Advanced Armory Project

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Deepstrike
Shas

Re: Advanced Armory Project

Post#91 » Aug 14 2015 08:51

Shasfio wrote:Okay now I may pull the panel lines but I kind of like the idea of each section being self contained.

I got one more idea to setup for rockets before I take a break. Class for me starts monday and hopefully I'll still find plenty of time to work on these.

Edit 1646

Deepstrike wrote:Ok, now you're going too far!!! How am I supposed to abstain from purchasing if you're going this route?

Now all you have to do is design the launchers that form to the contours of the crisis suits and I'll be a deadman.... Wife'll kill me. :neutral: :::(
While I dunno about specifically designing parts for other companies' models I do have this design specced for attaching to a model's shoulder and inspired again by Macross with the smart packs they used to have.

Well that's 3 missile packs for you folks. I can guarantee you that when I get around to designing a medium mech it will be taking inspiration from Shoji Kawamori and Masamune Shirow mechanical designs.

Edit 1811

Alternate version of the 2nd rocket set.

Yup, it's official... "I HATE YOU!!!" Meanyo. :::(

They look amazing!!! Nicely done!

I might have to convince the wife to let me get a hold of a set of these to see how they'll look mounted, then go from there...

Shasfio
Shas

Post#92 » Aug 18 2015 07:23

Okay folks it's not a production piece but just a test prototype (not bad for 12 bucks)

Gentlemen BEHOLD!

ALL the derail is there so ogle if you will and

Biddo
Shas'Ui

Post#93 » Aug 18 2015 07:33

wow that looks fantastic! great work Shasfio!
Want your crisis suits to have hands? try my guide

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#94 » Aug 19 2015 05:14

Very nice! I'm curious, does it just happen to be the right size to fit Crisis Suits, or their bulkier brothers? :P

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#95 » Aug 19 2015 08:43

That is pretty impressive.

Nice work, I can't wait until I can get my hands on a few copies. Did you post any to shapeways?

Shasfio
Shas

Post#96 » Aug 19 2015 10:15

Orpheus Hangar wrote:Very nice! I'm curious, does it just happen to be the right size to fit Crisis Suits, or their bulkier brothers? :P
While these are part of an eventual larger mech I do have some pictures here for your benefit.

When I start getting the production masters in I'll do proper pinups with fresh built models for better pictures but for now unfortunately I only have black primed models.

modelglue wrote:Nice work, I can't wait until I can get my hands on a few copies. Did you post any to shapeways?
Most items are posted up there but due to the material needed and cleanup they're 14-20 bucks each, resin remolds will be MUCH cheaper than that.

Production of masters should commence fully in mid September due to lack of funds. Anyone looking to contribute to the Master Production Fund can do so through paypal (othryades@gmail.com). Anyone wishing to commission me for design and production work can do so through othryades.mythos@gmail.com. Anyone who wants to view the 3d models wholly can do so through my shapeways store here. Spread the world folks and spread the tumblr.

modelglue
Kor'El

Post#97 » Aug 19 2015 04:01

Looks like the patient hunter discipline will be needed here...

I looked at your shapeways page, but I only see 4 items. No pressure, I can wait until you start casting for quantity vs. cost I see myself wanting/needing.

Shasfio
Shas

Post#98 » Aug 19 2015 09:59

modelglue wrote:Looks like the patient hunter discipline will be needed here...

I looked at your shapeways page, but I only see 4 items. No pressure, I can wait until you start casting for quantity vs. cost I see myself wanting/needing.
More items will be added soon, but they'll still be 12-20 each until we start casting.

I now have better pics of the weapon mounted to a model.

On another note, I'd like for everyone to do me a small favor. My partners and I are considering a kickstarter to put this little project into full buisness mode. I am trying to gauge interest and viability so folks I need your help.

What would you like to see model wise?
Would you be interested in backing this as a full kickstarter project?
Do you have other members of your gaming group that are interested in the models produced thus far?

Lemme know what you folks think, I'm getting shouted at to do a kickstarter from some of my local friends and certain more prominent individuals, I'm starting to think it's worth looking in to.

Blueshock
Shas'Vre

Post#99 » Aug 20 2015 12:35

Love the battlesuit torso extensions. The gun perfectly fits the arm size too which I like. The rail rifles the broadsides use always seemed a bit huge for a str 8 weapon imo.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

ShasODerpy
Shas'Ui

Post#100 » Aug 20 2015 06:40

I could definatly see myself backing a small Kickstarter for supporting the creation of these bits!
Unfortunatly I am very much the only Tau-foccused player in my local gaming area, so I'll doubt me asking around would find me much interest in a tau-themed project.

Having only ever funded 2 projects, I'm by no means an expert when it comes to Kickstarter. But it might be an idea to set up seperate backings for each design (or group them into sets). This way whatever doesn't get backed could turn out unfeasible to produce.

Shasfio wrote:What would you like to see model wise?
So far my personal favorites would be the Ion- and Rail-Rifles. I'm still hoping you decide on a shoulder + shoulder pad aswell!

Blueshock wrote:Love the battlesuit torso extensions. The gun perfectly fits the arm size too which I like. The rail rifles the broadsides use always seemed a bit huge for a str 8 weapon imo.
Especially when compared to the teensy-tiny S9 Lascannons!... :?

-Derp
Shas'O 50mm, the Foresighted
WIP Tau

Return to “Modelling”