3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Re: 3D print extra parts: Stormsurge, Riptide, Piranha, ...

Post#181 » Sep 25 2017 12:07

Thanks. Magnet slots are to be provided once the parts would really need it (at the moment, they are just barrel replacers).
The problem with predrill magnets is the size and number to add: some (like me) use 3x1mm with (or without) a steel pin, others 3x2mm, others two 2x1mm, and I also saw once a 2x1x1mm option. Unless you drill also the other weapons the same way, only some similarly predrilled bits could be snapped.
In any case you still need the manual drill...

MikeMurdock wrote:man Kael'yn you been producing so much good stuff i'm trying my best to support your work while at the same time not burning all the money in my bank account. ,but now I am super tempted to buy another stealth suit team and give the commander of that team this weapon.

Thanks.
Take your time to fill your wallet. 3d printing is great also because parts are made on demand and there is no stock to deplete.
The FB also need some finishing work before being uploaded.
Last edited by Kael'yn on Sep 25 2017 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

PuppetMaster
Shas

Post#182 » Sep 25 2017 04:40

Kael'yn wrote:EDIT: I worked on an alternative Fusion Blaster, gatling style (inspired by a PM from PuppetMaster):

I know what will be in the hands of my commanders in due time!! :) Would it include the entire unit or just the blue section in the 3D print? How is the smoothness and detail compared to reference?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#183 » Sep 25 2017 04:49

Now that I think about it....if you'd make the gatling style fusion blaster Ghostkeel size then I'd definitely buy one. Maybe with some more polished design to make it a big suit worthy. Dunno, more of the energy source/munition/whatever it's called since it should need more than a regular Fusion Blaster.
The original Fusion Collider bit is as uninspired as its rules. Really dislike that option.

Kael'yn
Fio'Ui
Fio'Ui

Post#184 » Sep 25 2017 05:03

PuppetMaster wrote:I know what will be in the hands of my commanders in due time!! :) Would it include the entire unit or just the blue section in the 3D print? How is the smoothness and detail compared to reference?

The grey part is the original fusion blaster body minus the 2 small boxes (assembly pins) on its sides. I do only barrels to keep coherency with Tau line (and save on price on the least important part).
Detail smoothness depends of the print material: close to plastic in HDA, a little more rough with crisp details in Frosted (but a thick paintjob and/or sanding hides easily the roughness)

Panzer wrote:Now that I think about it....if you'd make the gatling style fusion blaster Ghostkeel size then I'd definitely buy one. Maybe with some more polished design to make it a big suit worthy. Dunno, more of the energy source/munition/whatever it's called since it should need more than a regular Fusion Blaster.
The original Fusion Collider bit is as uninspired as its rules. Really dislike that option.

Upscaling could be easily done. Adding some details too. I will look into it.
Since the ammo canister of the FC has 6 ammos and the vanilla 3 muzzles, it looks fine (beware, this is just a basic upscaling and not a refined product !):

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#185 » Sep 30 2017 05:49

Superb updates, and great to see the community support :)

Return to “Modelling”