Advanced Armory Project

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Cal'Tau'va
Shas

Re: Advanced Armory Project

Post#101 » Sep 29 2015 02:39

Holy Cow!!

Only just found this thread and I want all of them!

Soooo many conversion options... the wife will not be happy...

Really great work
When I tried seeing things your way I got a headache.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#102 » Oct 01 2015 10:09

I'm in for the kickstarter and have passed on this post to over 10 of my fellow tau players and 8 said they were in, and they loved them.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Shasfio
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#103 » Oct 16 2015 09:30

Good news everybody!

Sorry for being silent folks but I've been swamped lately.

right now the basic mech arms, rotary cannon, mag, the shoulder missile pod, the basic box one, the triangle missile pod, the autocannon, the high yield ion rifle, and the PACs are in production with the printers, and in november they'll be set up for reproduction.

Look forward to more updates as I receive them.

Shasfio
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#104 » Nov 03 2015 08:45

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! FEAR THE CREATION!

Lets start with the PACs, someone let Tael know

More missile pods, including conforming fast packs

here we have the engine manifold for medium suits

example of new arm (a bit smaller than expected but obviously still turned out okay), with the Ion carronade of course

example of the MAG equiped to a non standard arm

and lastly a new project from the other half of Studio Mythos, our resident artist GorFrag

More pics soon, with better quality with casts being produced throughout the month. Keep tuned here folks, fun stuff comming.

Shasfio
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#105 » Jan 26 2017 04:19

Well folks I'm alive again finally. Not 100% up and running again yet but getting there.

Last year I found myself on the wrong end of a speedy encounter with a 2014 International (dump truck) under full load. This incident totalled my car (replaced) along with around three grand of hobby materiel (still duking it out with the insurance company). Needless to say this put a major crimp in my desire to keep designing. This coupled with the expiration of my CAD program licence meant I was out of the loop for pretty much all of last year.

Now though the lab is back up and running and soon more designs will flow forth.

Also with the addition of newer and better resolution materials from shapeways hopefully we will see the first production runs of the mech weaponry in the next 2-3 months.

Fixed my 3D modeling program situation - check
Got work settled out for free time to design - check
Physical tools - negative (need battery for calipers)
Base models - negative (original models lost in crash)
Access to 3D printer - half check (still using shapeways)
New inspiration - kinda (need more but have a few new ideas)

Okay so I've been working the last week on the idea of a small drone mech that would fit nicely on a 40-50mm base and be compatible with the weapons I've done so far. It's the kind of idea that fits with the Arowana in that in my head it's for forces that have limited materiel and even more limited personnel. Just like how the gekko inspired the Arowana, this new idea was inspired by D-walker

I've been working with my buddy GorFrag to come up with some unique parts for this guy since he'll be my first scratch-up design

ImageImageImage

Well there we go, I'm probably going to stick with the boxy body from the inspirational source but I'm definitely glad I got GorFrag to help me along. Now I'm gonna need a ruler and some grid paper, gotta work out proportions before I really hit this thing hammer and tongs.

Still on the schedule:
-high heat close in weapon
-legs for the Arowana (so it'll be a full OR conversion kit)
-pile driver gauntlet
-better grenade launcher
-something that werfs flammen
-possible smaller turret
-possible rapid deployment barricades

So I'm back, lemme know what you think and feel free to offer up inspiration and ideas, I might even use a few.

Shas'kamont'yr
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#106 » Jan 26 2017 12:53

I love your models. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Shasfio
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#107 » Jan 27 2017 12:23

Minor update, I now have the base proportions for the drone (Crisis suit used only for scale)

Waiting for end of month before I order the print production run of basic mech weaponry. If you're interested in a specific piece please let me know, I will not be ordering everything, only select items.

Right now I'm probably going to be starting with rail rifles, PACs, ion carronade, several missile pods, and tri-barrels.

