3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: 3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post#163 » Sep 16 2017 09:15

I really like both versions but I don't think that any design that's still true to the T'au designs can match the coolness of a Space Marine Assault Cannon. :P

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#164 » Sep 16 2017 12:27

MikeMurdock wrote:man Kael'yn. That cowl variant I am loving more than the current Burst cannon design. it still shows that it's a battlesuit burst cannon yet not exposing the barrels to being destroyed by even a stubber. guessing the slots on it are venting ports so the barrels won't heat up?

Actually, I reused the details of the Ghostkeel barrel. Since the crisis does not need to be stealthy, the barrel heat could be vented out rather than being cooled internally (that's why the other design also have vents: cowl is just here to protect barells)

Panzer wrote:I really like both versions but I don't think that any design that's still true to the T'au designs can match the coolness of a Space Marine Assault Cannon. :P

Challenge accepted (two for the price of one):
Barrel could be swapped ...

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#165 » Sep 16 2017 01:18

Kael'yn wrote:...

Panzer wrote:I really like both versions but I don't think that any design that's still true to the T'au designs can match the coolness of a Space Marine Assault Cannon. :P

Challenge accepted ...

Nailed it! :D

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#166 » Sep 16 2017 09:05

Kael'yn wrote:
MikeMurdock wrote:man Kael'yn. That cowl variant I am loving more than the current Burst cannon design. it still shows that it's a battlesuit burst cannon yet not exposing the barrels to being destroyed by even a stubber. guessing the slots on it are venting ports so the barrels won't heat up?

Actually, I reused the details of the Ghostkeel barrel. Since the crisis does not need to be stealthy, the barrel heat could be vented out rather than being cooled internally (that's why the other design also have vents: cowl is just here to protect barells)

Amazing how such a small difference can make or break a thing. You got me with that. Take my money (as soon as I find a use for Burst Cannons). :o

1ofmany
Shas'Saal

Post#167 » Sep 17 2017 06:13

:) Nice design. The big problem I have with it is that the GW concept of the burst cannon is flawed. The barrels go from wide to smal, if you would prolong the lines of the barrels they would toch. That would be the sweet spot to kill some one. If the target is farther away the bullets from the top barrel wil go down an the bullets from the lower wil go up... That is if the do not fier at ones if they do the bullets would hit one an other in the sweet spot. ...... Burst cannon suggest it fiers in bursts so not one at a time..... The Army is testing burst cannons and they can fire faster than a rotating barreled gun .....

So happy it is a fantasy game ;)

Now if I look at your nice design it looks like the output nuzzle is lower than the lowest barrel, this could be a point of view picture thing, so in real life it is good :)

Thanks

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#168 » Sep 17 2017 01:56

1ofmany wrote::) Nice design. The big problem I have with it is that the GW concept of the burst cannon is flawed. The barrels go from wide to smal, if you would prolong the lines of the barrels they would toch. That would be the sweet spot to kill some one. If the target is farther away the bullets from the top barrel wil go down an the bullets from the lower wil go up... That is if the do not fier at ones if they do the bullets would hit one an other in the sweet spot. ...... Burst cannon suggest it fiers in bursts so not one at a time..... The Army is testing burst cannons and they can fire faster than a rotating barreled gun .....

So happy it is a fantasy game ;)

Now if I look at your nice design it looks like the output nuzzle is lower than the lowest barrel, this could be a point of view picture thing, so in real life it is good :)

Thanks

<Science hat:on> Burst convergence is something done by design (intentionnally or not by GW): BC fire plasma streams which are ionized, meaning electrically charged, and potentially with the same charge (positive is the electrons are removed). So if you fire parallel positives streams, they repel themselves and fan out. By firing convergent positive streams, they converge, get parallel and then spread out, meaning that you keep an accurate burst for a longer distance.

Image was the prototype version put together in an hour, it is now refined and the muzzle is now inline with the barrels.

El ZorDacK
Shas'Saal

Post#169 » Sep 17 2017 04:56

Excelent desing and explanation, the XV25 's looks more like assault troops than infiltrators to me, why assault like guns? Would not be better silent railguns?... ;)

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#170 » Sep 17 2017 11:14

El ZorDacK wrote:Excelent desing and explanation, the XV25 's looks more like assault troops than infiltrators to me, why assault like guns? Would not be better silent railguns?... ;)

Because their purpose is to reveal themselves behind enemy lines and cause havoc and confusion. Works better with a loud and flashy gun.
Plus the stealth technology also cloaks their noise and other signatures, not just their visibility. ;)

Kealeth
Shas

Post#171 » Sep 23 2017 10:08

Really good work, I like everything, especially the arms for the stormsurge are really a dream !!!!
I would have a question is it possible that you can make this Damocles symbol for the shoulder armor?http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RJplW7gUxDg/ViugbB6FVSI/AAAAAAAA6YM/N50M0EAJJxg/s1600/KauyonENG_Slot2.jpg

and how much would it cost ?

and 2.
as can be seen with krisis pistols
https://lorddirk.deviantart.com/art/Tau ... -390352381
https://lorddirk.deviantart.com/art/Far ... -391316382
https://lorddirk.deviantart.com/art/Far ... -390565281

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#172 » Sep 23 2017 04:19

Damocles symbol can be done. And added to pads too. Since it is not an already made sept symbol I have, it takes a little time to do, maybe with a small fee (based on the number of pads, decreasing for large amounts).

