[Resource] Alternate Defence Line & Tau-style scenery

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Bitterman
Shas

Re: [Resource] Alternate Defense Line & Tau-style scenery

Post#19 » Oct 15 2013 07:27

Looks cool. Loving the glow.

For the bunkers just mentioned, see the discussion here.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: [Resource] Alternate Defence Line & Tau-style scenery

Post#20 » Dec 02 2013 01:56

Updated the list with the new release of MicroArtStudio : "Tau ceti" Habitat (hard foam)

If anyone knows other sceneries, please tell us.

E'nigma
Shas

Post#21 » Dec 03 2013 08:06

Kael'yn wrote:Updated the list with the new release of MicroArtStudio : "Tau ceti" Habitat (hard foam)

If anyone knows other sceneries, please tell us.

I have the "Tau ceti" Windtrap myself. I'm currently waiting on some Army Painter White to finish the Hard Foam sections. Now for a mini review

Minus a couple of minor dings due to shipping from Cool Mini or Not the Hard Foam was easy to fix with some liquid green-stuff. The HDF were easy to put together after a little sanding on the joins. The joins went together nice and snug without any need for some glue.

It can be built into one large tower or two medium sized towers. My current configuration is one large building. Overall I rate the Windtrap as a 8/10 must have for any Tau styled game board if you are not skilled with foam core. I am wanting to get one more of the Windtrap to build it in the 2 tower configuration.

Seeing that they have released Tau Ceti habitats I'm going to need to pick up a couple of those as well as a few defense lines to add to my table.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#22 » Jan 26 2014 02:08

New Micro Art Studio update:
"Tau ceti" Powerplant (hard foam)
http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/tauceti-power-plant-p-1027.html

These guys are amazing !

ARC'Thunder
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#23 » Mar 12 2014 12:11

The German site, HEAVY-SUPPORT, that produces the alternate battlesuit model also provides a building.

A'eri Building

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#24 » Mar 12 2014 02:44

@ ARC'Thunder
Seen these on the HeavySupport website, but I forgot to add it here... :dead:

As a side note, my bro gave me a set of a Tau Ceti defense line.
And my previous remarks, based on other MAS product I received are matching ! It's a nice product.

Laufer
Shas

Post#25 » Jul 14 2014 01:52

Hey guys!

I've got Tau ceti defence line. I can't decide what is it made of? In 40k Universe, of course. I am going to make some damaging/weathering on it.

So! Is it all solid concrete, or metal shape filled with urethane, Or even thin metal reinforced by force field? What do you think?
Also I seek ideas about painting "glow". I don't have airbrush so it will be torture for me. May be glowing is last thing you want from disguised defense line?

Please, share your opinions! :roll:

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#26 » Jul 15 2014 03:37

Interesting question.

I assume Defence line plating can be made like FW armour (Just because Crisis or vehicle armour will make them too heavy or too pricey).
But in both case, they have metal in them. But maybe not "standard reflective" metal since their nano structure can change light reflection properties : they can appear black and matt for example, or reflect the light in one or more particular colour due to a wavelength-size structure (blue, violet, ...).

If the Defence line is made to be quickly deployed (not used as fixed fortifications), they must be not too heavy to transport, but heavier enough to remains stable under fire.
Maybe they have internal reinforcements to avoid deformations and can be filled with water or sand to remain in place (like temporary road blocks).

If the Defence line is made to be static, the structure can stay the same, but fixed on ground by bolts, ... and filled maybe with concrete. Or they can be fully in concrete-like material.

Forcefield can be an additionnal layer of protection (so you can paint a little glowing behind the defence line, in the carved bits).
I tried glow paint without airbrush, but you need to lay several coats of thinned paints that are thinner and lighter each time to achieve a good blending, alas without the "rough" effect an airbrush can offer.

Hope it helps.

Laufer
Shas

Post#27 » Jul 15 2014 12:30

Merci, Kael'yn!

Now, when you answered me, it will be much easier to make a decision for me! I think that:
1) Defense wall is an empty structure (box) made of cheap metal (so it can easily transported). So where should be rust, curvatures made while transporting, scratched off paint.
2) After emplacement wall should be filled with nano-reactive liquid that hardens on a heavy impact. Only most powerful weapon can break through and some liquid may be spilled (I think it has acid yellow color). Also box may be damaged while transporting and may not be totally sealed.
3) When it needs to move forward wall can be left behind (its pretty cheap). Liquid can be pumped out and used for another walls. In this case enemy can't use those liquid-less walls (unfortunately not in game).
4) Lamps may be only inside perimeter. And they are blue (used by military night operations). But I won't paint glow - its a daylight after all! (aaand I'm too lazy :) )

Thanks again!
Tau'va! :fear:

update:
Painted walls look nice and fit my back completely :P

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Jan 20 2017 07:12

ARC'Thunder wrote:The German site, HEAVY-SUPPORT, that produces the alternate battlesuit model also provides a building.

A'eri Building

Anyone know if Heavy-Support is still around and in business?

Return to “Modelling”