My take on the VT's. (WIP)

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Stonefox
Shas

Post#19 » Jun 29 2006 01:32

snypergod89 wrote:Actually, I thin that they're just there to break up an otherwisw flat and bland surface :eek:

Yeah, that's what I really think too. Problem is, that flat and "bland" surface looks really good on Tau. Anyway, what I've done on my latest suits is to cut off the bolt but leave the circle underneath. Gives a nice "emblem space" much like a Bret has a little shield embroidered on his horse so he can have his field and charge applied. :) Yeah, I was wondering where to put individual pilots' emblems but I've solved the problem. :)
My hamham plays warhams. WARHAMS WARHAMS WARHAMS WARHAM

LordKnyght
Shas

Post#20 » Jul 02 2006 07:46

Just so you don't think I've been sitting back and doing nothing on my mini's, here's a few updates on what the suit is looking like. One of these days i'm going to learn how to back off from work and get some things done. LOL

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/ ... 060008.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/ ... 060006.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/ ... 060007.jpg

I have a plan to make the backside look a lot better before I'm done. I'll wait and let you see what it is just a little longer. If you'll excuse me, I'm on my way to cleaning it up some before I start the painting. Wish me luck.
Claim the fire within, then unleash it upon your foe

Fio El's Workshop
Fio

Post#21 » Jul 02 2006 10:28

LordKnyght wrote:Since the suit has three nubs, look at it like the nub on the back is the rocket fuel and the two on the shoulders are the O2. Or vice versa.

I always thought that the one on the back was the entry hatch...
<---- I even drew my avatar to be inside of it, fixing the controls (but since its only 80x80, the detail around it had to be cut out...)
My son spends my 40K budget on Lego. No complaints here.

LordKnyght
Shas

Post#22 » Jul 03 2006 12:03

Funny, my thoughts on the entry point was the suit pened in the middle and slid forward. If you look at the model, you can see where the thicker section of the front of the suit overlaps the thinner part on the back. But that's the great thing about imagination, no one is ever wrong. Unless you think orks smell like cotton candy, cause we all know better than that.
Claim the fire within, then unleash it upon your foe

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#23 » Jul 03 2006 01:04

Well Lordy, been busy :)

As I understand it (From the Kill Team novel, GW), Battlesuits are a clam shell torso, pilot gets in, sits back and then the front portion lowers shut.

As for the cogs? Could be a way to unlock access to the intake engines. I've always felt the middle of a back pack is the power core.

Now, by that thinking, a thunking great ower core should be modelled on your VT backpack Lordy ;)

Regardless of my ramblings, this suit is going to be solid.

~ Tael.

Return to “Modelling”