New Battlesuits

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: New Battlesuits

Post#51 » Nov 08 2015 12:53

Thank you very much Sunaj!!! :D

Sunaj wrote:If you are still interested in doing a domed geometric energy shield, look no further than the humble football (international, not American) interlocking hexagons with pentagons as needed.

Of course, I'm studying the way to realize hexagons and pentagons with same dimensions from a transparent cover, solved this problem I'll add some of these shields to my models :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#52 » Nov 13 2015 01:41

Hi ATT

Now my old battlesuits are all completed and painted, so it's time to start new battlesuits (maybe two). These ware the old segment with XV7 Stratos, XV77 Energhya and XV78 Vulcan, battlesuits with a retro style, and the new segment with XV9-07 Shockwave and the other two new suits, that are more near to GW style, modern, thinking about XV9-07 is a small version of Ghostkeel.
So during these days I've worked on XV8-0? Bowshock, I've already made his chest:
For head I've copied the style of one of the XV9 Hazard battlesuit, for shoulders they are made with Green stuff and milliput! For weapons I've made small swords with plasticard, some weapon bits from firewarriors, and the blade is made in the same way of other transparent swords!!
For intake on the back I've used two drones glued all together, and I added and sculpted some parts (grill and inlet section) with green stuff, milliput and plasticard!
Comments are welcome as always :)

OnIn - Onos_Industries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#53 » Nov 13 2015 04:27

That one of my favorite of your battlesuits so far! I've liked your custom battlesuit work for a while, very skillful and inspiring! My one question would be; are you going to mount some ranged weapons on the sides of the jetpack in one way or another? I personally thing that burst cannons on some plastic rod (or something) or upwards-angled missile pods would look cool.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#54 » Nov 23 2015 10:20

Thank you so much Vaal' ke kovash'shi!!! Of course, I'd like to add a missle pod, as I've already done on XV9-07 :D

Hi ATT!!!
After XV8-07 (that is still under construction) I want to show you my last work.. I LOVE this suit, I fell in love with her during the construction work, it's XV75 Atlas :fear: :fear: :fear:
I've used some parts and bits from old battlesuits, it will be the same tonnage of XV78.
For head I've used a similar version of the XV78, this also the weapon, the Vibro sword. And it will be a little bit more bulky.
Color scheme will be the same of XV78!

What do you think? Feedback?

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#55 » Dec 16 2015 04:31

Good morning ATT!!!

Days passed, I've been really busy but now I'm here!
I've worked on my last battlesuit, XV75, I think it's at 90%, I must work on last details, small things.
This a bulky suit, more than XV78, made for long-term missions, I think it has the same size of Ghostkeel.

It is the biggest of my battlesuits!

Comments and critics are welcome as always!

OnIn - OnosIndustries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#56 » Dec 21 2015 04:04

Oooooh! Nice work, Onos! My new favorite of your battlesuits! Loving the complete thing, it's awesome!

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#57 » Jan 04 2016 08:57

Happy 2016 ATT!!!
Thank you very much Vaal' ke kovash'shi, glad to read that is your new fav suit, and it is also my new favourite battlesuit :P

In these days I've worked on my last suit starting the paintjob. I've finished the sensored head:

Now I'm starting its torso.
I've also worked on my Stingray Stealth Drone, painting the left wing and the body:

Comments and feedbacks are welcome as always!

OnIn - OnosIndustries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#58 » Jan 04 2016 11:24

My personal opinion with that suit would be to give it a bit of a neck, since the head doesn't look like it could rotate past the frontal armour, but maybe that's just me! ;)

Anyway, with the XV75 and other suits that use the energy blades, what kind and thickness of plastic do you use? I may make some myself at some point.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#59 » Jan 08 2016 12:43

For Vaal' ke kovash'shi:
I agree with you about neck, I'll probably pay more attention on this particular for next battlesuits!
About the thickness of the energy blade: I've used plastic with 1.5mm of thickness, however it is the plastic of a CD cover ;)

I've continued the painting job of my battlesuit, and these are the results:

Right arm without weathering:

Chest and right arm fitted together:

What do you think about it?

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#60 » Jan 09 2016 04:46

Ohhh, that's clever! Thanks for the info, I can use that technique now! The arm's looking nice by the way!

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Alternative Scratchbuilt Battlesuits

Post#61 » Jan 23 2016 11:08

Thank you very much Vaal' ke kovash'shi!! If you need help for the sword, please feel free to ask me everything ;)

These days I've worked on XV75 battlesuit, I'm at final stage of painting phase, I must finish right leg joint, right shin and feet. At this point this is the battlesuit:

What do you think? Feedbacks?

OnIn - Onos Industries

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#62 » Feb 13 2016 06:49

Hi ATT!!!

I've finally bought a GW box related to battlesuits, XV8 battlesuit team. But not the last version, the old one.
I've immediately begun the conversion work, and this is the result:

I've converted the chest sculpting new surfaces, similar to my XV78, I've also converted the rear side cutting the jetpacks and adding some intakes taken from the jetpack and changed the size of the knees.

For what concerns the weapon, I've tried to realize a fusion blade adding a transparent blade to a fusion cannon and scultping on it some flames with green stuff. Here the pic:

What do you think about this conversion? I'd like to convert the other two battlesuit in this way!

Cheers

OnIn - Onos Industries

redtide
Shas

Post#63 » Feb 14 2016 03:57

:fear: Wow, subscribed! Wonderful painting and work. I really like your camo and I'm quite inspired to try it my own. I also can't wait to see your custom XV8 painted! I'm sure that will look awesome.

Redback
Por

Post#64 » Feb 14 2016 05:30

I am not a fan of the blade but to me fair I have yet to see a fusion blade I like. However the rest of the model is great, up there with your other suits and I look forward to seeing it finished

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#65 » Feb 28 2016 06:53

Thank you very much Redback and Redtide!!!! Glad to read your comments :)

I've started to convert the second XV8, it will be the team leader of the XV8 group, so I've decided to realize something different from the first suit, with a big intake below the sensor head. This is the model:

What do you think?
Feedbacks and comments are welcome as always! :biggrin:

OnIn - Onos Industries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#66 » Feb 28 2016 10:36

Quick question - are your battlesuits RC or internally piloted? I personally think your models are very cool, but they look kinda like they have even less space for a pilot than the GW models...

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#67 » Apr 09 2016 11:24

For Vaal'ke kovash'shi: Starting from my XV8 to XV78, all my battlesuits are pilotated, if GW XV8 are considered "pilotated" also my battlesuits are pilotated, in fact I've modified XV8 increaseing its volume on chest, and XV78 is more bigger than XV88 Broadside (I think XV78 is perfect for a crew of two). Oh however thank you for the "cool" adjective :D

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#68 » Apr 10 2016 04:26

Oh, OK, I couldn't tell the scale without a comparison. Good to know that these suits would actually be more comfortable for pilots that the GW ones!

Return to “Modelling”