New Battlesuits

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
De'terra
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Re: New Battlesuits

Post#19 » Jul 14 2015 02:24

Now this is original!
Excellent modelling.

Oh look, he's also a fantastic painter...
As much as I hate the threads that make me want to throw out my models and start anew, I love the presence of such talent on the board here. :D

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#20 » Jul 22 2015 10:31

Thank you De'terra!!! :D I'm really happy to read some kind of comments!!!

During these days I'm working on this battlesuit, XV77 Energhya, same structures of XV78 Vulcan, but with more XV7 Stratos details.

Next evening I'm going to work on right arm and on the base!

What do you think? Feedback??

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#21 » Jul 29 2015 07:25

Hi ATT!

This is time of holiday, and before the voyage I'm posting last updates!!!

First pictures come from XV7's torso with some details of his burst cannon:

Next updates come from XV77, completed:

What do you think ATT???
Last edited by Onos on Aug 10 2015 09:11, edited 1 time in total.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#22 » Jul 30 2015 10:50

Someone said me that broadside head on this suit could be better! I've choosen this typology because it's hard to find a sensored head like this! What do you think? Feedback?

imran_tauyab
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#23 » Jul 30 2015 11:16

I really like this. I'd use it as a drone battlesuit.

The different chest proportions make it looks like it's housing an advanced AI.
Hailing from Sept Elsy'eir

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » Aug 04 2015 04:40

Hi all ATT!

For imran_tauyab:
Nice the possibility of the AI in battlesuit's chest, I was thinking to a two-seater suit but also AI in chest looks interesting!!!

Now it's time to posting pics!!!
I've finally completed XV7 Stratos, I've scratchbuilt its legs, this is on of them:

What do you think? Feedback????

DiMu
Shas

Post#25 » Aug 04 2015 05:15

Awesome job Onos! Those retro thrusters on the knee of the legs make the model more tauish! I like that...
For the AI in the chest I would like to point out that in FSE supplement they states that inside a normal XV88 shas'o Ob'lotai keeps being "loaded" in form of a AI in a computer. Then it seems to me that no bigger torsos are needed to fit an advanced AI, but maybe I'm wrong with the background of your army! :roll:
Keep going, I'm waiting for new pics!!!

Have fun

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: New Battlesuits (and new Remoras)

Post#26 » Aug 10 2015 09:07

Thank you very much DiMu!!!
About AI loaded, this is only a possibility, in fact my first idea was the two seated battlesuit, XV70series's size are in the middle between Broadsides and Riptides so two seated suit is a possible solution!

Now it's time of posting..

More detailed pics of XV7 Stratos:

Now I'm working on other two small battlesuit, more similar to XV8 Crisis, they come from this artwork drawn by myself:

So I've started working on those two suits, First is XV87 Recall, from a base structure made by lego I've sculpted his surface with a mixture of Green Stuff and Milliput Black:

Then I've realized his arm and weapon, weapon style is the same of XV78's sword:

Then I've worked on XV49 Shockwave, similar to XV87 but more bulky, his weapon is an experiment:

Moreover do you remember my old Remora alternative project, this?

I've decided to modified and converted to make them more similar to actual Remoras, those are my Ray Stealth Fighter Drones:

What do you think about those works? Feedback???

De'terra
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#27 » Aug 10 2015 10:09

I am speechless.
I like my battlesuits big and clunky. But this .... this is something.
I would love to provide feedback but this is so far out of my league that it wouldn't matter :D

Could you fill me in on how you did the energy sword / shield effect? I'm baffled by it!

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#28 » Aug 10 2015 11:41

Onos wrote:Image

Wow, that is something new. I really like the direction you've taken the form and shape of the suit. This will no doubt create all new gestures and dynamics when it comes to posing. If I could, I would like to state that while I don't dislike the lozenge shapes you are creating, I think they would be better if they had hard edges. Maybe more symmetry could help, as the forgeworld XV-88's are very curvy and they seem to work well.

All in all, I think you've been doing some magnificent work and I hope you continue to experiment with shapes and designs. :D

Co'da
Shas

Post#29 » Aug 10 2015 02:13

Onos wrote:from a base structure made by lego I've sculpted his surface with a mixture of Green Stuff and Milliput

Okay, that is too freaking clever. You are one amazing sculptor, too!

Shas'o Mont'Be'Gel
Shas

Post#30 » Aug 13 2015 05:29

These are rather quite lovely. If and when I start up a small Tau force, I'm going to try make my own battle suits. Thank you, you're an inspiration to us all.

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#31 » Aug 18 2015 04:57

Thank you very much to all for your comments! I'm so happy to read a lot of positive feedback and your tips and point of view are really stimulating :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

For De'terra:

Small WIP

The realization of the Vibro Sword is the following.. I begin from a CD cover, I make a modelling knife scorching with the help of kitchen cooker, then I cut the CD cover with the scorching knife. The raw sword now has thick edges, with a small rasp I smooth them paying attention to don't scratch the transparent surface. The final step is the realization of the hexagons. I draw them on the transparent surface with cutter in a delicate way, but I do this only on one side, in particular the rear side. Maybe the first times will be not a perfect work, but with a little of experience you could realize fantastic swords

;)

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#32 » Aug 21 2015 10:43

I really like all of you models but the last XV77 just seems to have ahead that is a little to short for the chest hight. I just think of how optica work and he couldn't see below his chest. Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. Keep up the great work.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#33 » Aug 30 2015 03:54

Thank you very much Chris in the socal, this is an interesting note! I've thought to this when I started the scratchbuilt work, for this reason I've added on chest four sensors to solve this problem, infact chest sensors weren't in the original project.
However thank you for having raised this doubt :D

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#34 » Sep 18 2015 09:10

Hi ATT!!!
During these days I've followed the question of the new releases. Really interesting new stuff, nice the Stormsurge (I hope in the double kit with arms), and wordeful the Ghostkeel, my only criticism is on the sensored head, I'm not a big fan of the stealth sensored head style (XV22 and XV25 and now XV95).
I'm striked by the Ghostkeel style but worried about size and prize. In fact, considering that it will be smaller than a Riptide but bigger than a Broadside, I think that the prize will be around 50-55 Euros!! Too much..
So, inspired by this style and surfaces, I've decided to sculpt a small battlesuit with similar surfaces, these are some pics of the upper torso and lower torso, the base model is realized with cutted lego blocks and cutted bionicle bits, then the livery is sculpted with a mixture of Green Stuff and Milliput Black for some part, for other only with Green Stuff:

This is the upper chest completely sculpted, now I'm going to scratch the rear side to smooth the surfaces. Sensored head comes from another scratchbuilt battlesuit now dismissed:

Comments are welcome as always!

OnIn - Onos Industries

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#35 » Sep 18 2015 09:18

I like your modeling skills and your suits in general, however this one gives me pause... The chest piece really looks too big for the location that it's in and would completely obstruct the heads view when looking forward. Any chance it could be lowered a bit?

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#36 » Sep 20 2015 05:48

Thank you very much Deepstrike!
However I've scratched a little and now this is the situation:

I've added also a pair of sensors on the bottom of the chest:

I think that the composition of the three sensors can give to the pilot a complete vision of the landscape in fromt of him, this makes me think to the entrance of the pilot in an exoskeleton in Titanfall :fear:

Return to “Modelling”