Update 1356 : 1/28/17

Here's the first shot of the main body in progress. I'm not sure how I'm going to get detail but I'll probably work on it after I finish the legs.

Icknaybob
Shas'Saal

Post#108 » Jan 29 2017 06:36

Just discovered this post! Hope everything worked out after the accident. I'm looking forward to getting some of your 3D printed goods. Also...did you friend ever finish his female Tau project?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#109 » Jan 29 2017 10:13

Dang this crazy Christmas and workload January - PACs!! Brilliant :D

Look forward to some paint on these guys and previews of the walker design ;)

Shasfio
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#110 » Jan 30 2017 03:38

Icknaybob wrote:Just discovered this post! Hope everything worked out after the accident. I'm looking forward to getting some of your 3D printed goods. Also...did you friend ever finish his female Tau project?
Sadly no, he tends to get distracted fairly easily and is currently working on daemons since they don't need any hard surfaces.

Tael wrote:Dang this crazy Christmas and workload January - PACs!! Brilliant :D

Look forward to some paint on these guys and previews of the walker design ;)
Here ya go. I'm reprinting the PACs now since Shapeways has better quality (and cheaper) material. Smooth production willing I'll have a painted production run before march.

Starting out with the base framework, now we have the body, pelvic joint, thigh and the calf taking shape.

Added a nice targeter gubbin to the top of the cannon along with detail on the top and bottom.

More detail for these parts that were pretty bland when designed.

Yeah got a good bit of work done today (no work woo!)

By the way, my current turret design is around 64mm wide at the legs. Do we think this is too big, or just right?

I'm also looking at designing a smaller ion weapon with a rear positioned chamber (not sure if open or not, you tell me)

Shasfio
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#111 » Feb 02 2017 03:13

Calmsword wrote:I think a really big thing that needs to happen is more 'tech bitz'

It's hard enough to get some of the more exotic targeters and equipment 'flare' from the broadside/stealth boxes- maybe you could try your hand at just making additional antennas ect.

I personally would love armor plating to upgrade regular suits as well as camera pods which you exampled earlier.
Here's the start, Happy now?

It stands 5.011mm tall with a 1mm peg on the bottom sized to fit snugly into certain models (I hope)

Yeah I know I'm late on something like this but I figure better late than never.

On the Betta I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board for proportions on it because it doesn't seem to get balanced no matter how I set up the parts.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#112 » Feb 02 2017 06:19

Look at all of these! If you haven't already, give our 3D Conversion Resource a glance.

Shasfio
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#113 » Jul 02 2017 11:56

Okay so update since I'm now getting PMs regarding this stuff.

My resin casting capability is currently nil. I have lost access to my facility and equipment.

That said I will try to get these models put up on shapeways under multiple materials.

If anyone has any ideas to get these designs out faster (better printing sites, 3rd party casters who want to produce them) let me know.

The more interest shown the more likely I get off my behind and start modeling again.

Co0n
Shas'Saal

Post#114 » Jul 08 2017 04:37

I can see none of the photos :-(

TauMan
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#115 » Jul 08 2017 05:26

Co0n wrote:I can see none of the photos :-(

That's thanks to Photobucket which members have been using for many years on the A.T.T. forum. They changed their policy on third party hosting, hence the photos with the strange "Please Update Your Account..." photos.

No one is happy about this.

TauMan
Viro’los gu brath!
N.Y.A.B.X.T.T.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#116 » Jul 18 2017 10:28

Shasfio wrote:Okay so update since I'm now getting PMs regarding this stuff.

My resin casting capability is currently nil. I have lost access to my facility and equipment.

That said I will try to get these models put up on shapeways under multiple materials.

If anyone has any ideas to get these designs out faster (better printing sites, 3rd party casters who want to produce them) let me know.

The more interest shown the more likely I get off my behind and start modeling again.

Still thinking about putting a few things on Shapeways?

Return to “Modelling”