Starting over by browsing MicroArtStudio website for some Discworld figs, I found some things interesting for modelling ideas (or buying) for Tau-style Aegis Defense Line (an item who became very useful in many 6th lists)
I've added then other concepts form other manufacturers by my own research or people suggestions
If you know about other concepts or have purchased some, you can give links to website (to be added in the OP) or write a review (to be linked in the replies).Micro Art Studio
"Tau ceti" defense line (resin)http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/tauceti-defence-line-p-986.html
"Tau ceti" Building (hard foam/HDF wood)http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/tauceti-windtrap-p-953.html
"Tau ceti" Powerplant (hard foam)http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/tauceti-power-plant-p-1027.html
"Tau ceti" Vents (hard foam)http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/tauceti-vents-p-1052.html
"Tau ceti" Habitat (hard foam)http://sklep.microartstudio.com/tauceti-habitat-1-p-1010.htmlThere is some nice bases too in the "Tau Ceti" line :
Reviews:By SholtoBy BittermanBy Che Gue'vesa (with Tau ceti bases review)By E'nigma (Tau Ceti hard foam Windtrap)
Painted/In situation:By SholtoChapterhouse StudioEDIT 2014-11-06: Since CHS seems down, this is not a real alternative.
"Tech federation" defense line and weapon emplacement (resin, maybe)http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1877613212/28mm-wargaming-sci-fi-trenches-and-emplacements-te/posts/582697Part of this Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1877613212/28mm-wargaming-sci-fi-trenches-and-emplacements-teMr Dandy
"Mechanoid" defense line and weapon emplacement (resin)http://www.mrdandy.com/wargamma-linked-barricades/Arcane Miniatures (thanks to Orange)
Concrete walls and gates and other sceneries (resin, laser-cut wood, ...)http://www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk/designed-for-infinity.aspBurninDesigns (thanks to opiewan)
Energy walls (laser-cut wood and acrylic)http://www.burnindesigns.net/2013/04/new-product-energy-barricades.html?m=1http://www.burnindesigns.net/2012/11/new-products-laser-defense-walls.html?m=1Hive City Terrains (thanks to InquisitorFelix)https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hive-City-Terrain/260201640737033
Futuristic Empire Bunker (concept by DeathProof
WIP here (http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21472
They features some sci-fi items fitting nice for Tau aestheticshttp://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/wargames-scenery-terrain/sci-fi-scenery-terrain.htmlHeavy Support(thanks to ARC'Thunder and Aun'Flsia)
Alongside a battlesuit alternative
(reviewed by El'mo here
), they offer a destroyed bunker.http://gwfwmort.bplaced.net/web1/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&lang=en&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2PlastCraft Games
These Spanish people have precut plastic sheets to assemble.
Some interesting ranges for cheap, some designed for Infinity which are a match for Tau aesthetic too :http://www.plastcraftgames.com/en/64-designed-for-infinity
Personal reviews (no flamewars about these, they are my own opinions and yours are welcome):
- The Micro Art Studio fits the better the Tau-style. Working on some of their other products, their casting and materials are very hobbyist friendly.
- Chapterhouse model are a funded Kickstarter, but not produced at this time. Their design is good, but seems lesser Tau than Micro Art Studio one.
- Mr Dandy better fits the Aegis shape but seems too blocky and lacks some curves. Turret guns are also not very tau-style.
- Arcane Miniatures scenery fits well a sci-fi design other than "gothic", but their claim "designed for Infinity" is worthful: you don't recognize that as Tau items without placing a model near.
- BurninDesigns "energy barrier" is a good idea, with our easy access to energy shields in our fluff. Their style may be refined to fit Tau style maybe. And also, their Laser Defense walls seems to have a bigger footprint that standard Aegis, and this can be a drawback, like in closed configurations.
2013-09-19 : As the suggestions and concepts grows, I've edited the OP and title to clarify the reading of the thread.