3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Re: 3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post#101 » Oct 23 2016 01:14

It gives 2 other poses by combining 2kits: one pose with the two extended legs (one modified, the other none) and one with the two folded (one modified, the other none).
If you really need a set of poseable legs for broadside, I can see what can be done (it's the rear clamp that will be difficult to assemble at this scale).

ccrraazzyyman
Shas

Post#102 » Oct 23 2016 01:42

I would love to see more Piranha bits. A top cover that completely covers the top like you have on the stormsurge would be amazing.

Bambua
Shas

Post#103 » Oct 27 2016 12:50

I'm due to receive an order from Shapewyas tomorrow. I got the Stormsurge set to let me arm mount the missile pods and the cover for the cockpit. Can't wait to see them and will post pics as I go :)

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#104 » Oct 27 2016 04:02

I think that once my Cadre is fully-painted, my reward will be a Stormsurge with missile arms. Might grab the cockpit cover as well. :)

Bambua
Shas

Post#105 » Oct 28 2016 03:22

Got my Shapeways parts, they fit amazingly well, I spent this afternoon drilling out the original dome mount for the missile launchers to sculpt in some detail. I can't wait to get some paint on these to see how they work!

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#106 » Oct 30 2016 01:26

ccrraazzyyman
Piranha enclosed cockpit could be done, but modelling the hull will take much time. It is a good idea, and I may try it, but don't expect a result soon.

CoffeeGrunt
You're welcome ;).

Bambua
Thanks. I am eager to see your model once done.

A quick update from my holidays work these days:
All models are to be finalized when I will have time in the next weeks (hopefully). Feel free to add comments about them.

Shoulder guards (for Stormsurge, but could be resized to other models like riptide, ...).
3 versions done, based on Broadside (first) Firewarrior (2nd) Crisis (3rd) shoulder guards designs
I want to add another version too, based on the Riptide/Farsight design (multiple interlocked band plates).

If the sept symbol is not added on them it's because I had also worked on these parts:
Fire caste
Air caste
Other castes are in process, but these two will be the most useful, I guess.
Once I get a proper shape, they will be resized according to the models dimensions

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#107 » Nov 11 2016 04:18

Sept symbols are ready (I have all the models in the proper size)
I made several sizes to fit our models:
diameter (mm): 2 , 2.5 , 3 , 3.5 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 12

I will try these solutions:
- a palette mold of each size, for greenstuff duplicating (I need to check if the GS sticks too much in the mold). Price will be around $20.
- a set of one symobl per size, in case someone want to make silicon/Instamold casts (current test gives cost around $10).
- a mixed batch to fit most of needs (Estimated final price will depend of sprues needed for the smaller symbols, but it will be around $50):
  • 20x ( 2 , 2.5 , 3 , 3.5 ) for breachers shoulders, stealth, drones, small appliances
  • 50x ( 4 , 5 ) for firewarriors shoulders, crisis, hazard
  • 30x ( 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 ) for broadsides, ghostkeel, riptide, stormsurge, small vehicles
  • 10x ( 10 , 12 ) for riptide & stormsurge shields, large vehicles

I found that Firecaste symbol is almost the same than Bungie's Marathon videogame:
So I am not sure the tau sept symbols are IP protected. If someone that have better infos about coypright issues that can arise, please PM me.

On the other side, I am still working on alternate shoulder guards designs.
Do you people think it will worth to propose them to Crisis/Broadside/Infantry/Stormsurge/Riptide size ?
Since my free time melt like snow under the sun these days, I have less time to work on 3D models, so I need to review priorities based on what most of people need.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#108 » Nov 26 2016 02:20

Prototypes sent to printers (sept symbols and shoulder guards)
I added the banded shoulder guard and rescaled all to stormsurge/riptide/broadside/crisis scale
https://www.shapeways.com/model/3dtools/5403266/3/61?key=bc57d8b0797f2643d7b79560a54f446a for the 3D view.

Shoulder guards will be put on sale around mid december if everything goes right.
This will be my last new models until march or April 2017 due to job overload.
Again, share comments and ideas on their design.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#109 » Nov 26 2016 07:27

Some great work right there, thank you for the update! Browsing the online library now :)

Woad
Shas'La

Post#110 » Nov 27 2016 12:11

Apologies if this is out of place, but Shapeways is doing a 25% off promo code today (Nov 27) - SMALLBIZ

Ordered a set of the weapon arms with cockpit cover. :)

Return to “Modelling”