My take on the VT's. (WIP)

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
LordKnyght
Shas

My take on the VT's. (WIP)

Post#1 » Jun 26 2006 11:47

Now this is still in the rough stage so please keep that in mind. If you read the Vectored Retro-Thrusters, it basically states that by adding extra nozzles the suit can manuver more freely. So using my saw, some patience and a lot of luck, i cut off the two thrusters from one suit and tacked them onto another one for the time being. What is your opinion on what I've done?

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/ ... 95ccbc.jpg
Claim the fire within, then unleash it upon your foe

John
Fio

Re: My take on the VT's. (WIP)

Post#2 » Jun 27 2006 12:26

nice, very nice.
look a bit like the space marine pack
Shas'O Kai'jihn [gue'vesa codename: commander John]

faol
Shas

Post#3 » Jun 27 2006 07:28

So far I like what I see
Burst Cannons Take Aim!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Jun 27 2006 05:59

With that kind of thruster power, he can certainly shake his groove thing. It works well and doesnt affect the lines of the backpack much at all. It pretty much seems a natural expansion of the Tau's line of thruster packs :)

~ Tael.

Stonefox
Shas

Post#5 » Jun 27 2006 07:08

I think it's OK but that circle thing bothers me. It has always bothered me and when facing forward it bothers me even more! I demand you cut it off! See what you've done? Now I am excited and demand the removal of things that upset my composure!
My hamham plays warhams. WARHAMS WARHAMS WARHAMS WARHAM

LordKnyght
Shas

Post#6 » Jun 27 2006 07:38

EVA - Stonefox wrote:I think it's OK but that circle thing bothers me. It has always bothered me and when facing forward it bothers me even more! I demand you cut it off! See what you've done? Now I am excited and demand the removal of things that upset my composure!

Don't worry EVA, that huge bolt is probably going to disapear with some of the other little changes I plan to make. Right now I'm working on cutting down on the amount of the thruster that's hanging over the edge of the origonal (if that makes any sense at all). With the other little changes I'm making though, those bolts are the last thing that should be bothering anyone. LOL

I'll try to have new pictures up sometime in the near future (hopefully within the week) of what he'll look like when he's done. Tight now I'm testing something I learned from the May issue of WD. If it works out, then he should be done soon.

And I appreaceate the kind words from all so far! Thank you for not telling me it's a waste of time. :D

Quex
Shas

Post#7 » Jun 27 2006 07:39

AHH! EVA is upset! Everybody! To the bunker!
It's been way too long.

Fal'Shia Mont'Ka Vendrak
Shas

Post#8 » Jun 27 2006 08:01

Only thing that bothers me is the blur on that picture...
Otherwise very nice work! I wondered anyway why something like that hasn't been done earlier...after all we all know since the invention of First Person Shooters what powers sidestepping-abilities can grant you :evil:
Ah, yes, mere infantry - poor beggars... - Plautus

Stonefox
Shas

Post#9 » Jun 27 2006 08:02

Quex - You know those cartoons where the guy goes through the phone and strangles the other guy? Yeah, I'd do that too if it was possible. Then I'd anger someone else on the Internets and it'll be done back to me.

Knight - Cool. I never removed mine before but I've done so on the more recent things. It's never sat right with me - it's just "there" doing nothing at all.

LordKnyght
Shas

Post#10 » Jun 27 2006 11:02

Actually, I just figured out what those round nubs are on the packs. It's the nuclear power core. Now i've got to head back to the hospital for treatment cause I filed them off.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#11 » Jun 28 2006 12:22

Nuclear power core? Where did you find that out?

A bit off topic, but this had to be asked :D

~ Tael.

LordKnyght
Shas

Post#12 » Jun 28 2006 12:23

The hospital from when I went in for radioactive treatments. LOL

Stonefox
Shas

Post#13 » Jun 28 2006 12:25

Hm....if I think of it as a nuclear power core, it wouldn't be too bad. However, that's an odd placement indeed. On the jetpack where it's likely to be hit? I've always imagined the core as the little round "shield" on the back of the suit.

LordKnyght
Shas

Post#14 » Jun 28 2006 12:14

Actually, after thinking about it, the placement isn't that out of the ordinary. Think of it like the US Space program does. you have the rocket fuel, and then you have liquid Oxygen. They're kept seperate until you need them then they mix them together to get the thrust they need. What's the result? Quick accelleration with a relitively small amount of fuel.

Since the suit has three nubs, look at it like the nub on the back is the rocket fuel and the two on the shoulders are the O2. Or vice versa.

Fal'Shia Mont'Ka Vendrak
Shas

Post#15 » Jun 28 2006 06:42

Now that you mentioned it...those plates are the same ones as on the normal Pulse weapons... :eek:

J'kaara Shi
Fio

Post#16 » Jun 29 2006 12:36

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that these "nuclear reactors" you're talking about, are stabilising bolts. Now, I'm not too sure what that entails exactly, but it sounds like they're there siply to stop stuff exploding or melting and whatnot. Still, just my $0.02
Dan O_o
We are Fio, the backbone of the Empire.

snypergod89
Shas

Post#17 » Jun 29 2006 12:52

Actually, I thin that they're just there to break up an otherwisw flat and bland surface :eek:

Fal'Shia Mont'Ka Vendrak
Shas

Post#18 » Jun 29 2006 01:01

Nah come on now...why should the Fio do something like that?? Pffft...creating something that has no use :)

Return to “Modelling”