New Battlesuits

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Re: New Battlesuits

Post#41 » Sep 26 2015 09:30

The design resemblance is uncanny. I really like where these are going!

KuroRyu
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#42 » Sep 26 2015 08:12

I like the design of the XV7 stratos. It looks like an attempt by the earth caste at creating an ai controlled suit (the round head is reminiscent of a drone) which seems like something the tau would do to address their low body count vs other races and attempt to field more firepower while risking fewer lives.

Your newer suit also looks very tasty.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#43 » Oct 03 2015 05:37

For ShasODerpy: Thank you so much!!! Yes I know, previous style was really far from the ordinary Tau style (for my choice), but I've decided to do also something closer to origin aesthetic! About the pose I think it will be similar to the actual pose, I like his dinamic, really cinematic pose :P maybe a little bit rotated, it depends on the arm, a sort of cannon or a blade!

For modelglue: Thank you very much modelglue!!! I tried to be closer to the Ghostkeel as much as possible :D

For KuroRyu: Thank you so much!!! I'm really happy you like my XV7 :)

Now, it is time of pictures! I've completed the suit chest, here the photos:

Comments and feedbackare welcome as always! :fear:

OnIn - Onos Industries

De'terra
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#44 » Oct 03 2015 05:49

Small WIP

The realization of the Vibro Sword is the following.. I begin from a CD cover, I make a modelling knife scorching with the help of kitchen cooker, then I cut the CD cover with the scorching knife. The raw sword now has thick edges, with a small rasp I smooth them paying attention to don't scratch the transparent surface. The final step is the realization of the hexagons. I draw them on the transparent surface with cutter in a delicate way, but I do this only on one side, in particular the rear side. Maybe the first times will be not a perfect work, but with a little of experience you could realize fantastic swords

;)

Un... believable...

That is so creative and out-of-the-box-thinking that I can't comprehend how you got that idea.
Absolutely fantastic!

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#45 » Oct 13 2015 10:00

To De'terra: Thank you very much :)

Hi to all,
Too busy with master degree and projects these days, but I'm here now, I'm going to share with you some photos of my last suit, now it misses only the lower part (legs), I've completed arms, shield generator and his weapon:

For the sword I've used the same technique, about the style I've thought something similar to Halo Grunt sword, in a Tau aesthetic!!!
What do you think?

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#46 » Oct 15 2015 09:52

Hi ATT

I've definitely completed my battlesuit, here some pics:

Next works are about, maybe, a squadron of five mercenaries battlesuit, I'm going to decide their style.
Do you have ideas for me?

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#47 » Oct 19 2015 05:29

I am so envious of that blade. It is so beautiful and has such a similarity to the new tidewall energy shield.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#48 » Oct 23 2015 06:12

Thank you Chris :D
I read lot of good feedback about this typology of weapon, I'm starting to think to a mass production project :fear: :fear: :fear:

However these are pics of the blade:

This could be mounted on a normal XV8 for exemple :evil:

OnIn - Onos Industries

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#49 » Nov 06 2015 05:56

Hi ATT!!!

I'm here to show you my last updates, I've finally completed second XV7 Stratos:

I have to finish its base :?

I've done also some new photos to XV9-07 at 360 degrees:

What do you think? Feedbacks???

Sunaj
Shas

Post#50 » Nov 06 2015 06:26

I just have to say it: Your conversions/scratch-builds are amazing.

If you are still interested in doing a domed geometric energy shield, look no further than the humble football (international, not American).
Interlocking hexagons with pentagons as needed. Rather simple, I know.

Happy hunting.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#51 » Nov 08 2015 12:53

Thank you very much Sunaj!!! :D

Sunaj wrote:If you are still interested in doing a domed geometric energy shield, look no further than the humble football (international, not American) interlocking hexagons with pentagons as needed.

Of course, I'm studying the way to realize hexagons and pentagons with same dimensions from a transparent cover, solved this problem I'll add some of these shields to my models :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#52 » Nov 13 2015 01:41

Hi ATT

Now my old battlesuits are all completed and painted, so it's time to start new battlesuits (maybe two). These ware the old segment with XV7 Stratos, XV77 Energhya and XV78 Vulcan, battlesuits with a retro style, and the new segment with XV9-07 Shockwave and the other two new suits, that are more near to GW style, modern, thinking about XV9-07 is a small version of Ghostkeel.
So during these days I've worked on XV8-0? Bowshock, I've already made his chest:
For head I've copied the style of one of the XV9 Hazard battlesuit, for shoulders they are made with Green stuff and milliput! For weapons I've made small swords with plasticard, some weapon bits from firewarriors, and the blade is made in the same way of other transparent swords!!
For intake on the back I've used two drones glued all together, and I added and sculpted some parts (grill and inlet section) with green stuff, milliput and plasticard!
Comments are welcome as always :)

OnIn - Onos_Industries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#53 » Nov 13 2015 04:27

That one of my favorite of your battlesuits so far! I've liked your custom battlesuit work for a while, very skillful and inspiring! My one question would be; are you going to mount some ranged weapons on the sides of the jetpack in one way or another? I personally thing that burst cannons on some plastic rod (or something) or upwards-angled missile pods would look cool.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#54 » Nov 23 2015 10:20

Thank you so much Vaal' ke kovash'shi!!! Of course, I'd like to add a missle pod, as I've already done on XV9-07 :D

Hi ATT!!!
After XV8-07 (that is still under construction) I want to show you my last work.. I LOVE this suit, I fell in love with her during the construction work, it's XV75 Atlas :fear: :fear: :fear:
I've used some parts and bits from old battlesuits, it will be the same tonnage of XV78.
For head I've used a similar version of the XV78, this also the weapon, the Vibro sword. And it will be a little bit more bulky.
Color scheme will be the same of XV78!

What do you think? Feedback?

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#55 » Dec 16 2015 04:31

Good morning ATT!!!

Days passed, I've been really busy but now I'm here!
I've worked on my last battlesuit, XV75, I think it's at 90%, I must work on last details, small things.
This a bulky suit, more than XV78, made for long-term missions, I think it has the same size of Ghostkeel.

It is the biggest of my battlesuits!

Comments and critics are welcome as always!

OnIn - OnosIndustries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#56 » Dec 21 2015 04:04

Oooooh! Nice work, Onos! My new favorite of your battlesuits! Loving the complete thing, it's awesome!

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#57 » Jan 04 2016 08:57

Happy 2016 ATT!!!
Thank you very much Vaal' ke kovash'shi, glad to read that is your new fav suit, and it is also my new favourite battlesuit :P

In these days I've worked on my last suit starting the paintjob. I've finished the sensored head:

Now I'm starting its torso.
I've also worked on my Stingray Stealth Drone, painting the left wing and the body:

Comments and feedbacks are welcome as always!

OnIn - OnosIndustries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#58 » Jan 04 2016 11:24

My personal opinion with that suit would be to give it a bit of a neck, since the head doesn't look like it could rotate past the frontal armour, but maybe that's just me! ;)

Anyway, with the XV75 and other suits that use the energy blades, what kind and thickness of plastic do you use? I may make some myself at some point.

Return to “Modelling”