New Battlesuits

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: New Battlesuits

Post#81 » Jul 11 2016 10:59

Pity I have been so flat out in RL; great thread - always wondered what would happened when you Onosified a regualr XV8.

Gorgeous work as usual.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#82 » Jul 30 2016 08:31

BabaGanoosh wrote:I really love the forearms and hands on this model; what parts are those and do you have other angles of view on them?

For BabaGanoosh: as I promised some posts ago here three pics about the single arm with more details:

For Calmsword: The transparent plastic that I usually employ comes from the rigid CD cover, for coloured transparent plastic, you can find it everywhere, for exemple from a ruler, at home I've green, brown and orange plastic to use! hexagon are made with a cutter.

For Tael: Don't worry Tael ;)
Tael wrote:always wondered what would happened when you Onosified a regualr XV8.
you have created a new verb: Onosifing! It is an honour for me :D :D :D
Thank you so much for your comment!!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#83 » Jul 30 2016 07:11

Hahah.. you're welcome, works quite well as a word too.

"The apparent stylistic tones of onosification are clearly apparent in the etched hexography across the plastic substrate.."

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#84 » Aug 23 2016 09:58

Tael wrote:"The apparent stylistic tones of onosification are clearly apparent in the etched hexography across the plastic substrate.."

Hi ATT!!!

In these days I've worked on an old project that, during its evolution, changed a lot but maintains its general idea. It all starts from this picture found on DeviantArt by Artcobain years ago:

I've also made an auxiliary model following this design two or three years ago!

The idea was a sort of model representing an errant alien or group of aliens, carrying on their backs bags and other things, like desert bedouins, following the stream of the design of Artcobain but in my case with a Tau Empire style. So two months ago I've decided to realize a group of big errant battlesuits (instead of simple aliens), heavily weathered, merging my actual battlesuits style with the idea shown previously. These are the pics of the sculpted chest:

and some painted pics:

I've also started to paint its weaponry:

And I've other two of these that I'm going to paint in these weeks!

What do you think about these miniatures?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#85 » Aug 24 2016 08:15

What do I think he says so casually. ;)

I've seen that artwork before and really like the idea of incidental aliens that tau can come across in more campaign driven battles. I'm actually working toward this myself also - aiming to have a small combat team that do "interesting" missions.

The model so far look very cool and I like the idea of extended deployment in any unit for that extra level of detail.

So far this guy looks like a Fio'Ui in a long range survey role, exploring a region for potential habitation/mining etc.

- Tael. :)

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#86 » Jan 16 2017 08:31

Hi to all ATT!!!
I've been far away from here for work and university, but sometimes I've time to work on my Tau and to post something! And I'm glad to see that the site has a new (WONDERFUL) restyling!!! It is AMAZING!!!

I've worked on two small models but also on a big battlesuit, in fact I've finished my second XV78, base included!

I've used the same colour scheme of my previous XV78, but this is heavily weathered.

What do you think? Comments and questions are always welcome!

OnIn

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#87 » Jan 29 2017 09:59

Again the really impressive details and etching - the collection is definitely unique and I always admire your ochre tones for the colour scheme. At a glance there appears very little original kit parts, is this model a complete scratchbuild?

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#88 » Feb 03 2017 07:11

Thak you very much Tael, glad to read your appreciations about the colour scheme :)
For what concernes the sculpting, XV78 is completely scratchbuilt and handmade, only four small pieces come from Tau Empire kits, two small antennas are on the left and right knees of XV78, the other two pieces, a small antenna and the small shield generator, are on the left arm, the first on the top of the cannon and the second near the hand.
Torso, intakes, arms, legs, hands, feet, sensors and sensor head, jetpaks and weaponry are completely handmade!

OnIn - Onos Industries

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#89 » Feb 07 2017 02:23

Never cease to impress, thanks for the rundown of parts and mods :)

Return to “Modelling”