New Battlesuits

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Alternative Scratchbuilt Battlesuits

Post#61 » Jan 23 2016 11:08

Thank you very much Vaal' ke kovash'shi!! If you need help for the sword, please feel free to ask me everything ;)

These days I've worked on XV75 battlesuit, I'm at final stage of painting phase, I must finish right leg joint, right shin and feet. At this point this is the battlesuit:

What do you think? Feedbacks?

OnIn - Onos Industries

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: New Battlesuits

Post#62 » Feb 13 2016 06:49

Hi ATT!!!

I've finally bought a GW box related to battlesuits, XV8 battlesuit team. But not the last version, the old one.
I've immediately begun the conversion work, and this is the result:

I've converted the chest sculpting new surfaces, similar to my XV78, I've also converted the rear side cutting the jetpacks and adding some intakes taken from the jetpack and changed the size of the knees.

For what concerns the weapon, I've tried to realize a fusion blade adding a transparent blade to a fusion cannon and scultping on it some flames with green stuff. Here the pic:

What do you think about this conversion? I'd like to convert the other two battlesuit in this way!

Cheers

OnIn - Onos Industries

redtide
Shas

Post#63 » Feb 14 2016 03:57

:fear: Wow, subscribed! Wonderful painting and work. I really like your camo and I'm quite inspired to try it my own. I also can't wait to see your custom XV8 painted! I'm sure that will look awesome.

Redback
Por

Post#64 » Feb 14 2016 05:30

I am not a fan of the blade but to me fair I have yet to see a fusion blade I like. However the rest of the model is great, up there with your other suits and I look forward to seeing it finished

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#65 » Feb 28 2016 06:53

Thank you very much Redback and Redtide!!!! Glad to read your comments :)

I've started to convert the second XV8, it will be the team leader of the XV8 group, so I've decided to realize something different from the first suit, with a big intake below the sensor head. This is the model:

What do you think?
Feedbacks and comments are welcome as always! :biggrin:

OnIn - Onos Industries

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#66 » Feb 28 2016 10:36

Quick question - are your battlesuits RC or internally piloted? I personally think your models are very cool, but they look kinda like they have even less space for a pilot than the GW models...

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#67 » Apr 09 2016 11:24

For Vaal'ke kovash'shi: Starting from my XV8 to XV78, all my battlesuits are pilotated, if GW XV8 are considered "pilotated" also my battlesuits are pilotated, in fact I've modified XV8 increaseing its volume on chest, and XV78 is more bigger than XV88 Broadside (I think XV78 is perfect for a crew of two). Oh however thank you for the "cool" adjective :D

Vaal' ke kovash'shi
Shas

Post#68 » Apr 10 2016 04:26

Oh, OK, I couldn't tell the scale without a comparison. Good to know that these suits would actually be more comfortable for pilots that the GW ones!

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#69 » Apr 16 2016 07:30

I've finally completed my first XV8, I've modified its sensor head in order to be similar to the design of the new Firewarrior helmets (viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23545&p=309872#p309872).

I've given to the left arm a shield generator with the emblem of the Cadre, now it is similar to XV78 design but it also fits with my new unit thanks to the intakes on the sensor head, as I've made on the Firewarrior helmets:

What do you think? Comments and Feedbacks are welcome as always.

OnIn - Onos Industries

red'gue'vesa
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#70 » Apr 16 2016 04:07

Very nice. It's always great seeing new and original sculpts from you.
Live by the law, die by the sword

Raverrn
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#71 » Apr 16 2016 04:11

I love how spindly the suit is, but the Fusion Blaster is not anchored near firm enough in my opinion -it looks like it's floating off by itself!

