3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Re: 3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post#91 » Sep 25 2016 04:55

@Tael
For the pics, I needed something that feel a weight most of people has lifted...

Another quick update:
Missile supports are in the way of being upgraded.
- Fitting (the right is 1mm forward the left when mounted)
- Missile array cups to be custom elevated up to 3 mm (4 intermediate positions by rotating the missile holder and slide pegs in the appropriate grooves, the highest when not using grooves):

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#92 » Sep 28 2016 11:23

I think it's because you have geometrically enclosed shapes. I have had some issues with .5mm FUD parts being very brittle and fragile, but anything which is even mostly enclosed (following the cake pan theory - if you could bake a cake in it, it's geometrically stable) seems to be surprisingly tough.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#93 » Oct 01 2016 04:12

Just a quick render of a concept I put when searching ideas to enter in the ATT Contest (no entry for me this year, but ideas are flowing to feed my next model).
It also have a not shown single large barelled AFP-like

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#94 » Oct 01 2016 07:13

That is awesome. It reminds me of a Broadside conversion that was featured in the 5th edition rulebook.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#95 » Oct 02 2016 05:57

Brutal. The potential posing is a great idea. Really like the feed for the tri-cannons :)

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#96 » Oct 21 2016 10:11

Agentarrow wrote:That is awesome. It reminds me of a Broadside conversion that was featured in the 5th edition rulebook.

Thanks. I didn't remember that conversion and worked from scratch :crafty:

Tael wrote:Brutal. The potential posing is a great idea. Really like the feed for the tri-cannons :)

Thanks. Actually I felt sorry that the poor railgun, master of 5th ed, is now overshadowed by pulse weapons (Supremacy and Stormsurge) and that Tau don't have a real artillery outside of a low grade S4AP5. So I started changing that with a Riptide model, but I lacks ideas to change the body shape and beef the model up.

Now I work on chris13f ATT prize and may release the Sept symbols by the start of November if everything goes well.

Also, I cleaned the mess of the OP and in my Shapeways shop, using the variant feature (too bad categories are predefined, so I end using "Size" for variants...).
Old models (thick versions) are removed from sale. If you still want to buy them (even if my tests tells me the thin are sturdy enough while 50% cheaper), ask by PM.

CoffeeGrunt
Shas'Ui

Post#97 » Oct 21 2016 05:44

I need to make a note to get a pair of the Missile Arms when it comes to getting myself a Stormsurge. Just doesn't look right without them.

abraxus
Shas

Post#98 » Oct 22 2016 08:52

I love the railguns on your concept broadside... maybe smaller, but right idea.

If you created posable broadside legs based on that concept, I would have to fork over large amounts of cash. I have 7 almost untouched broadsides because the legs only allow for the same boring pose.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui

Post#99 » Oct 22 2016 10:05

I managed to reverse the broadside legs pose on my xv88-4 model: http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22929&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Combining multiple models, this allow 4 leg stances combos.
Otherwise, the leg angle could be tweaked like the old crisis models with some cut&glue.

abraxus
Shas

Post#100 » Oct 22 2016 08:16

I've done that.... but that gives one additional pose. I'd like to see legs that can be even more versatile.

Return to “Modelling”