For lord dirk weapon designs, you may ask if s.he is agree to allow them to be done in 3d models. Then, they can be only private models or public, according to his.her agreement.
They could be done too alongside hands.

PuppetMaster
Shas

Post#173 » Sep 23 2017 04:22

Kael'yn wrote:

How do one acquire this and what would it cost?! :biggrin: My stealths claim they need this!!

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#174 » Sep 23 2017 06:14

Thanks
Check my Shapeways shop. I uploaded the assault canon (the upper one) yesterday.

Price is $11 for 6 crisis/stealth sized. If you need more (or the lower one) PM on ATT or Shapeways.

Please note that Shapeways has free shipping till Sunday 24th.

MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Post#175 » Sep 24 2017 06:21

Kael'yn wrote:Image

Your making me drool over the design. this would work well for gue'vesa style units or for hammer heads. nice work man :D

MODELGLUE Eio'Y
Kor'El
Kor'El

Post#176 » Sep 24 2017 08:24

Kael'yn wrote:Please note that Shapeways has free shipping till Sunday 24th.

Aaaand that's all it takes for me to dive in. :)

I ended up getting your cockpit cover as well, seeing as I'll never get around to a custom stormsurge torso.

relasine
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#177 » Sep 25 2017 02:06

Am waiting (im)patiently for someone to do a Y'vahra-style triple flamer for a Riptide suit conversion. Anyone have on in-the-works?

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#178 » Sep 25 2017 03:45

MikeMurdock wrote:Your making me drool over the design. this would work well for gue'vesa style units or for hammer heads. nice work man :D

Thanks. Feel free to get some if you want (or copy them).

MODELGLUE Eio'Y wrote:
Kael'yn wrote:Please note that Shapeways has free shipping till Sunday 24th.

Aaaand that's all it takes for me to dive in. :)

I ended up getting your cockpit cover as well, seeing as I'll never get around to a custom stormsurge torso.

Thanks for your order. I also ordered some prototypes as well to benefit the free shipping.

relasine wrote:Am waiting (im)patiently for someone to do a Y'vahra-style triple flamer for a Riptide suit conversion. Anyone have on in-the-works?

TL:DR: I can but you better do it yourself

I am a scratchbuilder first. Cutting and gluing plastic/metal/resin is my real interest in modelmaking.
I also know that 3D printing has a higher cost than scratchbuilding (the larger the model, the higher the cost).
So I tend to do 3D models that can be difficult to make related to complexity and quantity (doing 6 identical BC barrel for a trio of crisis is tedious and hard to replicate without casting, building identical left & right arms for stormsurge in plastic is a lot of work, doing a cockpit cover is a pain, ...).

A Triple flamer for a riptide could be done for cheap in styrene tubes and plastic card over the HBC body : replacing the barrels, underside canister and rear cylinder with some flamer-related parts. A rough estimate cost in Frosted would be around $15-$30 + shipping (with its inherent roughness) compared to less than $5 of smooth plasting tubes and sheet.

If you really need one, I can look at it, but building yours is a cheaper (and better rewarding) option.

EDIT: I worked on an alternative Fusion Blaster, gatling style (inspired by a PM from PuppetMaster):

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#179 » Sep 25 2017 04:57

Something I'd like to see for your stuff as well. Slots for magnets for Crisis sized weapons. Maybe with 'bitz' to fill the slots where we don't want the magnet (so basically a slot on each side and top of a weapon + 2x filling bit per weapon).

One thing that prevented me from properly magnetizing my stuff for a long time was actually spending the 10€-15€ to buy the tools to properly drill holes for magnets and one of the things people love about FW stuff is that there already are magnet slots included. ;)

MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Post#180 » Sep 25 2017 08:05

Kael'yn wrote:Thanks. Feel free to get some if you want (or copy them).

I shall once some Machinen Kreiger stuff comes in which i'm converting to gue'vesa battlesuits and some hammerheads :)

Kael'yn wrote:EDIT: I worked on an alternative Fusion Blaster, gatling style (inspired by a PM from PuppetMaster):

man Kael'yn you been producing so much good stuff i'm trying my best to support your work while at the same time not burning all the money in my bank account. ,but now I am super tempted to buy another stealth suit team and give the commander of that team this weapon.

Return to “Modelling”