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#72 » Apr 21 2016 12:11

Thank you so much red'gue'vesa :) :) :)

Thank you also to you Raverrn, I'm in accord with you with the anchorage of the fusion blaster, I'm going to fit this particular :)

So...

having lots of bits and casted pieces from my first own suit models, I've decided to realize a twin for my XV78 Vulcan.
During the sculpting and scratchbuilding work I've decided to try the adding of a custom (big) jetpack in order to fit better my suits models with the Tau design, and this is the result:

I like so much this addition to XV78 and for this reason I've decided to add a jetpack also on the first model :fear: :fear: :fear:

What do you think?

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#73 » Apr 26 2016 11:27

Excelsior¡... the desings are Tau indeed, but makes me think in another time period, 1st. expansion maybe? or the future...by the way, how many years has the BattleSuit and firewarriors combat armor desing?, I mean, I see the same kind of Armors and Suits in the ilustrations of Farsight early years, that the ones seen again in the last Damocles books¡, don't you think is kinda weird?

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#74 » May 09 2016 10:04

I'm in accord with you El ZorDack, Farsight Enclaves design (and all that belong to the Farsight Enclave idea) need something different IMHO in its design, not only a change in colour scheme. Think about Lord Dirk art work :biggrin:

However I've added jetpack to the previous XV78 and this is the result:

Another with Firewarriors

I've also started the painting of the XV8:

What do you think?

OnIn - Onos Industries

joc-wi
Shas

Post#75 » May 09 2016 02:46

The "design-vibe" they have is... unusual. It's like a déjà vu from something that might have originated in the eighties...
I really like it. It works best in those photos where it is combined with other units from your army. Those other units give the design a "setting" and a coherency - it fits in very well, far better than it would in a regular Tau army.

Raverrn
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#76 » May 09 2016 07:06

Yeah, that group shot really gives you the scale of the thing. I think it's fabulous.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#77 » Jun 13 2016 04:47

Thank you joc-wi!!! I'm in accord with you, it has much more sense in its group with the same design, and it has been designed and thought exactly for this reason, to be coherent with this "retro" and "sci-fi/apocalyptic" beheviour. :)

Thank you also to you Raverrn! It is a little bit "high" respect the infantry :P

In the beginning I've realized XV78 for my Cadre commander, but then I've decided to make another XV78. Having two exemplar of XV78 I've decided to realize another battlesuit for my commander, something similar to the XV78 but more "experimental" respect the two previous exemplars... so this is my XV72 Vulcan TESTYPE, it should be the testype before the realization of the mass production models:

I've used some parts of my dismissed battlesuits, realizing a battlesuit with a design that is very similar to the Vulcan Mass Production design. This is the model without weapons, instead this is the model with two swords (I've changed a little bit also the design of the weapon, infact in this version the "blade" is not transparent, it is made from a coloured plastic, something brown or similar, and the tip is not sharp but rounded):

What do you think?
Feedbacks, critics and suggestions are welcome as always!

OnIn - Onos Industries

BabaGanoosh
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#78 » Jun 13 2016 11:33

Onos wrote:Thank you joc-wi!!! I'm in accord with you, it has much more sense in its group with the same design, and it has been designed and thought exactly for this reason, to be coherent with this "retro" and "sci-fi/apocalyptic" beheviour. :)

Thank you also to you Raverrn! It is a little bit "high" respect the infantry :P

In the beginning I've realized XV78 for my Cadre commander, but then I've decided to make another XV78. Having two exemplar of XV78 I've decided to realize another battlesuit for my commander, something similar to the XV78 but more "experimental" respect the two previous exemplars... so this is my XV72 Vulcan TESTYPE, it should be the testype before the realization of the mass production models:

I've used some parts of my dismissed battlesuits, realizing a battlesuit with a design that is very similar to the Vulcan Mass Production design. This is the model without weapons, instead this is the model with two swords (I've changed a little bit also the design of the weapon, infact in this version the "blade" is not transparent, it is made from a coloured plastic, something brown or similar, and the tip is not sharp but rounded):

What do you think?
Feedbacks, critics and suggestions are welcome as always!

OnIn - Onos Industries

I really love the forearms and hands on this model; what parts are those and do you have other angles of view on them?

Return to “Modelling”