that I've been slowly becoming enamoured with :

Fun in even smaller scale - enjoyed doing the scorch marks and energy glow. The markings are loud - because these guys are small. and it adds a certain tech aspect easily. I'll be doing similar markings on the walker next.

The mecha is from Reaper miniatures and the figures Khurasan Miniatures. I actually used weapons from a different 'CAV' kit and add the sensor tower and minigun chin turret, amongst aerial and a few other details.

More tau shortly,
Tael :)

El'mo
Shas'El

Post#34 » Apr 30 2013 08:57

Ahw, Mini-mes aren't they cute ;)

Seriously good work considering the scale and the OTT markings work well. The gem effects and plasma glow look great too.

More please.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#35 » May 03 2013 08:23

More indeed.. a lone Tau battlesuit. I've been reviewing and reviving my older work to have more gear - suggesting improvements over the years. Whilst I await some new recruits in really fancy suits. For now, this is just an update showing on suit that has been positioined to launching forward with fixed weapon hardpoints on the arms.

A few touch ups after refitting, then good to go play and slay.

I'll post up final images when the whole la'rua is completely upgraded.

- Tael. :)

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#36 » May 03 2013 08:31

The lone shas'ui rides again! "High-ho Crisis, Away!"

Phineos
Fio

Post#37 » May 04 2013 01:50

Tael wrote:And that'll be enough Teal teasin' thank you :P

Okay, I will stop it, before you kick my gluTEAL muscle. I will light a TEALight and relax a little. Although, the best thing I can do now is to take a sTEALth suit and sTEAL away … I can hear the Mantas coming :)

These 15 mm miniatures look great *cough*. Bad pun aside, they look really awesome. I especially like the lenses on the weapons and helmets.
If you like smaller scale miniatures, have you ever thought about starting Dropzone Commander from Hawk Games? The design of the miniatures is great, the rules seem to be very fast and not too complicated and the company offers printout terrain on their homepage, which looks really nice. I would start it, if someone of my buddies would go along.

The paintjob on the suit is very crisp. I like the black parts and the subtle OSL effect around the lens.
I see that you also have switched to barehoof Tau. I thought about doing the same after I saw it in the new codex, decided against it, since the hoofs on the Fire Warriors don't look so bare. After looking at your Shas'ui, I have to say that it looks great. Where does the head from the Shas'ui comes from?

Phinn
Join the Cult of Smile

warpaint overlord
Shas

Post#38 » May 12 2013 07:24

Is that another Beastman head[question mark]

PS question mark key broken :/

happy_spike
Shas'Ui

Post#39 » May 12 2013 08:13

(hold)ALT+063 on your number pad will give you the ? key (yes I typed that with the number pad code!). Just a helpful bit of info to use while your key is broken!

http://www.irongeek.com/alt-numpad-ascii-key-combos-and-chart.html

Tael
Fio'O

Post#40 » May 13 2013 05:17

Cheers Spike, and yes, the head on the Shas'ui is from the beastmen range, heavily shaved down.

It's meant to be a little comically large - I'm mimicking our very own Eiglepulper, so it has to have broad jaw line :D

Return to “Modelling”