Advanced Armory Project

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
modelglue
Kor'El

Re: Advanced Armory Project

Post#81 » Aug 13 2015 10:11

Shasfio wrote:Question for the crowd though. Is anyone but me interested in "closed" missile bays? Like hinged door missile launchers in the shut position like this?

Oh yes. While the simplistic domed missiles of the XV's are nice in their own way, I prefer the GBP style boxes with hatch detail myself. Paulson's Mechafront miniatures and accessories also sport this style and they look great on the '88.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui

Post#82 » Aug 13 2015 12:01

I'm just in love . Every thing you make I want. I am praying for a kickstarter of whatever it take for these mech parts to come to me. I love the detail you pit into all of these weapons.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Shas'o Sithe
Shas'Saal

Post#83 » Aug 13 2015 12:12

Shasfio wrote:Once again new project new post.

Here we have some nice tools to get you in close with your target.

Starting with a single blade, I figure mostly people will simply touch down the edge and paint this in some nice neon colors as an energy blade.

Down here we have better detail and a different blade (both to be available) The system is a unique hand, forearm shield, and blade all slotted and easily to assemble.

I've always thought that once you get to a certain tech level it's less mass and kinetic force and more energy fields etc. So I thought about it and said what the heck and did both. First we have the energy field generators lining the sides of the gauntlet, followed by the larger casing with a "knuckle buster" (thank you Masami Obari) inspired design. I figure it works on amplification of kinetic force, less zappy more just crunch.
ImageImage

Still having a hard time getting that plasma torch design onto paper,mini gatling, major gatling, and then maybe a mech head or two. I'm not sure where to go from there, maybe I'll finish a full mech body for that head. Maybe I could do a mech portable mortar or maybe a mini submunition system.

Ideas anyone?

I've always pictured the fusion blades like the omni blade in mass effect.

Just an idea to go off from...

SinisterSamurai
Kor'La

Post#84 » Aug 13 2015 04:43

Shasfio wrote:ImageImage

I like this. I would definitely use this as an Onegar Gauntlet, and I might even put it on a Big-O style pile driver arm.
Shasfio wrote:Image

As someone else pointed out, the diagonal cylinders underneath will help it blend in nicely with some of the Paulson parts I'll be getting, and help tie portions of my army together. It's also just a good design.

Warhound
Shas

Post#85 » Aug 14 2015 07:02

Ok- favourites so far:
(in order of awesomeness!)
Big Gun (ion with triple chambered magazine)- please do make this- a great alternate for a Riptide!
Mag Rifle
Ion Carronade
Turret
Burst cannon
Knuckle Buster

Missile pod alternates with open hatches would be my vote (camfered rod ends for the missiles)

Keep this up sir, you can have my cash too (Paulson already has lots of mine! lol)

all the best

Warhound
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

Shasfio
Shas

Post#86 » Aug 14 2015 01:22

Okay folks here's the start of the rocket propelled munitions, first the hard hitting dumbfires means for standard rigging.

I wanted something simple so I pulled inspiration from classic Macross designs and came up with this. I might tweak it a little bit before casting but it's pretty well and done, it's not meant to have a wealth of detail due to it's size, not even 17mm long and each hatch is a little fraction bigger than the rockets we're used to.

The next one is gonna be a basic 6 slot rectangle to be prepped with smart munitions. I'm also gonna tweak the arm just a hair to make mounting other people weapons a bit easier.

Edit 1522

Okay step one for the smart munitions. Open may come someday but for now I'm just gonna go with sealed for simplicity's sake.
Last edited by Shasfio on Aug 14 2015 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

Deepstrike
Shas

Post#87 » Aug 14 2015 01:42

Ok, now you're going too far!!! How am I supposed to abstain from purchasing if you're going this route?

Now all you have to do is design the launchers that form to the contours of the crisis suits and I'll be a deadman.... Wife'll kill me. :neutral: :::(

Shasfio
Shas

Post#88 » Aug 14 2015 03:21

Okay now I may pull the panel lines but I kind of like the idea of each section being self contained.

I got one more idea to setup for rockets before I take a break. Class for me starts monday and hopefully I'll still find plenty of time to work on these.

Edit 1646

Deepstrike wrote:Ok, now you're going too far!!! How am I supposed to abstain from purchasing if you're going this route?

Now all you have to do is design the launchers that form to the contours of the crisis suits and I'll be a deadman.... Wife'll kill me. :neutral: :::(
While I dunno about specifically designing parts for other companies' models I do have this design specced for attaching to a model's shoulder and inspired again by Macross with the smart packs they used to have.

Well that's 3 missile packs for you folks. I can guarantee you that when I get around to designing a medium mech it will be taking inspiration from Shoji Kawamori and Masamune Shirow mechanical designs.

Edit 1811

Alternate version of the 2nd rocket set.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#89 » Aug 14 2015 05:16

Beauty.

I'm liking the panel lines in the 6-pack SMS. The shoulder mounted GBP styled box is pretty too. The MP looks nice in the triangular configuration but I feel the details there are a bit generic. Just an outside opinion though. I think if you enhanced the exit bulges with some vent detail, then they would really start to work. But I understand the scale is minute and that may not translate well to a printed piece.

Shasfio
Shas

Post#90 » Aug 14 2015 06:12

modelglue wrote:Beauty.

I'm liking the panel lines in the 6-pack SMS. The shoulder mounted GBP styled box is pretty too. The MP looks nice in the triangular configuration but I feel the details there are a bit generic. Just an outside opinion though. I think if you enhanced the exit bulges with some vent detail, then they would really start to work. But I understand the scale is minute and that may not translate well to a printed piece.

Okay I admit I wasn't fully happy with the first rocket pod detail so here we go.

Fore

And Rear

And I think the last of the 2nd pod

Also tweaked the HGL a bit and I think it's improved.

Return to “Modelling”