My Growing Army - Hunter Cadre Unbreaking Wave

Post and discuss your modelling projects with fellow modellers.
KaptinKrocodile
Shas

My Growing Army - Hunter Cadre Unbreaking Wave

Post#1 » Mar 22 2016 10:11

[note: Name may be subject to change if I find one I think is better. Also, deployments are not always going to use the Hunter Cadre formation.]

Backstory: Hunter Cadre Unbreaking Wave is a cadre from Fal'shia Sept, ever eager to fight for the Greater Good. Although sometimes seen as mavericks due to their use of experimental suits and unusual tactics, they get results and have the scars to prove their experience. (More to come later.)

Here's a picture of my army and how it's coming together:

Pictured:
  • Aun'vre Fal'shia Ko'vash (King Wordbearer): A member of the Ethereal cast attached to the cadre to oversee and guide their efforts. Primarily takes to the field as a motivational speaker who also guides the fire of his warriors through the use of two Marker Drones. A firm believer in the balance between Mont'ka and Kauyon, he is rewarded for his secondary role as peacekeeper with deference and unending loyalty from the other leaders of the cadre.
  • Strike Team Wavecrest: A team of dedicated Fire Warriors who are trained to predict enemy movement patterns in order to fire more accurately. They are led by Shas'ui Nan-Yanoi, a canny and adaptable veteran warrior who earned his rank through stellar service during Warzone Damocles.
  • Longknife Pack: A pack of Kroot who favour Sniper rounds and long range combat, unusually for Kroot, hence the name.
  • Crisis Team Bravo: Renowned throughout their sept for being extremely daring, these XV8 Crisis Suit-wearing veterans are armed to deal with both infantry and vehicles. They are led by Shas'vre Windjammer, a hero of a long series of battles against the Necrons of Kaurava III from the Kaurava campaign.
  • Pathfinder Team Swiftwind: A team of armed and dangerous Scouts, three of whom are armed with Railrifles to assassinate important foes. Have been known to split up into smaller groups to cover more ground and mark more targets. They are led by Shas'ui Kir'qath, whose lack of willingness to heed superiors got him passed around between various cadres before he ended up where he is now.
  • Broadside Shas'vre Stormbreaker: Set up in a XV88 Broadside Battlesuit, he has a long history of victory against the Orks. Stormbreaker once held the line against an advance by the Kult of Speed on an important Tau world alongside his brethren, personally sniping the warboss leading the charge and blasting several Ork vehicles with his Heavy Railrifle. His presence on the battlefield is an inspiration to the cadre.

Not pictured because I don't have the models yet:
  • Shas'o Aloh (Commander Coldwind): A tough-as-nails soldier who firmly believes in the principles of Mont'ka. She comes across as loud and proud, but in reality is a very capable soldier and military leader.
  • Shas'nel Sunwatcher: A Cadre Fireblade who leans more towards Kauyon. He sometimes butts heads with his superior, but his results ensure that he remains among her greatest strategic advisers.
  • Stealth Team Omicron: A stealth team armed with burst cannons. One of two new teams who have been recently transferred over to the cadre.
  • Stealth Team Omega: A stealth team armed with burst cannons and one fusion blaster wielded by team leader Shas'vre Kais. The other new team recently transferred over.
  • Ghostkeel Shas'vre Silentsword: Leader of the sub-team Ghostwalker, an Optimised Stealth Cadre with teams Omicron and Omega. She is very cunning and self-assured. Trained in the use of several Ghostkeel weapons and systems.
  • Vespid Stingwing Strain "Hoverkill": Nicknamed for their flight-and-fight combat style. Led by the Stingwing Elder (Name Translation: One That Drifts On The Tides).
  • Shaper Traksel: Leader of the Longknife Pack and a longtime ally of Commander Coldwind. Like all Kroot, he is rather snarky.
  • Broadside Team Bluelightning: So named for their "thunder and lightning" technique - while Broadside Hero Stormbreaker is armed with a Heavy Railrifle, his comrades are armed with High-Yield Missile Pods. Veterans of many missions against the Orks.

Well, that's what I've got for my army so far. Hope you like it and I'll post more photos as I get more models.

[edit: added more to the unseen models section.]
Last edited by KaptinKrocodile on May 11 2016 06:49, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Tau. This is our time. For the Greater Good!

Raverrn
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: My Growing Army - Hunter Cadre Unbreaking Wave

Post#2 » Mar 22 2016 11:33

That's quite the weapon spread you have on your Crisis Suits!

Blueshock
Shas'Vre
Shas'Vre

Post#3 » Mar 23 2016 12:52

I must admit I am envious of your dedication to the individuality of your army. I have only named and written fluff for the major standouts in my army, rather than detailing each unit. Love what you've put together here my friend and I'm excited to see what you come up with as a paint scheme.
My T'au Army

~My Life for the Empire~

KaptinKrocodile
Shas

Post#4 » May 04 2016 12:18

Blueshock wrote:I must admit I am envious of your dedication to the individuality of your army. I have only named and written fluff for the major standouts in my army, rather than detailing each unit. Love what you've put together here my friend and I'm excited to see what you come up with as a paint scheme.

Thank you. :D

Now, here's my latest addition to my army: Shas'nel Sunwatcher, Cadre Fireblade!

edit:
I bought GW Painting Guide for Tau miniatures yesterday. I expect it will be a big help with my upcoming painting project for my existing miniatures. I am disappointed it has nothing for Kroot, though, so any help you guys can provide with that would be deeply appreciated.

I also bought a can of Chaos Black primer. I expect to put it to use any day now, and to collect the paints I need.

Speaking of painting, here's a first draft of my colour scheme for my army as represented by a Shas'ui:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/fwbeta.p ... grid=TRUE&

KaptinKrocodile
Shas

Post#5 » Dec 17 2016 04:57

Long overdue update: A while ago I successfully ordered an Optimised Stealth Cadre bulk pack. After a long delay and some difficulties involving glue, I am pleased to finally submit for your viewing pleasure my latest batch of assembled models!

While I will say it was all worth it, I am beginning to remember why I don't like putting ball-y battlesuits together. Getting the Ghostkeel bits to quit shifting around in their sockets and just get on with the sticking together was a nightmare. And don't even get me started on trying to get the flipping (as in actual flipping, that's not a safe expletive) parts of the cockpit together. Heck, the only reason the lower half of it is staying in place is because I glued it shut. I'm not 100% sure if I'm painting these things, and even if I do, I'm also not sure I care enough to paint the inside and the pilot within. God knows I had a hard enough time putting the damn cockpit together when everything kept falling apart. :(

But I'm not too bitter about the experience. The models still look great, and I expect this cadre will be provide plenty of crunch to balance out my primarily fluffy ideal army.

Also, I have a bevy of new models on the way for this year's Christmas present. That means two more Start Collecting! boxsets, Commander Shadowsun, a vanilla Commander and a Kroot Shaper as well as another Kroot squad and some Vespid. Beyond that, I will still need to gather two more Broadsides, two more Kroot squads and another Vespid strain to complete my collection, but I'm not greedy. I will gather the money myself and spend it at my leisure. This will be most interesting.

Anyway, that's all for now. See you next time, folks!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#6 » Dec 19 2016 04:00

I'm building a ghostkeel right now to start my Optimized Stealth Cadre. I can identify with your struggle.

Return to “Modelling”